Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

WI today.. 97.9kg a loss of 900g . Just did not feel like eating much this week, and I also think crying bucket of tears and blowing my nose loads made a difference..

Feeling a bit more settled mentally about the decision today; tears still very close to the surface.

Telling my boys was hard as they were so looking forward to having a new little one in their lives. I told them it's ok to cry when you feel
upset about loosing your new little brother and this is a very very sad thing to happen. They are going to make some cards and pictures to give to the baby to say bye and we will miss you.. I've also asked them to decide on a name.

I'm sure telling the boys was very hard but sounds as though you've handled it brilliantly. As Kirsty said you have to do what is right for you all as a family & if it were me I would have done the same Tara xx

Ah (hugs) I've shed a tear reading that. My thoughts are with you xx

Sunday 7/6/14..
Weather hot and sunny
Date for termination is today
Have not felt baby move this morning

Arrived at hospital 8:45am, all checked in and given a private room. Waiting to see doctor to start every Thing off.

11am 1st dose, will give every 6 hours until 5 have been given

OH stayed till 12 noon and then went home and took boys to the park. I read my kindle and the watched the hobbit #2 movie - during the movies is when the cramps started to intensify.

Pains starting to hurt at 5pm
Had next induction tablet plus codydamol x2

Had dinner of roast chicken at 5:30pm

Pains more hard about a min apart .. 30 sec
6pm took tramadol x2

6:45pm my waters broke while on the loo

Pains got really much worse after that, was sweating had injection of Pethidinen - which took a long while to kick in

Was taken down stairs at 7-7:30pm to labour ward - pains still very painful! OH arrived back just as I got taken to the labour ward.

9:40 have no pain now just pressure and leaking - think contractions have slowed down

Dosed off and on - no pain just pressure

10pm had more tramadol x2 and codydamol x2

11pm .. Checked and baby on his way down - was not given any more tablets to induce contractions. MW could feel babies head and I was told just to let baby come down on his own, not too push .. Could feel slight ache/ pressure as baby slipped down slowly.

00:25 baby delivered - MW said to start pushing and after a while baby kind of plopped out. Weight 108gs

OH went home just after this.

Got to hold baby wrapped up - saw the hands all folded over - head shape kind of pointy, cute wee feet. His name is Jake Pavdeja.

Went to the toliet and was told to push and out plopped the Placenta - they had a cardboard bed pan in the loo to catch any thing. Placenta came out in one piece - thank goodness

Have drunk loads and loads of water today

Know we made the right decision to terminate - quality of life would have been difficult and awful for all of us. Zen wrote a card and the boys had chosen a sleep and grow that says cool littlest brother - have left these with baby - funeral will be in July, at crematorium.

Oh Tara. This is just heartbreaking. You are one strong mumma. Take care of yourself hun. You did what was right for you, your family and of course for Jake. Beautiful name.
Lots of love and positivity coming your way. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

As I've been saying to you, you should be so proud of yourself. Rest up & shout if you need anything. rIp darling Jake, I've prayed for him & asked my Sammy to look after him xx

So heartbreaking to read this but I am sure you made the right decision xx

I'm doing ok :) just aches and a few twinges/ pains in my lower belly.. Which is to be expected.

Worst thing is that I'm starting to crave chocolate and cakes/ biscuits again .. Which to my mind means that I need to up my magnesium supplements; will get some tomorrow and then see if they help. I know(have read) that when you have your period/ bleed etc that your body needs more magnesium than normal - hence the desire for chocolate etc

Right Missy I'm about to tell you off! Right now you need to listen to your body if you fancy chocolate & cake I think you should allow yourself it. Give yourself a couple of weeks before you start hardcore dieting again please xx

Right Missy I'm about to tell you off! Right now you need to listen to your body if you fancy chocolate & cake I think you should allow yourself it. Give yourself a couple of weeks before you start hardcore dieting again please xx

Totally agree.. Give your body what it ends hunni x x s

Yes and yes to what Lexie and Lisa said! Cut yourself a bit of slack, hon, you've been through an ordeal. Not suggesting you go mad, because we all know how hard it can be to pull it back, but maybe eat at a maintenance level for a little while? In my experience you can fit some nice sweet treats into that. Take care of yourself. :) xx

You need to recover from this before you get back to dieting. I don't mean go mad and eat everything in sight because I know it won't make you feel any better. Just don't be too hard on yourself. You have been through so much. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back