March check-in

Whoo hoo to the weight loss. Any weight off is good. I'm planning on aiming for 1lb a week.

My mum brought me up her mechanical scales as my digital scales seemed to be all over the place. They weighed me as 5lbs heavier than my digital scales on Monday, so it looks like I've not lost any weight at all! But I know different scales weigh you differently, so I'm going to try and get over that and accept that it will probably weigh me more on Monday. I'm still determined to stick to it as I can feel that I've lost weight if that makes sense. It's not a lot, but I feel that my clothes are starting to fit a bit better again.

This morning on track so far (and I was last night as well - no alcohol!)

Today:
Breakfast - Coffee 0.5
Grapes - 0.5
Olives - 1.0

Mid morning - Coffee - 0.5 (just about to go and make it)

Lunch - Ham sandwich - 5.0
Salad and soy sauce - 0.0
ww yog - 1.0
Crisps - 2.0

Dinner - Roast chicken and gravy - 3.0 (might see how big the bit is that Mum gives me)
Baked Spud - 2.5
Phili - 2.5
Veg - 0.0

Pudding - WW Choc Mousse - 2.0

I am so lucky in that my mum will have dinner cooked for me when I get in as she cooks for my girlies, and she is finally on board with helping me. "Ah sure, a little bit of butter in your carrots won't do you any harm, etc. etc."

yummy food diary, I need to go shopping and buy lots of low point, point free food (salads) because I'd quite like to have some extra evening points to play around with x

Hey Pollyanna! Mrsprids is right that's a great food diary. And you are lucky to have meals prepared for you to but I can understand what you are saying about needing her to be on board.

I think you have lost weight by the sound of it. Now that you've taken the hit on the scales (which isn't a true gain) you'll be able to get consistent results

Food today:

Weetabix 2.5
Almond milk 2 (including teas too)
Raspberries 0.5
Bananas 1.5

Pink and whites x 2 1.5

Egg 1.5
Mayo 1
X 2 bread 2

Salad
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Picked onions
Guerkins
Chicken 1.5
Mayo 1.5

Can of tesco cloudy lemonade 0

Tonight I will have a curly wurly 2.5

:)

My husband is on ww with me and he is aloud 32 points a day although I did think it was 29 so told him that and he hasn't been eating all of them everyday. I'd say about 24 a day and he hasn't lost any weight, now I've told him he needs to up his points to lose weight but he thinks he will be eating too much to lose. He needs to eat most of his points to lose doesn't he? He hasn't lost anything this week and he is about 3 stone heavier than he was when he lost weight for our wedding when we last did ww so not sure what he is doing wrong x any tips?

I'd say to give it a go for a week. It's quite a lot that he's not eating. I never used to believe in the 'eat all your points' doctrine until I was encouraged by my leader to do it and it worked!!

Yeh im gonna make him eat more, also I want him to track what he is eating for a week or so just so he can get into it properly. I've found it much easier this week writing it all down x

I find that it takes a while to get into it, and then you know what you are doing again. I found it hard the first couple of weeks as I seem to easily eat all my points and still be hungry, but now I rediscovered all the 0 points, so bulk out a lot of my meals with them. I've never eaten so much veg!!

Ooh, curly wurly, have to put that down on my list. Can't get back into pickled onions though, bought a jar last week and they just don't taste as good as I remember!

I didn't completely stick to my plan yesterday. Caved and bought a bottle of wine. Had two glasses, so 4points. But I didn't eat my WW chocolate mousee and still managed to be within points.

Today's menu (they are a bit samey every day, but I'll keep going till I get bored).

B - 2 x coffee - 1.0
20 olives - 1.0
grapes - 0.5

L - Ham sandwich with salad and soy sauce - 5.0
ww yog - 1.0
crisps - 2.0

D - 75g pasta - 3.5
125ml cheese sauce - 2.5
2 x Quorn fillets - 1.5
peppers/mushrooms - 0.0

Then for snack, either the choc mousse (which actually went off yesterday) or if I'm naughty, some wine. Which is really bad as I was planning on not drinking during the week!

And it looks like my new mechanical scales are going in the right direction. I had another sneaky peak this morning and although it was dark (had my 4 year old in bed with me as she was sick and so the curtains were still drawn), I took a picture of the scales (I can't see down that far - even though I'm only 5'2"), and it looks like it's a couple of lbs down (not from what I was on Monday), but from my "new" scales that I'm going to have to use as my new scales from now on.

Great news about the scales, I've been a bit naughty today bought my son a large sausage roll to eat but he was being fussy so mummy had a few nibbles! Tasted so good so thought I'd just by have my 1.5 soup and I reckon should balance itself out not for the day, I'm such a picker! I've been having a sneaky peek on the scales and the lbs are coming off I'm so happy!! I was doing slimming worlds for three weeks prior to starting ww and lost about 3 lbs but after my binge weekend I put two on so Sunday was my starting day and I was 10.5 (I had been around 10.3) so I think I'm going to say starting weight is 10.3 as that's what I had been the previous week and today I got on the scales to see 10 stone! So happy and I feel so much better. I had been stuck at 10.7 and my weight kept creeping up prior to starting any of these diets and i had just put it on from Xmas but now I'm determined to feel happy for summer! Woo!

Kids' food is the worst. My kids are so picky, they just look at their food and don't eat it. I would be huge if I ate everything they left behind I hate waste! Good job I have a dog.

How old is your boy Mrsprids? Do you just have the one? I have two girls aged 6 and 4.

I have just the one at the moment, he is 2 we had to say good bye to or angel baby in October as they said he/she would be too poorly to survive the pregnancy so we are trying to conceive at the moment for baby number 2 x x

Grrrrr gone over by 1 point today and yesterday. Will try to claw it back tomorrow.

Think I did yesterday too, in trying very hard not to tonight but man I'm hungry and only have one point left and no 0 point snacks wahh' x

The Easter egg is way too tempting. I would have eaten it by now!!! I'm just really hungry today. I might have cucumber and salsa tonight if I'm desperate. It's my own fault. I've eaten too many snacks today and not enough fillings food

I'm finding it hard finding filling foods. I can't find my shop book anywhere must have lost it when I moved so just relying on the sheet you get in the starter pack to point things and I keep sticking to the same foods really. It's so tempting it's been in the cupboard a week! X

I'm sure there's a shop book for sale on eBay at the moment. Do you not have a calculator? If not I'm sure I put a web link up here somewhere.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that mrsprids. Good luck with trying for a second bubba.

My youngest (4) is on a great diet at the mo. Throw up or poop everything out! Hope she's back to normal soon.

Diet went okay, but like you two, I seem to eat the same things over and over. I've had pasta, quorn and cheese sauce about four times this week.

Did have something slightly diff for lunch, a pasta salad thing for 3 points. Nice, but not overly filling.

Treating myself to a bottle of wine, so didn't have any pudding.

I don't feel that I've lost any weight this week and having to start with new scales isn't helping. Just got to make sure it doesn't make me completely lose the plot when I weigh in on Monday.

Aw hope your little one gets better Hun.

I got a subway salad today actually really nice and filling, how much pasta do you have for your cheeses pasta and quorn meal, how many points is it?

X

Back