Me and hubby....on this journey together.

Blueboxgeek

Me and the hubby have both always struggled with our weight....losing some....gaining some....

We've both decided to join slimming world tonight. I have the full week menu planned out for us and the online shop arrives tomorrow! I love online forums for help and support and friendship. My hubby probably won't really come here but I'll keep everyone updated on how we both do.

I'm really glad we are doing this together, I think it will be a big help.

We are paying a babysitter so we can stay to group. I know it will be a pricey way to attend....what with the weekly fees too.....but I think it will be worth it.

Thanks for reading and I will update soon! :)

So, joined up last night! I don't think my hubby Dave knew what to expect. There was a couple of other guys weighing in but he was the only man who stayed to class. I don't think he minds though. We've both really had enough of being overweigh and unfit so he's happy to do whatever it takes.

Will post tomorrow with the menu from today! It was a bit last minute as the shopping arrives tonight. Tomorrow should be easier lol.

Good for you!

Congratulations on taking the plunge. OH kind of does it with me. He eats the meals (and my hifi bars :mad:) and has become just as big a fan of quark as me but he doesn't track his syns or weigh any HEA/HEBs. He's doing well just by having SW meals though. Good on your hubby for joining with you, there's a few men at my group and although OH would come to support me, I don't think group is really his thing.

Looking forward to seeing your food diary!

Kx

Thanks for the comment Kikaroo! Yeah I suppose group really isn't my hubby's thing.....but I think once he starts losing weight he'll enjoy getting his awards. As a bloke he's probably quite likely to have some good weight losses and win slimmer of the week a few times too! He's quite competitive so I think this will appeal to him lol.

Still managed to stay on plan! Menu's for last couple of days below. I ended up a little over my syn allowance yesterday as I didn't realise that the cherry chocolate muller light yoghurts were 1.5 syns!

Wednesday

Porridge with cinnamon, chopped apple and sugar free sweetener (Hex A & B, 1 syn for syrup)
Banana
Baked sweet potato with chopped tomatoes and beans
Muller light banana yoghurt
Chicken breast with sweet potato mash, carrots, peas and broccoli (2 syns for gravy)
100 Asda frozen greek yoghurt (4 syns), curly wurley (6 syns)

Thursday

Scrambled egg with tomatoes, strawberries after (1 syn for splash of milk in a cuppa)
Apple
Slimming world quiche (onion, tomato, pepper) Feta (3.5 syns), mixed salad
Muller light chocolate cherry (1.5 syns)
Turkey mince Bolognese (pasatta, chopped tomatoes, grated courgette, grated carrot, garlic). Wholemeal pasta and baby salad leaves and rocket
Ryvita fruit crunch, low fat cheese spread (Hex A & B)
100 Asda frozen greek yoghurt (4 syns), curly wurley (6 syns)

Trying to be really good today as tomorrow night we are going out to a club in Manchester. I haven't been to a club in about 10 years but we're going with loads of friends to Satans Hollow, which is a rock club. We're going to Toby Carvery for tea so will have to figure out the syns in that. I drink Vodka which I believe is 4 syns each. I'm hoping that even if I go over on the day I will still be within syns for the week. My mum is having the kids from tomorrow morning so we are going to have a nice walk around a reservoir which will be around 5 miles so hopefully the night out won't do much damage.

Back