Total Solution Mandy's Journey.............

Oh Violet, woke up this morning in the most terrible pain. I had it when I ate last time when I did Lighterlife. I'd forgotton how bloody painful it was. It's all round my rib cage and lower back. Just waiting for the pain killers to work.
It's weigh day today, waiting for my friend to come. She has digital scales and unfortunately there very accurate lol. So I have to wait until 9-10 am. It's a killer, I hate waiting. Will post the news later however bad it may be lol.

Heck Mandy, hope those pain killers have kicked in and now and you're feeling much better!

I tell you what, I felt like crap after all that cheese yesterday, really sicky :(

You're braver than me for getting on the scales. I haven't got on mine in 2 weeks although I had my Dr's check last week (I think) I just can't bear to face them yet, it's probably not that bad, but I want to be sure before I get on them. :)

Feeling much better now. Stuck to the plan 100%. Not going to have a bar for the next few days and stick to soups and shakes. Got that meal out on thursday but i'm going to choose wisely.

The Weigh in!!!! :eek: Put 4lbs on!!! :cry: Haven't changed my ticker as it's my mission now to get the extra poundage off and hopefully a bit more ;).

Todays menu.
10.30am Vanilla shake
1pm Veg soup
6pm Mushroom soup (I think, but it may change) ;)

Mandy...its just a thought...but it might be worth considering...I spent from June to March on LL...when I went back on food I often got the most dreadful cramps...as my body struggled to digest normal food again...eventually it went back to normal...but I started waking at night with dreadful pain in my tummy that felt like a rat was chewing its way out...and I couldnt get comfortable...either lying or sitting...and after a few months intense spasms of vomiting that went on for hours...eventually I gave in and went to the doc who diagnosed an ulcer...and the acid neutraliser she gave me works...I know someone else who did LL for a length of time had the same problem...which leads me to wonder if long term use of shakes weakens your stomach lining...I am still doing vlcd...but the last day I ate I got the symptoms again...so I suspect something like that is happening...but I will keep it up but make sure I take the meds the doc gave me....so keep an eye on your symptoms and go to the doc earlier than I did...if you need to...x fireflii

Thanks 'fireflii' your probably right. I'm going to keep an eye on it for now but if it does persist I will go to the docs. It's so painful. My friend also gets it after long periods on a vlcd. The thing is they don't warn you of it. The first time I got the pain I thought I had gall stones. This can be a side effect of spending along time on a vlcd.
It's nice to know i'm not the only one.
I'm also thinking of having 4 packs a day instead of 3. I know this will slow my weightloss by 2 to 4lbs a month but I'm sure I'll be fine with it. It will be like doing CD 810. If the weight does slow right down I'll go back to 3 packs.
'fireflii' are you changing to Slim and Save cos i thought i might add the extra pack a day from their selection as they are less calories than exante (so making it less than 800cals). I've heard they're very nice except the lemon shake lol.

I am probably going to use both...in truth...I have 2 weeks of Exante left...but ordered a month of s and s..the lemon yoghurt bar was very lemony...lol...someone says the economy shakes are like drinking washing up liquid...I smiled when I was eating it...not unpleasant...but lemony...but the other bars are nice...about half the size of exante....but you dont feel like they are diet bars...I sometimes use atkins bars too the cappacino peanut bars are great and they dont affect your blood sugar so you stay in ketosis....I am waiting for the s and s shakes...I will report back....I changed because there were a greater variety of choices and solid meals ...spag bol and cottage pie...in reality these are probably meant for hobbits rather than adults ...lol...but they will be solid and as such a break from shakes...but I will probably undo all my hard work on holidays next week...I will be careful but in reality I will probably put up weight...grrr...but its my first break in 6 months and I am really in need of it...so ....I will have to grin and bear it and hit the shakes hard when I get back...life is a *****!!!! lol...I could be saintly and stay on them...but lets face it I leave my halo at home ...lol...I hope you continue to feel ok petal...I am taking antacids on hols because I could do without the pain of the cramps...but look after yourself hun whatever you decide to do....its probably not a bad idea to consider 3 shakes and a salad and protein...or fish and veg each evening...if full total isn't suiting you...x fireflii

I'm ok doing total, but it's the pain when I do have a meal and realistically I can't do total for the rest of my life, I have to conquer my food demons.
'It's a right difficult one' (said in me right broad yorkshire accent lol)
I am going to order some 'hobbit size meals from s+s lol. It could help control portion size and stop the pain after eating as my stomach will be used to actually having to digest something.
Will order them tonight and let you know what I think. Looking forward to hearing how your getting on too. Well done for sticking to it for 6 months. You've done great and enjoy your holiday.

thanks hon....time will tell how sucessful I will be...but I'm a tenacious little cow...lol...I won't let it beat me...and good yorkshire lass you are...I dont think you will either...but having support here is terrific...when I am sitting here in bed with my tummy rumbling...it doesn't seem so bad ....I feel I am not alone on the journey...sweet dreams Mandy...we will get used to hobbit sized rations...lol..x fireflii

How are you doing hun?....I hope things are going ok, you seem to be struggling with the packs?...keep going hun and stay positive :)

Hi Violet, Not really been 100% for a week now. Not too worried though, going out for a meal tomorrow night and that's been putting me off. So there's no excuses on Friday morning, I've got to get a grip. I've ordered some vlcd meals from 'slim and save'. Cottage pie and spag bol. You mix them with boiling water and they look like a meal. Ok like 'fireflii' says, hobbit size meals lol. They're 136 cals and designed for vlc diets. I'm going to have 3 exante and 1 of these meals to help get back into the swing of things. Total calorie in take of 750 max per day.

Hey Girls....I tried the hobbit sized meals and they are yummy.....lol....small to be sure...but they taste like real food...so yippee!!! actually...i think they would make it easier to stick to the vlcd...simply because it tastes and looks like normal food and speaking for myself...i felt like i was joining in on the family dinner...plus...S andS advise that you can eat 200g per day of green veg or salad...only green...but even thats a bonus if you like salads.......so its all good...and the banana crunch bars that were on offer for 60p are scrummy...x hope this helps girls...x fireflii

I've been on the hobbit size meals for a while now too! I've been adding a little bit of veg bouillion and curry powder to my cottage pie, which I know sounds disgusting, but is surprisingly nice if you like anything spicy. I would never have tried it unless I'd read the S&S forum, but it does make sense, as the cottage pie is pretty bland anyway so it takes other flavours really easily.
x

Ooh, and I've also been adding more water than advised (more like 200ml) and then simmering it down to a nice consistency.
My other tip is to find the smallerst bowl you own (mine is actually a large sugar bowl) and eat with a teaspoon! It seems like you're eating more, and it lasts a lot longer! (the things we do hey? ;))

Thanks girls for the info. I'm feeling really positive about my total restart tomorrow and looking forward to it which is most of the battle.
Alex....are you still having exante?
fireflii...are you definately swapping to S+S?
I think I'm going to use the rest of my exante and swap to S+S. It's the lure of 4 packs per day and the cost.

No, I'm sticking with exante for the majority of my packs for the time being. The Man and I bought a whole bumper pack of Exante soups, and one of shakes (he has the shakes and I have the soups, with a bit of cross-over for variety) and then we're supplementing them with S&S 'meals'.
We did think about swapping altogether to S&S, but given that we're doing this as a couple, it makes things a bit messy. I would need either 3 or 4 packs on S&S but The Man would need 4 or 5, which makes them harder to split evenly, and it isn't equal financially.
I also do prefer the taste of the exante soups to the S&S ones....there's nothing wrong with the S&S ones (expect the economy tomato, which is evil!) but the Exante ones seem to be a bit more creamy, and the portions are bigger, so I'm happy to stick with them for now.
I'm also having the Tesco raspberry and chocolate bars, which I love!

Have you tried the S&S products yet Mandy?

Hi Alex, No not yet tried the s+s meals. Going to have the spag bol tomorrow. Been looking in my cupboards for a 'hobbit' sized bowl lol.
I like the exante packs too. I did LL a few years ago and had 4 packs a day which i found really helpful cos i didn't have too much time inbetween packs to think about being hungry. So i'm going to mix and match exante and s+s for now and see how it goes. I won't be going over 750 cals a day.
I understand you and your man can't switch to s+s, it would be rather messy you having 4 a day and him having 5 a day. Whatever your doing it seems to be working for you both, keep at it hun.

Had my meal out and left the restaurant feeling satisfied but not full to bursting which is an achievement in itself for me lol. The big restart commences in the morning and i'm looking forward to it.
Don't quite know what to do with my tickers as i'm 4lbs heavier than they're saying at the moment. Probably best to lose the excess then just carry on from there.
Oh well guys suppose i'd better go to bed since it's 12.35am......ooops. Got to be up for 7am in the morning.
Night night all x

Just hhad the Spag bol fron s+s, it's really nice. I took the advice and added more water and ate it with a teaspoon. It's lovely and spicy. Makes a change from shakes and soups.
I'm so motivated, went shopping this morning, hubby had a bacon sandwich in our local shopping centre and I had a black coffee. It didn't bother me at all.
I probably will be able to stick to 3 packs a day as the spag bol was the first pack today (at 1pm) so going great guns. At least I've got the option of a 4th pack if I feel hungry.

thats the spirit Mandy...I knew you would like it...I got a great kick from Alex's suggestion to use a small bowl...she hit it on the nail...however I could be as big as a tank when I return from France...I really needed this break as its 6 months since I had time off from work and my job is stressful...but I am unrepentant...I will go back hard at it when I return...I am doing both exante and s and s as I have both...but I will probably switch over fully when exante runs out as they allow you 4 and that suits my eating habits...and to be fair...I tried the chocolate shake before I left and it was lovely...really thick and chocolaty...best of luck while I am gone...x fireflii...

Back