Marilyn Monroe vital statistics

I am utterly confused by this whole sizing thing.
Today, I went out, happy in the firm knowledge that I was an 18/20 on bottom, and an 18 on top. M&S n Monsoon sizes!
But...then I start shopping, and all the 18s n 20s are too big, and only 16s are right, top and bottom.
But, I'm short (5'1"), and I have this horrendus tummy, and I am a 38D bra! The lady measured me and declared I was a 40DD, so I whipped off my top and showed her my 3 month old 40D that was falling off me it was so lose, so we then found out by trial and error that I was a 38D. So...how can I be a size 16 (admitedly Monsoon size 16)??? Especially since peeps on here, have much smaller BMIs and are also a size 16!
Anyway, I will be posting photos in the next few days of me in my new outfits.

Love ya peeps,

Guen
Maybe you were, but if your on the diet, you HAVE lost weight, thats why the 18's are now too big!!!:D
T x

dotty p's have a more generous fit than m&s, at the moment i am between sizes in m&s but dotty p's and BHS fit well. there is a lkight diff in the sizes store to store. i thnk i saw a chart somewhere on here of the different sizes, i'll have a hunt and if i find it i'll add it on a new thread.

xxx

at least we are all shrinking!

My eldest daughter is 5' 11", weighs around 9 stone and fits between a size 10/12. I have odd items of clothes (skinny FUK jeans, first ever levis, first ball gown and wedding dress) from my pre-marriage/pre-children days and i was always classed as a generous 14 though really a 16. AND THEY DON'T GO NEAR HER
She can't get the jeans past her thighs (the size of my arms), the dresses although way too short won't fasten up !!!! So in this house we definately say sizes are much larger than they used to be. My waist was 25 - 27" depending on TTOM.
The sad thing is I used to think I was fat !!!

Back