Matilda

If you are anything like me you will sob like a fool when you see her.

It seems like the good vibes are working........

She WILL be O.K. she WILL be O.K.

Give her a very, very gentle love from me and my lot,

hugs xxxxx

Last edited:
Didn't want to read and run, have everything crossed for your little kitty hun...

How is she ????

Aaaaah she got up and had a little walk! The vet said she hadn't seen her move that much yet. I couldn't convince her to eat but she happily accepted a stroke and thanked me with a loud purr.
They are going to give her a couple more days then start her on some drugs to encourage the bladder to get going.
The x rays are looking fab and she's still doing a bit of bum flickering (go butt hole, go!!)
She LOVES the vet, Christina and looked for her when she left the room. I was pleased she's bonded with someone as apparently she hates the nurses.
She should be home in a few more days on 6 weeks of cage rest and lots of care. Only wish I didn't have to go back to school (am a teacher) so I could be with her all day.

xxxx

oh no Matilda come on you can do this.

poor little mite,if stupid idiot(and thats been polite) started on me when he had hit my pets i would have had to do time for him!!!!!!!

hoping and praying little girl gets better through this,you must be at your wits end.im feeling positive vibes, got everything crossed she gets better.

fillymum you are a little animal angel i swear, your stories about your love and care for your pets is so moving. you are a true angel looking after them and trying for them.

shall be checking in on matlidas progress all the time

Thank you for keeping us in touch with Matilda.

It all sounds great and good news. She will eat when she is ready, she will be feeling yucky still. She is in the right place as they will make sure she gets the nutriants she needs.

6 weeks cage rest seems like an eternity stretching in front of you but in reality are a small price to pay to still have your beloved babe home and recovering.

I am so pleased for you that she is progressing so well. It will be a long job but so worth it.

hugs to you both xxxxxxxxxx

p.s. I have never prayed for someone to pee before lol xxxxx

She ate last night :) and they are reducing the pain relief tomorrow. We are allowed to pick her up on Friday :D

She ate last night :) and they are reducing the pain relief tomorrow. We are allowed to pick her up on Friday :D

That has given me a really good feeling and such a good start to the day.

What a little trooper she is and how lucky she is to have such a loving and caring mum !

Go Matilda go, there are so many mice waiting out there for you to torment them !!

starxsimba-litter-hugs-030305.jpg
atilda

For Matilda,

from my lot, a kitty hug,

And I thought you were an animal lover Fillymum!
Super news about Matilda. keep us updated on her progress

My love does have boundries lol !!!!!

Just come across this thread and want to wish Matilda all the best of kitty luck. You are so brave and being an excellent kitty mum! I would be in pieces if some racer boy hit my cat...and so would he ;)
All my best wishes to you x

How is Matilda ? Do you have her home yet ?

hugs xxxxxxxx

Hi thanks for your lovely messages, my laptop had a virus so was busy being fixed at my Dad's.

I am sad today :sigh: because we are not allowed to pick her up after all. She has started to become uncomfortable when having her bladder expressed and only had her first poo yesterday after an enema. Understandably, the vet wants to keep her until she has had a poo and to try her on some meds to encourage her bladder to work.

She had started to eat (cous cous and pilchards!) and obviously knows if she wants the toilet as she keeps falling asleep in her litter tray. There is still some twitching around her bottom but no vast improvement. I know these things take time but the vet keeps saying the prognosis is guarded.

I am so down about it today and I just want her to be okay. I even found myself looking at cat nappies on the internet how bad is that? That is just an example of me being selfish and I need to make sure she will have the best possible quality of life. We have come so far I don't think I would be able to give up on her. xx

I dont think you are being selfish, you are just exploring all possibilities, and that is perfectly understandable. As things stand now, she is still recovering from a great trauma, and so it is natural for the vet to not want to speculate too much on the potential for a positive outcome when he simply cant be sure either way himself at this stage.

It is frustrating but she is in the best possible place for her to recover, and is clearly being very well cared for. **hugs to you**

It really is a roller coaster ride. I think we are always so grateful for any sign of improvement that we walk on air. When things are not happening fast enough we plunge down again.

I would be exactly like you, I would not give up on her and would be looking for every option possible. The only thing that would really stop me is if she was in any pain that could not be controlled.

You are doing exactly the right thing for both of you.

hugs xxxxxx

How is she doing ??

I am hoping and praying she is mending and will soon be home with you.

Please let us know.

hugs xxxxxxx

am bringing this up to the top..........................

Back