Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

Good Good.
Well done on day 5.
Will beback later to read about your day 6
Keep it up

Hiya one and all.,

Well weekend over, or should I say weak end, was good on Saturday but yesterday oops, cheese yet again, and some flaked almonds. Only around 200 cals in the total I ate so not as bad as I can be. The only thing that kept me going was being under 13st for Thursday at the Hospital.

I noticed the last time I went that they weigh 5kgs under correct and according to that I should be around 12st for them (even better).

But my visit to MD on Thursday afterwards will be the one that counts.

Even though I was naughty yesterday, I am not going to let it bug me. The more I beat myself up about it the more I will want to eat. I am back in focus today so I am accepting no s**t from my demons.

I quickly read Icemoose's maintenance thread and it was very interesting what people were saying.

I am a good 2st away from when I need to start Maintenance but like so many others on here, I am dreading it. Portion size won't be a problem coz I have already cut everyone elses down, and the amounts that I use for the three of them will be stretched to include me so even less for them. I can't say that I was a picker before coz I used to eat only at meal times, but since being on CD I have become one - I am hoping that this will go away once I have finished, I think I only do it coz I am someone who hates to be resticted/told what to do. One of the reasons I had a growing weight problem was all the 'You should look at yourself, you need to lose weight' or 'Have you tried such and such diet it will help'. The more people put the pressure on the more I ate just to be bloody minded.

That is how self destructive I can be, why? I have no idea, I think I am mentally/emotionally balanced (MD keep your opinions to yourself) but there definitely is a Demon somewhere that needs throttling!

Not sure what to do tomorrow, it is the last GP weigh in tomorrow for a while and I would like to go, coz I haven't missed a week, but I know that if I go I will be told off by the nurse for losing too much. I am going to ring and say that I have other commitments, at the end of the day, it is MD's scales that will count for a bit to come, basically coz the woman that runs the GP clinic is waiting for a hip replacement op and therefore is not starting another clinic for a while I will find out when I ring her what is going on.

I have left a sponsor form for the Race for life with them so, I will have to collect that later this week.

Hubby only noticed last night that I am SSing, Daughter knew but son and him didn't . I think the reason I kept it quiet with him was I was waiting for him to blow his top, but he didn't and all he said was be careful, but at least he cares.

Anyway yet again I am cold, this is despite the lovely weather, the heater is on yet again in my office but who cares as long as I am warm I am not worried.

Thats all for now, onwards and downwards.

Hugs.
xxx

was good on Saturday but yesterday oops, cheese yet again, and some flaked almonds. Only around 200 cals in the total I ate so not as bad as I can be. The only thing that kept me going was being under 13st for Thursday at the Hospital.

But my visit to MD on Thursday afterwards will be the one that counts.

Even though I was naughty yesterday, I am not going to let it bug me. The more I beat myself up about it the more I will want to eat. I am back in focus today so I am accepting no s**t from my demons.

Good for you.Doesn't sound a v serious accidental-intake

I quickly read Icemoose's maintenance thread and it was very interesting what people were saying.

well done -i've been meaning to visit it for a while now but am dreading it too,because of all the hard work & lessons I know it'll make me realise I need to do/learn

One of the reasons I had a growing weight problem was all the 'You should look at yourself, you need to lose weight' or 'Have you tried such and such diet it will help'. The more people put the pressure on the more I ate just to be bloody minded.
that makes sense.a lot of us on here are either proud,or rebellious,or just plain not wanting to admit to others that our weight is an issue for us.

That is how self destructive I can be, why? I have no idea, I think I am mentally/emotionally balanced (MD keep your opinions to yourself) but there definitely is a Demon somewhere that needs throttling!

Not sure what to do tomorrow, it is the last GP weigh in tomorrow for a while and I would like to go, coz I haven't missed a week, but I know that if I go I will be told off by the nurse for losing too much.

I'm confused now do you get weighed by GP & hosp as well as MD?.
Hubby only noticed last night that I am SSing, Daughter knew but son and him didn't . I think the reason I kept it quiet with him was I was waiting for him to blow his top, but he didn't and all he said was be careful, but at least he cares.

Well done Mr mamma-caz. i half expected my H to be antiCD when I cam home with the packs & told him I was going todo it.Bless him he just said Ok if it's what you want.
He seems quite happy with it now.I think he was worried at first, that hot food for the family would dry up.

come & tell us how you get on with MD won't you.

Hiya folks,

I am seeing MD later today, so I will let you know how I fared tomorrow. Depending on how much I have lost I may go and see the GP clinic tonight not sure.

I know that this sounds really perculiar, but I will try and explain.

Last October I was asked if I would like to join a weight management clinic run by my GP surgery so on 3rd October 2006 I joined and weighed in at 16st 9.5lbs Ugh!!

Anyway all the way through to christmas I was up and down like the preverbial knickers and I lost only 10lbs. I had already seen MD and how well she had done, so just before chrimbo I got my medical form and then got it signed by GP. Signed up with MD 5th January 2007 and started my CD journey the next day.

However, because my weight needed to be monitored coz I was diabetic, I had to continue attending "Thin Club" even if it was just to be weighed and not actually attend the group talking to afterwards. In my session October - December I attended all of 6 Times out of the possible 12 weeks (I was in denial) I found it very difficult to focus and felt guilty most weeks for some reason or another that I had self destructed on.

Since I have been on CD I have not missed a week and I have become quite anal about attending. When I first started to give SSing a go I lost 4.5lbs and had to make the excuse that I had had a tummy bug coz the nurse who weighed me told me off for losing to quick and that I was not to lose any more weight the following week. Needless to say that was permission to be stupid and so I did exactly what she said and stayed the same.

Now though there is every chance that I have possibly lost another 4-5lbs since last week, so I suppose I could use the excuse that 'Well I didn't lose anything last week' to get away with it.

I would like to go coz it is the last one for a while and I have got to pick up a sponsor form from there. I think that writing this has convinced me to go anyway.

Any road up! - Thanks for listening.

Take care one and all.
Hugs
xx

I'm sure you'll be ok this week.As you said it's a 2/52 loss.
then you'll have a break & wait til clinic resumes before risking the wrath of the thin-club-nurse again.
good loss this week.What did you score at mD's?

Well good morning everyone - had a good loss yesterday with MD 5.75lbs I am now down to 13st 2lbs a total of 48.5lbs lost in total, 38.5lbs of that on CD so very happy today.

Went to GP clinic and had a good natter to the leader, she is a lovely lady who has soooo much experience and was also 6st overweight herself at one time and all credit to her she has lost it and continues to maintain now so a good example to all of us. We go back 17th April for guidance and discussion evenings so am looking forward to that, hopefully I will have another half stone off by then.

Thanks for all your support folks, I really appreciate it, Jane your weight loss is coming on fantastically amazing, and Davica 30lbs woo hoo!! well done.

Take care - will catch you all later.

xxxxx

We go back 17th April for guidance and discussion evenings so am looking forward to that, hopefully I will have another half stone off by then.

At least ;)

Well Folks, how are you all after EATER Weekend, and no that is not a spelling mistake that is what I have done.

Went into celebration mode, and decided to have a weekend eating, it would be alright if I had been sensible but no it was all the things I am not supposed to eat - but get this, I made sure I ate no more than 1200 calories in a day - WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?????

So as a result I jumped on the scales this morning expecting a major problem, only to find that I have not put any on nor any off, but I am so pleased that it has not done any real damage - just set me back 5 days.

The reason I was celebrating - my hospital appointment was the best, it was fantastic, the result was the following:-
1). He asked me if I would like to talk to his other patients to prove that losing weight helps. (I declined that one as I do not think he was serious).
2). He was chuffed because it is so rare for people to lose the weight and come off meds.
3). HE DISCHARGED ME. YE HEE!!!!

So the upshot is that I no longer have to visit the hospital just my GP and they will refer me only if I need to be, and although I wasn't under 13st I wasn't far off it so that pleased me to.

I have been power walking 5kms everyday now, so that I can get myself fit for the 'Race for Life' in June, I am enjoying taking my dog Meggie out round the lanes and I use my phone as an MP3 player so some time to myself and focus at the end of the day.

Seeing MD thursday - not expecting much off perhaps just a couple of pounds would be a good incentive, and then I am going for my next 10% goal by my Wedding Anniversary on 26th April, that will bring me down to only 1.5st to lose Yeah!!

I figure I can do this now coz I have Eater weekend behind me now and no excuses to be silly.

Well I hope you are all okay - keep onwards and downwards.

hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey well done on sticking to 1200 cals a day! I wouldn't like to tot up how many I had!

Fantastic news about the hospital appointment. Thats the best news ever and well worth the celebration!

Keep up the good work!

Tx

Hello darling

Fab fab news being discharged, and get you being asked to be a consultant - I'll be calling you Dr soon :p That's really brilliant though Caz, you've done such a great job.

I'll gloss over the Eater :rolleyes: weekend, what's done is done and as you say onwards & downwards from now on.

We've had a flurry of activity on the house and have had an offer - eek - which we're mulling over. I won't type it all out here again, suffice to say there's lot's going on, nothing ever been straightforward in my life :p and tell you all about it on Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing you then

Jan
xx

OOOOOOh MD - I can't wait for the info - Gosh you've got me all excited too!!!

See you Thursday!!!!

There's an abridged version on my diary if you can't wait LOL - if not I'll give you all the info on Thursday, mind you it's changing daily, so who knows what will have happened by then :p

Carolyn,

That is fantastic news. You are really chuffed!!!

What an inspiration. Keep going.

D

Yes, you are an inspiration, in fact I've just had a new client who is diabetic and without going into details of course, it was lovely to be able to tell her of your successes.

Hello Carolyn,wa wondering howyou were!:wavey:

Well Folks, how are you all after EATER Weekend, and no that is not a spelling mistake that is what I have done.

Went into celebration mode, and decided to have a weekend eating, it would be alright if I had been sensible but no it was all the things I am not supposed to eat - but get this, I made sure I ate no more than 1200 calories in a day - WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?????

That my dear Carolyn is called control.
It means that you/your brain have learned a new skill.Not just feasting & fasting,but sustaining.
You say it was all the wrong stuff,but part of us knows that slim people eat the wrong things sometimes, it's just that they do it infrequently & in moderation.
Isn't his effecively what you did,& then pulled back when the W/E was over.
I can see it scared you a bit,probably as it wasn't planned,nor low-carb.
But,HEY! It sounds like a successful dalience into the world of 'real'

So as a result I jumped on the scales this morning expecting a major problem, only to find that I have not put any on nor any off, but I am so pleased that it has not done any real damage - just set me back 5 days.

HA!!.A victory!;) :D

The reason I was celebrating - my hospital appointment was the best, it was fantastic, the result was the following:-
1). He asked me if I would like to talk to his other patients to prove that losing weight helps. (I declined that one as I do not think he was serious).
2). He was chuffed because it is so rare for people to lose the weight and come off meds.
3). HE DISCHARGED ME. YE HEE!!!!

A triple victory.
You don't think he was being serious?
just think how frustrating it must be running a clinic where many of the pts would be better controlled or even,like you,off meds altogether,if they lost weight-but most of them don't.He can encourage but can't bully as alienating patients is counterproductive.You achieve the best resolution for your condition, & you think he was only joking about you spreading the word!!!:p

I have been power walking 5kms everyday now, so that I can get myself fit for the 'Race for Life' in June, I am enjoying taking my dog Meggie out round the lanes and I use my phone as an MP3 player so some time to myself and focus at the end of the day.

Ahhhhhhh! So that's where all the 'wrong stuff' was burned off

Don't want to tread on M-D's toes(incase she doesn't take quite the same 'victorious' line about easter (sorry Eater) & she is the CD,I'm only a motor-mouth), but I would chalk this up as a notch on the bedpost of self discovery.
taken all in all,you might consider getting awhittling knife & making several marks on the bed-post.:superwoman:

PS- if you disappear again I'll have to come knocking with a PM to see if you're ok!

Hiya Jane and Co.,

Thank you so much Jane for all your generous statements, and incidentally well done on your amazing weight loss, not long now and you will be half way, what an achievment. I take it that you are aiming for your vacance alla Francais. (Schoolgirl French!!). You are catching me up fast, I had better get my act together and focus more.

I am seeing MD tomorrow morning as joy of joys we are going to a Poultry Auction in the evening, am after some more Orpingtons, I only have one lonely Buff left out with the other chucks but she is so pretty. We originally had 5 chucks and a Rooster all named after characters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (don't ask) needless to say the cockerel was called Spike. So I am hoping we might get some Lavender or Buffs tomorrow.

I was back at work yesterday and I felt so wiped by the time I got home that I didn't go for my walk, but I will tonight and perhaps do 6.5kms no doubt Meggie will be pleased. We have a problem with her chasing vehicles and although she comes to you when they approach she runs after them when they pass and I now have her on a lead hoping to train her, not sure how we can do that - any suggestions welcome!! Time and Percy Verance no doubt.

I am feeling quite mellow today, and fully in control which is good and I am going to be good today a little lax yesterday but nothing like the weak end.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather, take care one and all.

Hugs
xxxxxxxx

Hiya Jane and Co.,

Thank you so much Jane for all your generous statements, and incidentally well done on your amazing weight loss, not long now and you will be half way, what an achievment.

Yes I only spotted that the other day--9lb & i'm 1/2 way there.
silly cow I change the ticker every week feelng proud but hadn't actualy taken in that the fish is nea the centre now--derr! I take it that you are aiming for your vacance alla Francais. (Schoolgirl French!!).

Purely concidence & I haven't done the arithmetic yet,but if I can be near gal & moving up the cambridge levels in time for france that would just ice my cake beautifully.
come over all excited just thinking about it. You are catching me up fast, I had better get my act together and focus more.

Uh no I don't really think so-but if you think so & it gets you in the right mood that's fine by me.

I am seeing MD tomorrow morning as joy of joys we are going to a Poultry Auction in the evening, am after some more Orpingtons, I only have one lonely Buff left out with the other chucks but she is so pretty. We originally had 5 chucks and a Rooster all named after characters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (don't ask) needless to say the cockerel was called Spike. So I am hoping we might get some Lavender or Buffs tomorrow.

Where is the auction held?
they are few and far between now.
my nearest is Hereford but not even once a month-but such good fun.

i just love orpintons.I had a big lazy buff onceshe was lovely but naver laid.
She was called hercules after the giant prop-driven planes.Don't know if the raf flies them near you but they come over us regularly,so low & so slow you wonder how they manage to stay up.
Never seen a lavender orp-actually didn't know they did them that colour.
Had a lavender auraucana once.not a good specimen,bit runty,showed her to a friend who said they thought it had been crossed with a pidgeon!
I am feeling quite mellow today, and fully in control which is good and I am going to be good today a little lax yesterday but nothing like the weak end.

Good Good

Back in the swing already-see I said you weren't out of control,just out of familiar territory!

Back