Total Solution Mandy's Journey.............

Well haven't been on here for a week as I've just got out of hospital.
I was rushed in by ambulance a week last monday with severe stomach pains. It turns out I had a badly infected gall bladder and am now awaiting surgery to have it removed. I was nil by mouth for 2 days and fluids only for most of the rest of my stay so I've lost half a stone. Not a great way to do it lol.

Apparently it happens with VLCD. I did CD in 2008 and had my gallbladder/stones out end of that year. Started 2 months into the diet.
Hope you're better soon xx

nursetubs said:
Apparently it happens with VLCD. I did CD in 2008 and had my gallbladder/stones out end of that year. Started 2 months into the diet.
Hope you're better soon xx

I heard it happens with any significant weigh loss my auntie got it with SW

Thanks all, I'm feeling a lot better. Can't wait for he op to be done and dusted. The consultant said that it was ok to stay on exante cos I've to stay away from fatty foods.

Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, I hope they sort you out soon hun :) What will you do after the surgery, food wise?

They say that I can still do total food replacement. I'm eating at the moment but being very careful. I have to build myself up again, I'm so tired. I've not to do too much either, thats quite hard when you've got 5 kids in the house lol.

Going back on exante in the next couple of days. I feel a lot better now and off the 28 tablets a day I was taking.

I braved the scales and in the last three weeks i've lost 11lbs so not bad really so i don't want that loss to slip away so back to exante.

Ewwwww 28 tablets day??? Good luck this week hun xx

Thanks nursetubs, started cutting back on cals ready to get back to TS. Had lots of fluids and black coffee to fill me up.
For my Xmas target I need to lose 13lbs and I'm hoping I can reach that before December so making my losses in december a bonus. Well thats my plan anyway but a loss is a loss and they bring down the scales lol.

Well, haven't managed to get back to TS yet. Not too worried as I am really positive about getting the remainder of my weight off and nothing is going to get in my way. Just need to make the final step to elimate 'normal' food from the daily diet. It helps rambling on here so if any one is reading it, 'thanks'.

keep your ramblings going hun. I haven't been here a few days but I'm catching up with the diaries.
Getting back on is harder than starting all over. Good luck with the first three days you'll soon be in ketosis and onwards and downwards xx

Thanks nursetubs. I will get there. It's taking that last leap I'm having trouble with. It's half term and i've planned a baking day with the kids on tuesday so that will be hard. It will be my first hurdle being back on TS.

Gosh! I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill, good on you for not using it as an excuse to give up! I think i'd have been tempted!

Lots of luck!

I can't eat any fatty foods according to the consultant so might as well get my butt moving and get a couple more stones off before my operation lol. The kick up the a*se I needed really.

Woo hoo, lost 7lbs this week, must have been doing something right lol. Back on exante now so think most of the weightloss will be glycogen and water but I'm still chuffed.

Hi Mandy
Just thought I'd catch up. How are you doing?
Pop in on xen to see us soon

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks TFK, your doing really well. Will pop in soon to see how your all getting on. I'm not on much at the moment due to illness but I am soldiering on with the weightloss.

Woo hoo, lost 7lbs this week, must have been doing something right lol. Back on exante now so think most of the weightloss will be glycogen and water but I'm still chuffed.

Fab Mandy, you are deff doing something right! :D
Do you have a date for your op?

Back