May try a red day, couple of questions!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jodidi, 23 April 2009 Social URL.

1. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Would the chicken you buy freshly cooked from Tesco be free? Also has anyone gone from all green to throwing some red ones in or a full red week and how have your weight losses been?

Cheers :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi hun,

The chicken would be free - but you have to remove any skin - boo!! I seem to lose more weight on red days - don't do so well with Carbs if im honest. Give it a go and see how it works for you thats the best thing.

K xx

4. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    I want to but I'm so used to green that I'm scared of trying red and it slowing or stopping my weight loss.

5. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I know what you mean - when you are on a roll losing you don't want anything to stop that. Thing is the plans work differently for different people - why don't you try if you want to and see what happens - if the weight lost has slowed then switch back to green. Sometimes changing gives people a boost - but i know its personal.. Have a little think and see what other people say to hun.

K xx

6. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    But what if your body likes red days and sheds even more weight?! I think the key to go weight loss is to mix it up a little, that way your body doesn't get used to the same foods day in day out.

I mix my weeks up... some days will be green, some red and others original. I've tried Mix to Max but I confuse myself with that one!

7. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    If green is your comfort zone, try adding just one red day this week and two the next and so on and see how it affects your weightloss.

I do Mix2Max most of the time but tried 2 EE days and will see how it goes slowly rather than have a complete change.

8. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've done weeks of all green, but couldn't do a week of all red days. I usually have 2 red or extra easy days a week, and the rest green as I find green days much more filling and versatile. A few red days shouldn't hurt your weight losses, and its good to keep variety in your diet. If buying ready cooked chicken, look for the low fat stuff (less than 3% fat per 100g).

9. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Well,I was thinking I could do one today but then I remembered I am going to cook SW chips, fried eggs, beans & Linda MCartney Sausages tonight, lol, oh how I love that meal, so does hubby!

10. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, I couldn't lose a thing on green, but since switching to mainly red days, the lbs are coming off nicely! Give it a go!

Julia

11. MiniMouse

MiniMouse Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but would the boneless and skinless chicken you can get from asda be free on red days to as im about to go do some shopping for my red days and was just wondering?

12. madkat

madkat Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(22.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes the chicken will be free on red, just remember to remove all the skin. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.