Matilda

We used to run a pub & I once caught one of my cats sitting on a table in the garden trying to bat a tuna melt toastie out of a customer's hand while she wasn't looking!

Sounds like Matilda is just loving being home and showing off her skills so you'll let her out of her cage!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Don't read this Matilda.

Hmmm well the lactulose worked...I imagine my night was like having a new born in the house; up every hour clearing up poo. Well we did want her to so I can't moan!!!! x

My old mum always used to say " be careful what you ask for, because you might get it !"

But aren't you glad you did !!!

All has been going very well, 2 poos and 2 wees a day to be precise! Little worried tonight as there is a strange swelling between the top of her left hind leg and her tail. Feels as if it has water in it. It's not the side where her pelvis was pinned but still a little worrying. Will call vet in the morning. xx

could be a hematoma. A build up of blood and is easy to get rid of. Your vet should just drain it with a needle and a syringe. Alternatively there is medication to disperse it.

I always work on the premise , with my animals, if in doubt, call the vet.

Don't forget to let us know. She has a lot of friends on here. xxxx

Vet said it sounds like a seroma and to keep an eye on it. It's not bothering her but really don't want any post surgery complications as she's come so far bless her

If the vets not worried don't you worry.

A big cuddle for Matilda

Just a little Matilda update... She is doing well and seroma has gone now. She is still on cage rest and comes out a few times a day for a little walk. She is booked in for her tail amputation a week on Monday when they will also do radiographs of her pelvis to make sure all is well. She is as good as gold and only cries when she's been in the litter tray.
A real little star.....I haven't broken the news to her that she won't be allowed out again~!xxx

Good for Matilda. I agree she is a star.

So happy t see an update.

Thank you xxxx

It won't help kitty, but next time his car is parked a bit of kitty poo under the door handles will make you feel so much better ;)

Hope she makes a speedy recovery :)

A little update......

Matilda has one week of cage rest to go. She is allowed out a few times a day for increasing amounts of time and is currently snuggled up next to me on the sofa as I type...

She had her tail amputated and it has healed well; a little wonky but who cares?

She walks better every day and it's a job to stop her jumping and chasing the other cat.

We are so happy to have her back and while we live here she will not be allowed out. Another cat got hit by a car on our road this weekend and sadly wasn't so lucky :tear_drop:

Thanks for the update on Matilda.

She has recovered so well thanks to your speedy action in getting her to the vet, your vets excellent care and your loving aftercare.

Back