Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

So far so good this weekend - I managed to stay on track and avoid the treats last night. Very pleased about that. Todays munch is looking like this:

B - Porridge made with water, chopped banana (satisfied me at the time but didn't seem long before I was feeling hungry again!)
L - Brown rice with roasted veg (absolutely delicious. Last night's leftovers) plus a WW bakewell slice (Treat 1) and a cup of tea.
D - Roast dinner - Roast chicken breast, roast potato (my 2 tsp oil will be used here), carrots, broccoli, peas, gravy made with chicken stock
Dessert - sugar free jelly, fruit cocktail and a dollop of set, sweetened thick greek yogurt.
Snacks - clementines, banana, skinny latte.

I'm just off to look up whether peas are free on SS/F&H and then I'll roast up the chicken and cook up a batch of F&H soup.

They are 0pp :)

Peas and sweetcorn r free on f&h but is gravy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Peas and sweetcorn r free on f&h but is gravy?

Only if make without flour. I usually use chicken stock and vegetable stock and reduce it down to a decent thickness. Takes a while though!
Easier still, if i have any "Treats" left, I will also add 1 tbspn of cornflour.

So u dont use gravy granules?

So u dont use gravy granules?

No gravy granules. Just reduced stock and today I did have to use 1 tbspn of cornflour but that was between two of us, with some gravy left over so it was probably about 1/3 of a tbspn,

Subscribing if you don't mind. You are doing amazing sticking to plan after your sad loss!! My heart goes out to you xx

Ah, thank you.x
I'm not quite in the swing of things yet - got WI on Wednesday, will have to take the results on the chin and get back on it.

Was really rubbish today because I was working late. Started well:

B - Banana & apple
L - Jacket potato with beans and salad
D - Kit kat, custard doughnut (oops x 2)
Supper (because clearly the kit kat and custard weren't enough, greedy cow!!) Brown roll with chicken, low fat mayo and WW cheese puffs.

Haven't even bothered counting but will get a grip from tomorrow onwards.

Is it wi today? Food yesterday looks fine :-D

WI was on Wednesday and I gained half a pound. The scales wavered between a STS (I would have been very happy) and a half pound gain (not too bothered) and eventually settled on the gain.

I had a function on Thursday (three course meal) although I only ate the salad on my starter, I avoided the butter, the main was pork (I avoided the fat), roasties (I left those), boiled potatoes (ate 1) and veg wrapped in bacon (left it). Dessert was a small portion of apple crumble and custard (ate it all!!) and I had two glasses of wine and 2 vodka's and diet coke. I didn't think that was too bad but the chocolate and biscuits through the week combined with no exercise at all have taken their toll.

I am trying to be on track today and tomorrow but then I am away from home for all of the following week and that will be difficult. I will try to avoid snacking and to choose sensibly. I think there is a Harvester close to where I am staying and I will try to eat there when I can.

When I get back I am hoping the weather will have improved so I can get out for walks or runs or indeed as my latest deadline at work is now over I can get to the gym at lunchtimes. I want to keep my fitness up so I need to do something. The diet will then follow.

Had a good food day today. Had a lie in for a change, got up at 10.30 so feel quite relaxes. I am doing Simple Start until I get back from my trip away, hence no points are listed.

B - FF thick Greek yogurt, strawberries, small banana and blueberries
L - 2 x WW petit pain (still warm) with ham and tomato (very nice)
D - smoked haddock parcels. Baked in parchment with sliced new potatoes, plum tomatoes asparagues, peas, basil, parsley and lemon juice. Divine!

I even have two treats still to use! Yay!!

0.5lb gain isn't too bad. A good week will have that and a friend gone ;).

Hope so!

Another good day today, despite running round like a mad woman trying to get organised for my trip away. Have managed to tag on a trip to Edinburgh, got a restaurant booked and got tickets for the Scotland v England 6 Nations rugby match, both of which I am looking forward to.

B - WW petits pain, freshly baked, with 3 bacon medallions, lettuce and tomato (a mayo-free BLT - delish) 8pp
L - 2 crumpets with low fat spread and a banana 6pp
D - WW chicken tikka masala, WW layered fromage frais 10pp
Snacks - fruit, tea and coffee 2pp for skimmed milk.

26/26

I mainly had F&h foods yesterday and having just checked the points values I had 23/26 points yesterday. Feeling much more in control again.

Back