Mandy's Weightloss Diary....Here's to success!!

Really well done for sticking with the right choices despite your plans changing. Not having the shake won't matter but I'm proud that you stuck to the salad this evening - I'm sure the kids went for something far more fatty!

I think it's always worse in the summner holidays, the kids havings icecreams etc :( mine are having new york bagels toasted with philly for their dinner tonight :drool:

I feel bad sometimes that we don't sit together and eat like a family, but I couldn't eat that early, I hang around... my kids are hopeless eaters, they need real encouragement to eat and try things, it gets on my nerves at times!

Mine are like that too. It's annoying when you've cooked a meal and they turn their noses up. Such a waste!!!!
I was brought up to eat everything on my plate before i could leave the table......................i blame my parents for my weight problem!!!lol!!!

Mandy

I was brought up to eat everything on my plate before i could leave the table......................i blame my parents for my weight problem!!!lol!!!

I agree, when we eat with them we're still not allowed to leave anything on the plate and if there's a dish with some food left (unless it's enough for a whole portion another time) it must be finished.

Had my docs appointment this morning. I've lost just over 5kgs. He was very happy and complimentary.
As usual i had to see someone different. Thats the 3rd one i've had. Luckily he's seen the kids recently so it's not like seeing a stranger.
His scales weigh a couple of pounds heavier but i'm sure i can live wth it lol!!
It's ww tonight so will be interesting to see how much i've lost from last thursday.

Mandy

Well done, that's great news!

I know what you mean, the doc who let me have the xen has left the practice so my appt is with who ever is avaliable, my doc wi is on Monday. Hope they are happy with the small amount I've lost. Will be my 1st doc weigh in, end of 1st mth.

Well done on your loss that's great news.

Weighing on the same scales is so important, the day I was prescribed Xen I weighed in with the nurse and then sat in the surgery for 2 hours waiting to see the Dr, nothing to eat or drink and apparently I lost 6kg. How can the scales be allowed to be so different?

Mis-behave, I'm sure they will be fine with your loss, try not to worry, sometimes you get a pleasant suprise.

All the scales in our surgery are supposed to be calibrated at the same time. They don't take in to account that some may get used more than others. If like me, you've been weighed on three sets of scales, how can the loss be accurate. I weigh myself on a Monday, on the same set of scales and have done this from the start and that is the loss i post on here.

Weight-watchers went well tonight, i've lost 3.5lbs since last thursday (yet another set of scales) so i'm very happy with that.

Mandy

Thanks, was wondering what cal levels you all are eating to get such good results :)

I am now trying to stick to 1500 which is going better now that I am eating some ww meals/ foods

I'm round about 1,300 to 1,500. I don't keep a religious count but i do write everything down that passes my lips.
I do rely a lot on ww meals which are calorie counted and Tesco do the Light choice range which have the ww pro-points on. I eat lots of salad and free foods to fill me up. I drink plenty of sugar free squash, coffee and tea with sweeteners and skimmed milk.
Every so often i do treat myself to a bit of chocolate or an ice-cream with the kids. I always point it and write it down.
I think if you keep a record of what your eating then you can see where your going wrong if the weightloss is slowing or plateauing also if you have a good loss then you can refer to that week for tips and hints.

Mandy

Well i'm on hospital run duty any time now, my daughter Lisa's (21) due date was yesterday and i'm a birthing partner along with her boyfriend. The hospital where she is to have the baby is 17 miles away so that could be a hair raising journey. Many a baby has been born on the way before. I'm hoping she will go into labour overnight as we live on the east coast and it's so popular with day trippers and holiday makers so the roads during the day are packed. Can see a lot of road rage and swearing going on lol.
Wish me luck and i'll try to stay out of the hospital canteen!!!!

Mandy

Well i'm still here, no news from daughters camp overnight. Got all my clothes ready just to throw on last night. Maybe if i hadn't done it would have been all systems go, sods law lol!!!

Mandy

Hi hope all goes ok to the hospital :) when I was pregnant with my first son we had a 45min drive to hospital.. I was 2 weeks late and had to be induced we stressed for 2 weeks.. Lol

Well my beautiful Grandaughter was born at 5.28am this morning, weighing 8lbs 14oz. They have named her Evey-Grace, apparently it's the Polish spelling of Evie.

Mandy

Many congratulations on the birth of your grandaughter, what a pretty name. Well done on the loss too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations on your grand-daughter's safe arrival. Is she your first grandchild? and on the loss this week. A great start to the day.

Back