Marathon Training

5:09:30!

:D 44 minutes off my first time 30 days ago.
This time I could eat and sleep!

So much pain now, can barely walk. Hobbling around town for new year eve drinks was not fun :(

Ladies can I join ur thread please? I'm running the London marathon in April and I can't run a mile yet! 4 1/2 -5 stones overweight also. Lots of work to be done! Plan starts tomorrow :)

Good luck to you all, whatever ur distance :) x

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

So much pain now, can barely walk. Hobbling around town for new year eve drinks was not fun :(

Well done chick! That's a fab time. Shaving 44 mins off is phenomenal!!!

13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

Ladies can I join ur thread please? I'm running the London marathon in April and I can't run a mile yet! 4 1/2 -5 stones overweight also. Lots of work to be done! Plan starts tomorrow :)

13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk2 12st2.5. -3 BMI 32.2
Wk3 11st11.5 -5 BMI 31.2

I still cant run a mile without stopping in training, on race day its different. everyone around you encourages you to keep going!

Well done! I see you've got another marathon booked for March - going to crack 5 hrs?

not for that one, its a very hilly one. ill be lucky to do 5.5 hours in that!

Well done on your time :) That's brilliant!

Hi Forever! Don't worry about it, i can't yet run a mile without stopping. My first marathon is in October 2014 so i've got plenty of time but even if i have to run/walk it i don't care so long as i finish. Jeff Galloway (check out his website or even better his book) advocates regular walk breaks in all running distances to help keep people healthy whilst running and his system has even helped people run sub 3.30 marathons so its quite good. I have a copy of his book and its a really good read. Keep us updated on your progress :)

Been out for a run/walk today. Did 3miles in 45mins ish. My OH said it was 41 but i clocked 45.... Either way will be out for the parkrun on Saturday.

I did walk some of that, not much it was more of a slow crawl but a little walking in there.
the fastest guy won both days, first day 2hr 36mins, second day 2hr 55mins.

ill be doing both days next year, I wont do that fast but there no time limit on this one, its more about finishing on it!

I did walk some of that, not much it was more of a slow crawl but a little walking in there.
the fastest guy won both days, first day 2hr 36mins, second day 2hr 55mins.

ill be doing both days next year, I wont do that fast but there no time limit on this one, its more about finishing on it!

I'd love to do the Disney marathon and a half at some point in the future. Will need to hone my marathon skills first though as the marathon has a cut off point. I assume the half does as well. Perhaps i should consider the Liverbird marathon and a half in the future as a test run.

liverbird is great! the organiser kaja is lovely.
think the last one to finish took 7hr 48mins! so very big time limit. its a cheap one too, but do supply your own drinks and be prepared for the bad weather. I got lucky doing day 1, the guys doing day 2 got it bad.

also got drenched walking to the start, so all my dry clothes were now dripping. ended up very cold and shivering in a soaking jacket on the train home.

Gina... Are u running Cheater marathon. Ul love it if u are. U run from England into Wales, then back again! Good luck with training :)

I'm injured n feeling sorry for myself. Just getting back into it slowly whilst avoiding doing myself further damage. Need to clock miles but very slowly over time!

Oh no! I'd have hated that. I might have been tempted to stop somewhere on the way to the train and buy a new jacket!

I did have a spare jacket in my bag, but the bag got drenched in the rain and everything in it. even the pot of porridge that had gotten broke on the way there.
porridge all over my clothing.

Gina... Are u running Cheater marathon. Ul love it if u are. U run from England into Wales, then back again! Good luck with training :)

I'm injured n feeling sorry for myself. Just getting back into it slowly whilst avoiding doing myself further damage. Need to clock miles but very slowly over time!

yep im in for chester! awesome! ill be in 2 counties ^_^

Trying hard 2014 : if I can run a marathon, anyone can! my next one is Bolton hill, all ive heard about that is its brutal and the first 4 miles is one big hill. that will be my first ever trail run.
after that one ive got an ultra marathon, the Oldham way ultra. 40 miles that one! its blackpool marathon the week after the ultra so I don't know how ill get on or even if ill be recovered fully.

Back