Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

I really don't think anyone was trying to upset you Tara, believe it or not we all care about you. I worry that your woe may confuse your body that's all I will say. The fact you had such a minuscule gain while away says you were doing something right & that was when there were no temptations in the way...

Remember I was lucky enough to meet Dr Briffa & had a workshop with him & just 19 other people & it was so enlightening but he said supplements were necessary when eating a primal diet. I know what he said was real sense & I would love to be able to eat his way but it feels alien to me, maybe when I get to target I'll have another go....

As for the McDonald's/KFC etc i just don't go when the hubby & boy go. They do that about once a month without me cos I know 100% I'm not one of these people who can sit with a diet coke I'd be extra larging all the way!

Prob the reason for the lack of a gain was that I was following my primal eating most of the time loads of salads, some meat, potatoes etc most of which I think went through me very quickly lol (had a runny tummy) plus for 10 days did many hours of swimming.

Both the primal blueprint & paleo books advise people to take certain supplements, primal even sell them. Mainly because "they are absent or insufficient in the modern diet"

Prob the reason for the lack of a gain was that I was following my primal eating most of the time loads of salads, some meat, potatoes etc most of which I think went through me very quickly lol (had a runny tummy) plus for 10 days did many hours of swimming.

Both the primal blueprint & paleo books advise people to take certain supplements, primal even sell them. Mainly because "they are absent or insufficient in the modern diet"

That is what I was trying to say primal clearly works when you eat just that way. There are huge temptations all around hence why I have had to go back on xen for this last push back to goal & maybe beyond (I can dream).

I was trying to be nice & say people aren't trying to attack you but you've even got slightly defensive with me when I don't think I said anything particularly bad.....

I assumed you had said that supplements were not necessary..

Really pleased since i weighed in on Wednesday morning after my holiday I've lost 2.2kg. I'm now 88.7kg

I've had 3 days on plan, including a low kcal day/ fasted day.

Today I will start taking 2 of the digestive enzymes with each meal.

Thinking of trying to make peach and pecan scramble from the paleo book's recipes, hopefully my OH hasn't eaten the last peach and my boys all the pecans!

Just remembered I have a meal out tonight at an Indian restaurant, should be ok tandoori and a few veggie side dishes - no naan etc.

Just need to get my boys into bed by 6:30pm

Had a good evening out, mainly stuck to plan - just had a few popadums - before I remembered to ask what was the flour as I know some use Chana flour for them. Oh well that's what talking and eating get you :)

Had a chicken jalfazi - ate the chicken out of it lovely and spicy! also a sag paneer, lamb tikka and some Chana masala. No rice or naan

TOTM has arrived - the cravings I was having today were strong - I find that having a few carbs like chickpeas/ basmati rice/ potatoes etc seem to help keep me away from the choc and other sweet things :)

This weekend is full of surprises - off out for dinner again tonight.. Friend's sons birthdays so off to harvester ..

Feel so bloated with TOTM even my trousers that fit me yesterday don't do up!

Sitting in subway with my littlest son.. I ate just before We went out, a very late breakfast - so really not hungry - so just having a diet coke :)

Breakfast: 2 rashers bacon, baby leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, soft goats cheese.. Hot cocoa with milk and bit of honey.

With meal out at 6pm don't think I need anything before then, all my cravings from yesterday have disappeared too :)

Dinner was nice, salad, 3/4 rack of ribs, portion chips - I had a bit of cake too, couldn't really say no with out being rude.

My kcals ate not to bad considering, but my carbs levels are too high. Back to normal tomorrow :)

Today kcals are higher than I liked, so are the carbs - but not unusual for a bad day with TOTM cramps and a headache :)

Taking 3 digestive enzyme tablets today, still no warmth. Loads of gurgling.

I also have exercise to add to my schedule ..

For the school Holidays Kettlebell class Tuesday and Thursday and maybe a Zumba class on Wed of course in the evenings - kids permitting!!

Come middle of sept once both kids at school - littlest starts morning nursery - I'm thinking of looking at curves gym as there is one 5 mins from the house.. I'm interested to see what their program offers etc

Also there is a salsa class at a local pub Monday nights .. Mmm is my shoulder ready?? I'm really tempted as I love salsa dancing!

Going to Kettlebell class on a Tuesday night at 7:30pm just doesn't work when I have 2 energetic boys, who want to burn daylight! OR my OH who purposely parks his work van so that I can't get out!!

Going to go walk/ jog in the park?

Just walked round the park for 45 mins .. Not quite my 10,000 steps but close :)

My totm is funny 3 days heavy, stop one day 4 more days light! When I'm fasting its just 5 days .. Bloated tender tummy plus 2kg weight gain! My normal trousers don't fit - old jeans no belt and track pants ... Just great for 8 days !!

Having a low kcal day today - over 500 but under 1000 Kcals.. I've figured out that if I eat too low kcal I binge eat the next day. This way I don't and still get the benefits :)

Upped my digestive enzymes to 4 per meal today as still no warmth under my breast bone.

Back