MAMA22 diary

I prefer the black just need to fine shoes, do I go statement red/ electric blue/ purple peep toe or black pixie Lott boot style??????
Oh and the handbag is black sparkly clutch

Busy morning so far only just having first shake I have seen 3 customers, cleaned and bleached kitchen and down stairs loo, cleaned all downstairs, wash load in and dishwasher on. One coffee and half a bottle of water down more painting this afternoon and lo to get to school.

Evening!

Yey we can do it, was ok yesterday had a shake a bar and then ribs :-s at least it was only meat 10,9 this morning. My official WI is Wednesday but it's TOTM week this week.
Out today back to apple again hubby is on his 7th iPhone in 3 weeks, first phone smashed and each phone after has had problems.

Talk about one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch! What a nightmare...

Hi all I'm 8lb if target and feels Like it won't shift!! Wanted to do do sole source all the way to target but I'm off to new York in 11 days and my CDC advised me to 810 this week and 1000 next just before I go to get use to food because I'm having the ful 5 days off when I go !! I'm very worried bout it but it's a trip I've saved for for a full year so wanted to mke the most of it ! Plan to sole source the week after I'm back . am I wrong to do this ? My BMI is 24 now it's just rubbish I won't be at target when I go ? how much weight would u expect to put on? and am I right to re introduce food now before I go ? Help :( xx

I think your CDC makes sense. You will regain about 4 to 5 pounds of the gylcogen which you would regain whenever you went back to non-ketogenic diet.

Ok ladies I now have a target it's an old school friends 30th on the 29th dec so will see loads of old friends so back to training tomorrow I will get the last of this baby weight off before then. Also been shopping today and found a dress or two lol what do you think

View attachment 22144

You look very good in both, and I love the red colour... but the black seems to fit better and is more flattering. You have a fab figure.

I'm sure you will be fine jem you should only SS if you have bmi 25 plus one stone but I do it and I'm sure I'm not the only one x

I know lots of people that do -- but the rationale is that you could be damaging your lean muscle by SSing once you have less body fat (and this includes the heart muscle).

I hope so I didn't know that about under 25 BMI . I love the black dress u look lovely x so should I just enjoy my few days if in NEw York or take some bars/packs xx

I brought the packaged CD products into and from the U.S. with me. It is not an issue. The U.S. does not allow fresh fruit or meat of any kind to be imported. As far as the CD goes it can't be sold in the U.S. as it is not FDA approved, but if it is yours to consume then I doubt you'd have a problem.

Just enjoy your holiday and make sensible decisions, also some airlines won't let you take products like that in.

Really? I have never heard this and can't see how it would be an issue. I stayed on CD810 the whole time I was in the US last April (3 weeks). I came back teh same weight I was when I left.

Thanks spangles my BMI is 23.5 now once I get to target it will be 22 :)

You're at my dream goal!

Those dresses both look great, but I prefer the black.

ditto

I prefer the black just need to fine shoes, do I go statement red/ electric blue/ purple peep toe or black pixie Lott boot style??????
Oh and the handbag is black sparkly clutch

Think we need pictures!

Busy morning so far only just having first shake I have seen 3 customers, cleaned and bleached kitchen and down stairs loo, cleaned all downstairs, wash load in and dishwasher on. One coffee and half a bottle of water down more painting this afternoon and lo to get to school.

Whew, I am impressed with your accomplisments! What customers? Are you a CWPC? Hairdresser?

Mel what a weekend I ended up pulling a major hissy in apple and they said we had damaged this phone by dropping it in water and would have to pay £120 to fix it. They said phones are checked before given out my argument was they gave 7 faulty phones to us in a matter of weeks yet they was telling me this phone was guaranteed perfect, long story short they replaced the phone no charge think they just wanted me to leave lol. I did make them check the new phone fully before I would accept it.

Very good day today but also started TOTM so will be hitting the chocolate shakes hard

What a shame you had so much trouble with apple - I have had their phones since the 1st one and never had an issue, I love apple.

I didn't know that you shouldnt SS with BMI under 25 - I am sure mine is below that now and my CDC hasn't said anything. Still - I just want to shift this stone before I stop - if only I could stop cheating.

I don't think the BMI 25 matters so much when you are already on the diet, it's more that you shouldn't start at that level as you aren't fat enough to need a VCLD.

To do SS at all you should be BMI 25 plus one stone.

Had a busy busy day and just finished wrapping presents

inspired.com -- I really need to get going on this! How much more to do?

I just spent all evening going through the boots 3for2 toys, so that's the kids done. Boots website is so slow!

I just spent all evening going through the boots 3for2 toys, so that's the kids done. Boots website is so slow!

It was so much easier when the kids were interested in toys. Now they are so difficult.

MinnieMel said:
inspired.com -- I really need to get going on this! How much more to do?

Got some more to wrap then need something for my mum and dad, both my sister are having money. One of my sisters is having weight loss surgery after Christmas so wants money for a new wardrobe.

Got some more to wrap then need something for my mum and dad, both my sister are having money. One of my sisters is having weight loss surgery after Christmas so wants money for a new wardrobe.

I am being a bit impertinent here, but is the NHS paying for your sister's surgery?

Even if they are not -- how do you feel about her having WLS when you managed to lose so much weight without it?

If you mum and dad are still together, why not get them cinema vouchers or tickets to something? Most older people do not need "things".

I am going to wrap something, now -- just to say I started. ;)

Yes the NHS is paying and I don't want her to have it done but it's what she wants.
Hmmm might send them out somewhere

You are worried about the dangers involved? But not resentful of her "taking the easy route"?

Maybe a concert for mum and dad?

I don't think I would be resentful of someone taking 'the easy route' - sometimes the weight loss surgery might be the only way to kick start them. It's not something I know much about. I think I would feel sad, more than anything, that my sister didn't have the will power/capability to just do the diet or had reached the point surgery was required.

She's been struggling with her weight longer then me, she joined cd when I did but ended up coming off it due to having her gallbladder removed, then she spent all last Christmas in ICU after a doctor gave her antibiotics that she is known to be allergic to. Every time she starts something comes along and pushes her down, and most of the time its something caused by being over weight. I don't think it's an easy way out ones we finish cd we know we can eat anything in moderation but she will have a list of foods she can no longer eat.

My mum and dad are always at concerts they go out me then me

just to stick in my two pence worth - I don't think WLS is an easy option at all. I think being in a situation where you have to face a life-threatening operation, with a frighteningly high proportion of post operative complications, is an incredibly hard journey to take. Compared to that, CD has been easy for me - but it doesn't work for everyone.

Long term obesity is a tiny amount about physiology, and a massive amount about psychology. It makes no more sense to think less of someone for not doing a vlcd than it does when people think less of us for not doing 'healthy eating and exercise'.

The NHS isn't a rich organisation, and don't throw baratric surgery around like confetti. If they've said your sister needs it, then that's good enough for me. And if it does cure her obesity long term, then it will almoste certainly save them money in the long run.

Hi Again,

I agree with Spangles view on the WLS (personally). I was asking the questions because I have heard people say these sorts of things about their friends, family members, etc. who chose this option.

I know that when I did a VLCD to lose the extra 4 stone I carried around for 13 years -- some people were very judgmental. The amusing thing is that quite a few of these "critics" used the same diet later on -- when they saw how well it worked for me. And, they saw that I did not "gain it all back and more" -- as was "predicted". In fact, until I totally stopped exercising, I kept it all off. Then, it came back at 2 to 3 pounds a month.

I am now having to lose less than half of my original loss... and I know to do it: it'll take Exercise and Dieting. I have a very low BMR.

I wish your sister well, Mama22.

Thank you, think my sister just reached rock bottom last Christmas she has been repeatedly cheated on by her last ex's and had one illness after another. As I said a doctor gave her antibiotics she is known to be allergic to and told her they were something different this then caused a collapsed lung and in icu on a ventilator for her 30th birthday and Christmas. The doctors didn't even question when she asked for surgery as they could see her history. So for her last Christmas being able to eat normally she is coming to us this year and I have planned lots of little but nice food. She is also coming to stay after her op. don't think I could do it go with out a fillet steak cooked red ever again or a fizzy drink

Back