Matilda

Oh poor you. I can't even begin to understand what you are going through.

Hope everything is going well today x

any news !!

Matilda is having short sessions out side of her cage to practise walking. She is now able to get in and out of her litter tray comfortably (although, still no poo or wee!) She is starting to put more weight on her right hind and therefore the pelvis op is looking like a huge success.

Different duty vet today said that he is expressing her bladder twice a day and has given her something to soften her stools so fingers crossed we will bve able to tell if she knows when she is pooing soon.

He said that in other similar cases it takes around 13-14days to see if nerve function will return. So i suppose we are half way to knowing.

No news on when we can have her home. It does feel rather rollercoaster-ish at the moment xx

Aw my goodness this thread has really upset me, I'm so sorry that Matilda and you have had to go through all this pain and upset because of some moron in his souped up car (he'll end up killing someone innocent if they don't do anything about it!) It makes me so angry that because of someone elses ignorant actions you are all suffering like this.

I do hope that Matilda continues to make a good recovery and she has her poo soon so that you can bring her home. Its honesly brought a lump to my throat imagining her going through all this, I'm really soppy when it comes to animals.

I had two cats when I was little who were both run over and killed within weeks of each other, and I think that you have done absolutely right to give Matilda the best chance in surviving, she seems to be making a good recovery and I'm glad she has been given the chance to. You never know, she might not even need nappies, she is only young so there is a chance she will fully recover and be able to toilet herself, it might be a slow process but its good that she has such caring owners who want the best for her.

I'm sending lots of love and get wishes for little Matilda, please keep us updated on her. I now have to go and cuddle my own cat (who is a lazy lump and has been in bed all day!) and make sure he is alright.

xxxx

Thank you Miss Mango xx

Phew !!!! How glad am I to read that. I opened this thread with such trepidation. I have tears of relief in my eyes.

That she is doing so well so quickly is just truly remarkable.

She will be o.k. I feel sure she will.

Husband has just come in from riding out and his first question was " any news on Matilda "

We really feel for you.

When Cat was hit by a car it took her about 3 months in total to fully recover. It felt like a very long 3 months.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

hugs xxxxx

Oh Sue, thank you what lovely, thoughtful people you are :):) I have been having lots of fun hacking out on the stubble fields today; first relaxed ride since all this happened.

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed xx

Oh Sue, thank you what lovely, thoughtful people you are :):) I have been having lots of fun hacking out on the stubble fields today; first relaxed ride since all this happened.

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed xx
Have you got your own horse? I love riding too, unfortunately not got my own but have ridden since age 8.

Is the new avatar of Matilda ? Is she a British Blue horthair.

Who ever it is they are very beautiful.

Yes that is Matilda, she is beautiful isn't she? She is actually a moggy but she's definitely got british blue in her. Her face isn't as round as the pedigree but she has the golden eyes and (had) the lovely tail. Her Mum was grey like her but her brothers were all tabbies. xx

Thank you MommyB and thanks to everyone else who has been so kind. I am so grateful for your support and I feel much more positive today. Now she just needs to poo and wee on her own and it will be ok. Go Matilda!!! X

splash_logo.gif

You can be a .............

WonderCatLogo.jpg

She's done a poo in her litter tray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I don't think I've ever felt so pleased because someone has had a poo!! Glad of the good news :D

Yaaay! poo's rock!

Oh my cat is the same as yours. She looks pedigree but was a rescue cat so I don't think so. Her tail is really short which makes her look odd.

All the best to you and Matilda

Back