Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

Hiya honey

You're right to start thinking about maintenance and planning your way forward, you need to find what works for you & if the Hay diet has worked in the past, then it has to be worth trying again for your maintenance. You're right about counting cals too, I've only just started to do that again, as I now accept I need to to keep me in check and that yes I will be doing it forever, but for me, I think that's what it'll take & what works.

See you Thursday - have a good day, blooming cold though isn't it.

xx

Cold ain't the word, I had to pop across to Waitrose to get some more water, and I was buggared if I was going to walk down the alleyway, so I walked through Woolies, then the wind hit me as I went round the corner, it didn't stop to go round it went straight through.

Lost 4.5lbs last night.

"I'm over halfway, i'm over halfway" Yeh Heh!!!
"38 to go, 38 to go eh eye agy oh 38 to go"

I know I'm a stupid twit, but I'm a happy bunny today.

45lbs since October 35lbs on CD since 6th Jan = 3.5lbs per week ave.

Oh and I have discovered soft liquorice (australian style) yum but not good for you. 38 Cals per piece.

I know it will hit me for six later with the hunger pangs but I was happy.

Hugs to all.
xxxxx

Last edited:
Wayyhayy - half way that's fab honey - doin' a happy dance for ya

Keep up the good work and leave that liquourice alone!!!

See you soon, you're a star

xx

p.s. you'll feel the cold a lot more now of course, cos you're so much thinner :D

Hiya MD, how you doin?

I promise I will leave the black stuff alone.

Took Cy to have his brace sorted yesterday and even the Dentist noticed that I was thinner. Told him about Race for Life going to sting him for sponsorship. I have even emailed who know who to sponsor me, this is just so that I can go in to collect the money and for him to go oooooh! Gosh I am happy today, walking around with a silly grin on my face.

Can I see you at the usual time tomorrow - pretty please???

xxx

Yep, that'll be fine, glad you're so happy today - you deserve to be, you're at that stage now where everyone's going to notice and will have to comment - so get used to that happy feeling, it just gets better and better from here on in.

Must do your sponsor form and Kate's too, keep nagging me if I forget won't you.

See you tomorrow - continue to have a great day, just come across some lovely smileys and graphics so here's one just for you:

Hi Carolyn,

Just catching up on your diary and was delighted to see your health check went very well.:D

Congratulations on your weight loss this week... 4.5lbs. is brill and well done on being half way there...

fetch.dll

Hi guys.,

Thanks for the support and love the graphics, and Mini I think your weight loss is stupendous only 34 to go.
How have you found the whole process???

I think that everyone who embarks on CD is brave, until you start to do it and stick at it you have noooo idea!

Just another thing, has anyone else noticed that it hurts to sit on your arse???

My bum bones get really sore sitting at work and now I have got to find a cushion for the car seat coz that hurts to.

Mad I know!!!!

Well, all, here I am on this cheery, honest thread, to declare that when I weighed-in this morning I'd GAINED one pound.

Oh, my.

As I posted on the DH Board, I realise that many factors may have come into play to cause this gain, so I won't worry about it unduly.

Even so - it's made me think. Fluid balance and hunger seem to hang by a thread on VLCDs. My hunger has been a real problem, this time around.

Ah, well. Probably another 'plateau' I'll just have to work through. It would be so nice to have lost another two or three pounds by this time next week.

Just had a look at your pics. What a difference in you Carolyn. You must be feeling fab!! Well done!

Tx

Hiya Girly Girl.,

Good to hear from you, don't worry you will probably find that next week you will have lost double, the weight you should have lost and the following weeks, I did that back in January put on half a pound and the following week I lost 8lbs.

You are right about the fluid retention et al and I know that perhaps this is TMI but I long for the days when my Metformin medication caused me to run to the loo regularly. I am consuming Movical today in an effort to reduce the effort.

Hows the accounts going TM, I have the end of year payroll stuff to worry about next month no self assessment this year. Thank you for your comments about the photos, its the first time I have not worried about taking my photo, the reason I have so few is coz I hated how I looked so no piccies.

30lbs lost well done on that, how is OH coping?

Take care guys - catch up soon.

xxxxx

Hiya honey

Just had a look at your photos, fabulous daaaahlin, you're looking really good.

See you later - lots to tell you re possible house move!!!! :eek:

xx

Hiya all.,

Well I went in to serious sabotage mode last night, why I will come to later, but I consumed 1000 more calories than I should have and today I feel totally knackered, I am so tired.

Reason 1: I had to take my car into be repaired and I am now driving a tinny fiesta (courtesy) which I have to say is probably the most uncomfortable car I have ever had to drive, the seat belt sits on my shoulder and makes it ache and you can't adjust it so I have now got a stiff neck and I miss my car (which is only a Vectra diesel estate) but in comparison it is comfortable. I'm sorry if this offends its not meant to.

Reason 2: I have the vet coming out today to vet a mare I bred myself, she is by my stallion and when she was born she was everything I wanted, but I have not had the time to do anything with her and I cannot keep her solely for sentimental reasons. The person who is interested is a good friend of the owner of her mum and she will be looked after along with her half brother and she will be loved and it is just the sort of home I would want for her but it is a big wrench. The whole thing is upsetting coz the main reason why I haven't done anything with her is my Mum, I have to keep her at Mums coz her dad is at home. Love my Mum though I do she will insist on interfering and we end up rowing, so it is easier not to get into that situation. So now I am self reproaching for not having the guts to do something about it but at the end of the day she is my mum.

I know that in the grand scheme of things these are perhaps minor hitches but I went into major comfort eating mode last night and consumed 50g Cashew Nuts and 70g of 86% Dark Choccy.

I can hear you all saying 'Oh why did you do that' but I couldn't stop myself, it would be alright if they were things I would normally binge on (before I lost the weight) but they are not and now I am paying the price with the tiredness.
I am drinking loads of water to flush the c**p out hopefully later tonight I will feel better.

I promise I will try not to do it again.

So I am using this thread as my confessional, it is very cathartic.

I know my mare will pass the Vet and tonight I will be weeping into my hanky for a while to come, like I am now just writing about it but hell its for the best, and she will love all the attention she will get.

Well thats me for now -

Last edited:
Oh Carolyn i'm so sorry.
Hadn't posted on your diary fo a couple of days as you seem to be doing so well & your pics are a sight to behold.
I've been thinkung of posting some meself,& did take some at the gym a few weeks ago,but as I don't think I allowed any except head & shoulders pre CD there's no comprison. shots.
Also been meaning to pm you about all the local towns you mebntioned last week-but not had yhe time yety.will do soon.

Any how onto business.
Last night could have been worse.Hiw long would it usually take all that sugarto get out of tour system?
Are you feeling less dopey this afternoon than when you posted this morning?

have you got the steely determination back to pick up & get going SSing again?
If not is there anything we/I can do to help. Send MD round?

you've done so well so far.
When it comes to tugging the heart strings ,if it isn't the kids it's the animals..Actually I tend to lump them all together a livestock. they all need food,water,cuddles,exercise & regular clean bedding.
You've obviously put a lot of thought intoyour decision to rehome your mare,& just because your rational self knows it's the right decision,doesn't necessarily make it less painful.
I hope it gets easier when she is at her new home & happy & it's one less thing for your mum to interfere with.

if you're still struggling tis eveningget on here before you open the fridge,thewn have a bath ,then get on here again.
You can & will get going again & in a few weeks time this'll be a hiccup & no more.

I know you can dio it!!!!:patback: :hug99:

Hiya honey

Aww that's a tough call and no wonder you were so down last night, even though you know she's going to a good home & will be well loved, well it's never easy saying goodbye is it - gawd you've got me started now. I'd give you the biggest hug now if I could and we could bawl our eyes out together.

Forget about the blip, it's done, it's gone, it's over, you feel cr*p today so you don't need to beat yourself up about it. You know that food's not the answer or will make you feel any better, and you don't need me to tell you that, but sometimes it just seems like the easy answer. All you can do now is get straight back on the wagon, drink tons of water like you're doing and focus on that Newport Show and how gorgeous & slim you want to be by then - you know you can do it and you will make it happen.

Take care sweetheart & have a good day. I'll email those piccies over to you now whilst the thought is still in my purdy lil' head.

xxxxx

Hiya Guys.,

Thanks for all the support, self destruct mode is over and I am focusing better now.

The Mare failed the Vet, such a shock the one thing I was sure of was that she would pass. She has Sarcoids (warts) on the inside of her back legs by her Boobies a small cluster on one side and one tiny one on the other.

The thing that is ticking me off now is that I had made my mind up and now the people who are interested aren't sure even though her half brother who my next door neighbour owns had them when she bought him.

My friend got rid of his by rubbing raw garlic onto them and in a few months they had gone. The thing is that I could have spotted them myself and done this and got rid of them and then she would have passed and the Vet would have been none the wiser.

The thing I am trying to say is that a Vetting is only as good as an MOT on a car on the day it was tested.

My friend decided to by her horse regardless of the vetting coz she knew that she could go out and buy a horse tomorrow with a full pass vetting and the next week he could come down with something that would fail him. Its swings and roundabouts.

So now I am in Limbo as to what will happen, the person who is interested is going to go away and research them and then let me know.

On a good note, went out with my daughter yesterday for her birthday (13) she is growing up so fast now and for the first time we enjoyed being together no arguing or I'm bored, just very girly. Got some cracking bargains, and bought a birthday cake from M & S, I usually make my own, but we have run out of eggs, normally we have so many we are giving them away.

She took part in an Eistefford on Saturday, a Recitation she was brill so much more confident than usual and she looked so comfortable up there, and she only got 4 marks off the girl who came first. We have got to find a way of getting her noticed, as MD who vouch this is not normally a problem for her ( we have problems with her at school for not being able to button it) the girl that won, acted the piece (not what she was supposed to do) but that is by the by, it is the spark which the Adjudicator needs to see, any ideas would be gratefully received.

Anyway that is me for now, will speak soon.

Take care one and all.
Hugs

Hi honey

Glad you're feeling more positive and back with it again, don't like to think of you being down.

Lovely that you had such a good time with H yesterday, I always think she's older than she is, I thought there was more of a gap between her & Georgia, it's her height I expect, but it's great when you have girly times together. I'm getting that with Georgia more & more, shopping is now actually enjoyable, even when it's not for her, she takes interest in what I'm buying and tells me (too honestly!) what she thinks, but we just have more fun together, which is great. Congrats on her coming 2nd too, that's really good, especially to be so close to the winner, you must all be very proud of her, she's doing so well with it. With regards to finding a spark, not an easy answer to that, I suppose she needs to act it very slightly in as much as she believes and emotes what she's saying but without going into obvious "acting" mode if that makes sense. Not easy for a 13 year old girl to do, but she's obviously doing very well at it to come such a close 2nd.

Catch up with you soon my love, if not this week then next - take care, let us know how you get on with your mare.

xxxx

So sorry about the Vetting.
Life is full of these unexpected ups & downs.
Don't know much about horses meself but the warts don't sound as if they are more than a nuisance-not affecting her health or rideability.

hope you get it sorted one way or another soon.
best wishes

Heya!

Just like to say that I have no need at all to question why you ate cashew nuts and 86% dark chocolate... DROOL.

But you have put it behind you, which is the only way.

I managed to SS yesterday, with one extra pack, and am hoping to get through today without problems. It is so difficult! We should give ourselves credit for sticking at something so challenging.

Back