Man Talk

Can't believe it. Most any other diet has moved in first week is 7lb.

Also met a couple of men who are just coming off RTM in next 2 weeks, looking at them there's NO WAY they were ever overweight.

Inspiring!!

As I understand it men lose fast but also put on much faster than women so once the weight's gone that's when the work starts...

But I'll worry about that another day. Today I'm buzzing with excitement of possibilities ahead.

Hi Sean

Awesome result
Given me inspiration brother
Cant wait for my first weigh in next week
How did you find your first week - when do you think you moved into Ketosis and did you have any side effects - how you feeling now

Cheers

James

Honestly, not had any side effects and not really felt hungry other than at odd moments, but a glass of Water/coffee does the trick for that.

Felt better immediately but probably ~ day 3 felt really fit. I guess that's when keytosis kicked in.

Still feel bl##dy marvellous.

Keep the Faith Jim!

Sean
Your one week ahead of me and had a great start - your like my Mr Motivator
Its like a race simulator where I can see you in the distance up ahead and I must keep the Faith to keep you in my sights
See we have simmilar amount to lose so will stay in touch

Once again awesome start

Cheers

James

Sean

After my last post just noticed that you have same goal weight as me - 14 stone and same goal date - 31 May
Whilst your one week ahead I note that your now new weight is 3lbs above mine so were like twins

Last time I weighed less than 15 stone was in 94
14 stone is my goal but if I can manage it I want to get down to 13 stone so I have a buffer - What a great word

Cheers

James

You're taller than me so aiming for a lower BMI.

I can't ever remember being 14st. I was 16st at 16 (but did play rugby, squash & 5-a-side football each twice per week) and was as fit as the proverbial Butcher's Dog!

Don't have the same muscle structure now so 14 should be about right (BMI says 12!!!). We'll see.

Like the race idea - but just worried at how many of the Ladies on here are thinking of punchlines along the line of "Jim rappidly coming up behind Sean...."

It's only a matter of time I fear

Why jealous Guy?

Surely you're already been there, done that!

Maybe jealous is the wrong word. Reminiscent maybe, or sentimental or something.

heh, it's like Stockholm syndrome! Maybe I'm in denial that I'm actually there lol.

This is no slight on the girls but I guess I never really had any gent’s type camaraderie on message boards during my time in abstinence

Guy said:
I guess I never really had any gent’s type camaraderie on message boards during my time in abstinence

and yet you still managed to do some incredibly well!
looking at your stats, al I see it 10lbs, 8lbs, 5lbs, 12lbs!, 10lbs, 9lbs..... really inspirational stuff! :)

and yet you still managed to do some incredibly well!
looking at your stats, al I see it 10lbs, 8lbs, 5lbs, 12lbs!, 10lbs, 9lbs..... really inspirational stuff! :)
[/font][/color]

Oh yeah I'm certainly not complaining. You've been here for a while now and Andy is also here. I guess there'd be alot more men around but I don't think a majority of men that do LL take it as seriously as we do. At least that's the impression I get from my group some times.

My bigger losses are generally when I've been away the week before and done a two week stint though. I have certainly been one of the lucky ones. I've pretty much been losing 5lbs or more a week for a while now.

Maybe jealous is the wrong word. Reminiscent maybe, or sentimental or something.

heh, it's like Stockholm syndrome! Maybe I'm in denial that I'm actually there lol.

This is no slight on the girls but I guess I never really had any gent’s type camaraderie on message boards during my time in abstinence

<slap> There's some cmaraderie for ya mate! :D :8855:

All kidding aside, I bet that was kind of a bummer for you Guy! But you did great anyway!!!

I know what you mean about the reminiscent part of it all. I feel that way too. I can relive my excitement through them, to a degree but its not quite the same. And that was such a wonderful exciting time knowing my life was about to change. I think its very natural to feel this way. :)

<backing out of the locker room now> :D

Thanks guys. I'm not fishing for compliments but I'll take em anyway lol :p I can honestly say that I haven't done anything special. Just follow the plan to the letter and you will be where I am in a few short months. I still can't believe I was sitting here typing at over 21 stone just 4 months ago and now my scales are about to tick over to the thirteen's!

The Blogs are really easy to set up. Head over to wordpress and register. There are tutorials there to walk you through it. I think it's one of the main reasons I've suceeded. Just to have a place to ramble works wonders. It's a real eye opener when I go back and read my early posts now. My readership goes up and down but I'm so glad I set it up. I would still do it if no one read it to be honest. It's a journal as much as anything else.

Edit: I thought you would get what I was going on baout BL. :)

Hey all, I am Lee (male lol) and started LL on Tuesday. Not finding it hard at the moment, however this is only day 3. People at work are not helping putting cakes in my face, but I will just throw a cake at them if they continue lol. How is everyone else doing that has just started?

Lee ;-)

Hi Lee- I'm not a guy, obviously, but just wanted to welcome you.... I'm sure the guys will be along shortly to give you the lowdown of their journeys so far... :) xx

Back