Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Well after a dreadful couple of weeks and then being entered for an exam on Tuesday that I didn't know about until Friday I went back to WW today. The results of the trips away, over indulgence, emotional eating and drinking took their expected toll and I gained 3.5lb over the last few weeks which takes me to a total 7lb gain since before Christmas. I have really struggled to get back into the regime since the New Year and I have just been yo-yo ing. I know it is only day one but I feel pretty happy about being back on plan and back in control. I even restarted my couch to 5k plan this week - slowly - but need to keep an eye on the sore hip which put me out of action for a month.

Today's food was good:

B - Banana, pear (0pp)
L - Homemade spiced butternut squash, red pepper and carrot soup (0pp), 4 slices WW bread (5pp), ham (1pp), light cheese triangles (1pp), WW coconut greek style yogurt (2pp)
D - WW Cottage pie (9pp), peas (2pp), carrots (0). Dessert was a large helping of FF greek yogurt (3pp), with half a teaspoon of artificial sweetener, a crumbled meringue (1pp) and blueberries (0pp)
Snacks - Apple, pear, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

Which takes me to 26/26 dailies and 0 weeklies used (I aim to save them for a weekend "cheat meal" with the husband)

Agree with Shez - you really cram a lot of food into few points.

Thanks Shez and Googlegoss. I have to - I hate feeling hungry when I'm already cutting down.

Today is looking good so far:

B - Milky coffee (1), banana and apple
L - Spicy butternut squash with ham sandwiches (same as yesterday) (7pp). Greek style coconut yogurt (2pp)
D - Homemade chicken jalfrezi - WW recipe - (4pp) with a portion of brown rice (5pp) and half a pitta bread, rubbed with garlic and pretending to be a garlic naan (2pp). Dessert will be 100g of FF greek yogurt (1pp), artificial sweetener, blueberries, maybe some fruit cocktail and a crumbled meringue (1pp)
Snacks - Skimmed milk for tea and coffee all day (2pp), apple.

So far that makes 25/26 weeklies. If I am hungry later I will just have an extra points worth of rice or yogurt or perhaps even a WW hot chocolate drink.

Food looks great! Well done getting back into it.

Thanks S.

I definitely recommend the WW recipe for Chicken Jalfrezi. I had it tonight with brown rice and a chapati (3pp each - amazing!!) and a side of tomato, onion and coriander salad. It was sooooo good.

Husband has made a cottage pie for tomorrow. That is usually quite high in points (about 12 I think) so I will need to plan tomorrow's food very carefully. Perhaps I will use my AP's tomorrow if I over run. I am going to try and stay within my dailies though if I can.

I am absolutely starving today. Hopefully it's the fat cells screaming for sustenance - a good sign I hope!

Today's plan:

B - Banana and pear
L - Spicy butternut squash soup, ham sandwiches (7pp) with a bit of salad on. Greek style coconut yogurt (2pp)
D - Home made shepherds pie (14) and carrots
Snacks - Skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2), apple and blueberries. Will also have a WW hot chocolate (1pp)

26/26 dailies and no weeklies.

Yesterday was always meant to be a "cheat" day, for which I intended to use my weeklies. The husband and I had a "curry fest" and it truly was our feast. It was our equivalent of a night out. We watched the rugby then settled down to:

B - 2 crumpets (5pp) with banana and cinnamon mashed on top (lovely), with a small half milky coffee (1pp)
L - Warburton thin (3pp) with ham (1pp), low fat mayo (1pp) and salad. Cappuccino and caramelised buscuit (3pp)
D - THE BIG ONE:
4 Poppadoms (4pp) with tomato and onion salad and minted yogurt (2pp)
3 Indian snacks (samosa etc) (5pp)
Chicken jalfrezi (4pp), rice (5pp), a bottle of alcohol free lager (1pp)
Dessert - Profiterole with caramel and sea salt (9pp)

I obviously used up all 26 dailies plus 22 of my weeklies. This leaves me 25 weeklies for between now and Tuesday night, which should be plenty. In fact I will be trying hard not to use them.

I know it sounds like a lot of food but I am a great believer in "mindful" eating, i.e. if you are having a splurge then plan it, have it, enjoy it, account for it and don't feel guilty about it.

I also did a 45 minute run/walk combination, of which I ran for 30 minutes so technically I have 2 activity points to know off that but I won't bother. That's my "fine" to myself because I had planned to limit my use of weeklies to 20 points but I went over by 2. The dessert was a lot more than I had thought it would be.

So today was another "in control" day. The wind has been howling all day and I haven't set foot outside the house but it was just what I needed.

Today's food was:
Brunch - Leftover Chicken Jalfrezi and rice (9pp) and half a chapati (2pp)
Dessert (Was split into 2 portions and had half each mid afternoon and after dinner) - FF greek yogurt (3pp) mixed with artificial sweetener, fruit cocktail, fresh blueberries and a meringue (1pp).
Dinner - Warburtons thins x 2 (6pp), ham (1pp), low fat mayo (1pp), salad and pickled beetroot.
All day - Skimmed milk for tea (2pp), an apple.

So far, that's 25/26 weeklies and I have felt pretty satisfied all day. I will probably have a WW hot chocolate when I read my book in bed.

Had a bit of a disaster today - 2 back to back seminars that I had forgotten about. The day started well with a run but I was STARVING afterwards and had breakfast at work. When I got to the seminars, lunch was laid on and the sandwiches looked a lot more appetizing than the flimsy efforts that were in my bag so I had:

B - Micro oats (4pp) and banana
L - 5 triangle sandwiches. Estimated to be (16pp)
Afternoon lunch (was still starving, don't know what's up with me) the afore mentioned flimsy, sad, warm sarnies (7pp)
Tea break - 2 digestives (3pp), one bourbon (2pp) and a teensy iced biscuit (1pp guesstimate)
Skimmed milk (ha ha ha!!) in tea - (1pp)

So this meant I ate all my dailies and 8 of my weeklies (leaves me 17 until tomorrow night but I don't want to have them). I wouldn't mind but my stomach really does not feel like it has had 34 pp!!

It has been a good day today so far. Managed to eat nothing else last night so hopefully it won't register badly on the scales tomorrow.

B - Banana, apple, coffee
L - Latte (3pp), Tandoori chicken wrap (Tesco') (7pp)
D - Shepherds pie (13pp), salad
Snacks - Banana & apple, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (2pp)

25/26 weeklies. I will use the spare PP up by either having a hot chocolate or some yogurt and fruit when I get home.

The husband and I have decided we are going to "theme" our weekly treat/cheat Saturday nights.

Last week was Indian, next week will be Italian. I have a juicy, tasty, cheesy tomato-ey lasagne planned with salad and garlic bread and tiramisu for afters. Might even have a bottle of red to go with it. I am planning to be good until tea time when I will use almost all my dailies for the day plus 20 of my weeklies. That should cover it.

It is definitely giving me something to plan for and look forward to each week.

Lost 2lb this week - made up - but then I left it a bit late before I had lunch and I felt I just couldn't satisfy my hunger. I went on to eat my remaining pp's in WW chocolate slices and WW snacks. I suppose on the plus side, at least it was a reduced fat fest!

I thought I would do a F&H day today, just because I still seem to have hunger-hangover. Not from drink but and just feeling unsatisfied. Today's food has therefore been:

B - Banana (was up to late for my porridge)
L - Jacket potato, baked beans and salad. Skinny latte
Afternoon snacks - WW salt & vinegar hoops, WW lemon and currant cookies (4pp)
D - Salmon, broccoli, carrot, new potatoes. Dessert - may be yogurt and fruit cocktail if I need it.
All day - skimmed milk for tea and coffee, diet pepsi.

I think this is what I will do in future. When feeling hungry, give F&H days a go.

So yesterday was our "cheat meal". It was Italian and it was lovely! Starter was WW crustless quiche, main was lasagne with garlic bread, dessert was tiramisu.

I have to be very good for the rest of the week now though because on Friday I went to lunch with a friend and had a couple of glasses of wine with it and between the two meals I have used up all my weeklies, unusually for me. I am just gearing up to go for a jog to try to atone for yesterday's indulgence!

The husband just reminded me about 4 pieces of fudge I had over the weekend. Doh, I had forgotten about them. I think I am now into minus weeklies.....just hope I don't register a gain on Wednesday.

Im sure a couple pieces of fudge wont do much harm :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Im sure a couple pieces of fudge wont do much harm :-

Usually I would agree - it's the fact that I have already used up my 49 weeklies that bothers me, lol !!

Back