margyparkers vegan diary

Breakfast - allbran HEB + 2syns

Mid - apple and satsuma

lunch - tin of Heinz spaghetti

Mid - plum

Supper - I bought an actifry - it is chippling as we speak - will report back later! :D

Ok had actifry chips vegan chicken slices and garden peas. Alos a soya yogurt alpro cherry and a grapefruit and some strawberries.

The chips were absolutely AWESOME! I will never eat deep fried chips again. I used a tablespoon of oil for 2 portions - magnificent doesn't describe the gorgeousness of them. Better shut up now or folk will think I have shares in the company that makes actifry.

Syns - 2 for allbran, 3 for chip oil, 2.5 for vegan chicken. Total syns =7.5

Last edited:
grumble - grumble - STS this week - don't know what else I was expecting really blow out on halloween and no running grumble grumble.:( - Still could have been worse - could have put some on!!:) That's enough of that silly grumbling.

Differences I have noted in my bod, first around my bod where my bra does up that got smaller but not noticed anything else since. Then the belly fat I can pinch got smaller. I think a bit has gone from my legs but not sure about that and a little from the tops of my arms. The other thing I have noticed recently is that I am starting to get a crease forming in the middle of my abdomen under my boobs. I am hoping this is the beginning of my 6 pack! :D:8855::eek:

Gym exercises killing my thighs - grr.

Breakfast - 70g of All-bran = HEB and 4 syns and soya milk.

Mid - apple and satsuma

Lunch - tin of soup butternut squash and butterbean and a plum.

Mid - apple

Supper - chips with the actifry, mushy peas, pickled beetroot and vegan chicken slices. Grapefruit/ strawbs for later if required. Tablespoon of oil for chips = HEB

Syns - 4 - all-bran, and 2.5 chicken vegan slices. Total syns = 6.5

NEED SOME HELP HERE PEOPLE! I have now been on this diet for 10 weeks and lost only 8.5 pounds. I would be happier if it was a pound a week. I am now wondering whether to lower portion sizes or cut out all syns. Any opinions would be most welcome.

Last edited:

Not a good day - so far - working from home and lots of temptations especially tempting when what I am doing is deadly boring!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk - have decided to only have milk on weetabix and one hot drink - so cutting down to 1 HEA

Mid - apple plum and 4 caramel snackajacks:eek:

Lunch - half a can of baked beans and half a pack of vegan rashers.

Mid - apple and satsuma.

Supper - pasta with tomato sauce and 3 thirds of a punnet of strawberries and a soya yogurt.

Syns - 8 for snackajacks and 2.5 for vegan bacon and 2 for yogurt. Total = 12.5 = poor!
Legs feeling a bit better today but no exercise and that means even less than normal cos been sitting on a computer all freaking day!:grumble::tomato:

Last edited:
Ok so only one way to go with this and that is to eat less - and so it begins.

Breakfast - 42g allbran - HEB and soya milk - soya milk is reducing to one HEA so only milk on cereal and one cup of coffee today and all else will be water.

Mid - banana

Lunch - Tin of lentil and tomato soup

Mid - apple and satsuma

Supper - half a can of chickpea dahl and about a cup of cooked rice. Off out for the evening to see rhod gilbert so I think it will be safe to say that I will not be eating anything else till I get home and even then I will try to resist. No syns today yeah!

Aim - Few syns as possible today and for the rest of the week and all round cutting down of everything generally. Doesn't sound like much fun but if it gets the job done....

Last edited:
Hey Margy,

I bought a bad of the small caramel snack a jacks on Tuesday and as I was biting into the first one realised that milk powder is a listed ingredient on the back. Dunno if this is the same for the biggers ones but thought I would let you know!

eurgh really how crap is that? I checked and double checked the ingredients on the big ones but I suppose they may have changed the recipe...... pah! I wrote to them as well and they said they were ok grr. Thank you so much HLV I will check again this evening. :)

The big ones are ok but I will make sure I check before I buy any more. Strange how that happens the soft mints are the same - the big ones are vegan but the small ones are not.

Last edited:
Ah phew, that's good to know! I hate when they do that with products. I will look out for the big ones when I'm next shopping :)

Breakfast - allbran and soya milk

Mid - apple and satsuma

Lunch - apple

Mid - banana

Supper - portion of chip shop chips

syns = 17.5 for chips

small amount of jogging to get children from school but no real exercise.

weighed myself and I am below the 10s for the first time in years - hope it stays like that for tuesday weighday. Mind you I was only a quarter below so if it stays like that I still won't register as below cos it is rounded up to the nearest half. :cry:

Breakfast - 2 grapefruits and 2 yogurts

Mid - a gorgeous russet apple

Lunch - after muscle building in the gym
frylighted sliced potatoes - 2 finger length anyas potatoes - a tin of napolina whole tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and a slice of wholemeal toast

Mid - satsuma

Supper - salad of cucumber, raw carrots, cos lettuce, baby plum tomatoes and a cup full of cooked basmati rice fried in frylight and tamari.

Grapefruit and apple for afters if necessary.

Syns - 4 for yogurts and a syn for 2 starburst. total = 5 syns.

50 cals burned on warm up at the gym and 50 walking about the place according to my pedometer. Looking forward to my meeting with my trainer on monday night as I want to get working more towards running again.

Last edited:
Hello Margy,

I'm popping in because I guessed you were vegan on cupcakekatie thread:)
I wish I were vegan too, I know anyone can be healthy and vegan. When I said I wasn't healthy when I tried to be vegan it was because I'm a cheesehaolic (if that even exists) and I craved it so much that I started having some disordered eating patterns when I tried to avoid it (I would binge in other crap foods to try to forget the cheese cravings).
Did you have problems like that or is it just me?
I would like to be vegan one day, but I fear that the craving will be so strong that I'll engage in didordered behaviours again (when the cravings come I can't think clearly, because I don't make connections with the horrors of dairy industry... but, then, I feel sad...). I try to limit my dairy, but when cravings for cheese attack I eat some (shame, I know). Feel free to share suggestions, I'm a veggie for ethics so, ideally, I would be a vegan but for some reason I crave dairy cheese more than chocolate or other addictive food and, now, I just don't know if I'll ever be vegan. So I'm open to any usefull tip you may want to give me:)

If you don't mind I'll pop in your thread sometimes to see if I can inspire myself to try veganism again, your meals sound so healthy and yummy!

Btw, congrats for your weight loss

x

Aww Aline what a lovely post - thank you for popping in and good on you for helping the animals the way you do.

I didn't like cheese much to begin with so I can't really understand where you are coming from with that particular one but it sounds horrible for you.

I think anything that takes over your mind and keeps replaying in a negative way is vile - I know the feeling well! Sometimes I feel so exasperated with the continual thoughts that bombard my head but thankfully I am getting to grips with it as I get older.

I am very interested in your cheese problem in a nosey way - please forgive. Sometimes when folk find it difficult to give something up - something in their diet - they are actually allergic to the substance - kinda weird eh? Thanks for posting! :character00148:

Thank you for being understanding;)
Well I don't think I'm allergic to cheese, but I wish I were:p And yes, it's hard for me, but I always have some hope that one day I'll beat this weakness:) Because, obviously, I'm not helping animals when I contribut to dairy industry =/
You know, when I'm aware and mindfull I avoid cheese very well because I remember the animals and how awful the dairy industry is; the problems happen when the cravings became huge... Oh well, I'll work on it, step by step.

How long are you vegan?

Don't beat yourself! 5 years is great and inspiring. Probably that was the right time for you; everyone have their own timings... Hope my timings arrives any day as well... Sometimes I go several weeks in a row without dairy but then something happens I step back. I now see this as a journey and try to go day by day.

And again, 5 years is amazing so you must feel good, I wish I had 5 vegan years on my curriculum;)

Would it be possible to buy cheese that comes from a more animal welfare aware background? Maybe that could be a compromise for you Aline, between being totally vegan and being able to eat the cheese you love.

Actually I just googled that, and came up with Denhay, who pruduce cheese from their own herd which seems to be high on animal welfare. Waitrose stock their cheese
http://www.denhay.co.uk/supermarkets.html

Back