Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

I must say my list of stuff I'm avoiding gets longer every day! Wheat/ gluten/ grains/ legumes/ deep fried/ lactose/ low fat/ low carb.. stupid body!! But this year I will loose weight!!
Arrowroot powder/ GF flour..
Oven chips.
Deep fried chips.. Prob deep fried anything!

3rd period (since starting iodine and companion supplements) has snuck up on me, no cramps (apart from over use of slendertone belt) no pain :)

Cycle this month is 29 days .. Last month was 28 days .. Fantastic my cycle length is longer.. Long may it continue!!

Must say I didn't have the massive hungry day before my period.. I normally want to swallow whole dinosaurs fried in garlic and olive oil .. With a side of double door fridge followed by bit (lots) of dark chocolate ., nope not this month!

Crazy about chicken livers cooked with marmalade and Madeira.. Yummy! Had for dinner 3 days in a row .. Definitely ate (eating) to much dark stevia chocolate..

My weight is up about 500g instead of the 1-2kg not feeling bloated, probably am, but not feeling it. Tummy is not tender or achy. Boobs are a bit fuller but not sore.

Sorry if TMI. I'm just amazed at how much of a different iodine plus other supplements has made to my monthly hell! It's strange not having all that pain and excuse for being a b'tch lol must say I've been less moody too lol

Do you follow a plan or your own version?
I'm reading Robb wolfs book. So going by that. I see people eat dairy, I plan to cut out dairy and everything else for a month and see if I notice changes. I can always reintroduce if I feel my body can tolerate it. Plus are you uk based? Where do you find the best value to buy almond/coconut flour?

Sorry for so many questions.

Yes I'm uk based :) I have a local Heath shop where I by coconut flour/ coconut nectar sugar. I get coconut vinegar/ coconut aminos from Amazon. I don't tend to cook very much with almond flour .. I prefer arrowroot and tapioca. I use a book called primal cravings for my sweet treats - I love Danielle walker - against all grain - her books have great recipes.

I have been following primal as its a bit more relaxed than robb Wolfe.. But this year I need to look at the fact that I'm Lastose intolerance, I eat yogurt sometimes and sheep and goat feta .. I've got some lactofree cheeses and milk for when I want / need them ..

I've started dabbling in primal since about 2013 I think .. I'm much better at avoiding wheat and legumes now .. But still eat a fair amount that I shouldn't.. My aim this year to to look at what carb level works for me personally- what primal/ paleo carbs my body puts weight on with (daily weigh'er )
Also Look at my fat levels - I did a 23andme plus dnafit test that came up the fact I'm sensitive to saturated fats .. I have been eating a lot of butter and coconut oil .. I'm hoping that reducing the saturated fats and using olive oil instead will help with weight loss.

To be honest I'm lost at the difference between primal and Paleo. Also when I look on Instagram there are so many variations of Paleo. People seem to make their own rules.

That test sounds good. I've just done a yorktest for food intolerances. My sister works there and I got a pretty HUGE discount. So I'm just waiting for the results. When I breast fed my daughter she had a cows milk protein intolerance (which she's grown out of) but I had to stop eating dairy as I was passing it onto her through my breast milk. Those 9 months my skin was amazing. I've had adult acne and it just disappeard. Then came back once j stopped. I just put the good skin down to breastfeeding but I'm interested to see if I have a dairy intolerance.

Is the yorktest a hair test? I think that in the end you work out what suits your body best by trial and error .. Theses tests help .. Mine also said sensitive/ intolerance to gluten/ lactose/ legumes/ refined (processed?)carbs /saturated fat .. So remove all that I've got a lower fat paleo diet .. Lol

Kettlercise this morning .. Definitely going to feel it tomorrow.

Breakfast: 1/2 an avocado / cherry tomatoes and strips of bacon and sprinkle of sea salt.

Lunch: salad with some steak
Coconut water

Snack : 40g Cavalier chocolate with cocoa nibs sweetened with stevia.

Butt aches really bad, bending makes me feel so old lol.. sitting down don't think I'll get up again lol

I love Kettlercise class butt it makes me ache so badly the 1st class back after a break! I know next week I'll be fine!!

I'm feeling really tired tonight .. Just off to bed :) been a busy week .. Getting back to exercising! Will be doing walking tomorrow morning.. Round the block after school drop off and then walking home, should get me close to my 10k steps before lunchtime :)

Crikey, hon, you won't have anything left you can eat soon! I've never been tested for intolerances, but there are some things I know make me feel rubbish, like fresh cream or too much wheat, so I tend to avoid them but not cut them out completely. I could certainly tell the difference when I ate all the bad stuff at Christmas, though I think it was more to do with sugar than anything else - I really felt like I'd got a hangover, without having drunk any alcohol! :) xx

Lol I know .. Good thing I like meat and vegetables etc .. Can't say I've eaten particularly well this week.. Being period week.. I crave/ want more carbs .. Back to it next week diet wise :).

2nd week of exercise classes and no real aches or pains .. So the combination of kettlercise, Pilates, yoga and spinning I think will work for me going forward!!

Feeling possitive as I'm not feeling overtired and sore from the various classes .. It's nice to get out of bed and not ache!! I'm hoping My body is finally ready to start exercising properly. :) I must say it's taken just over 6 months to recover from my appendix operation.

I do also think the slendertone belt is making my core stronger as I have be better able to do planks and 1/2 side planks and stay up for longer than 5 seconds lol I've been using prog 7 at 120(strength) which makes my tummy jump about lol

Also a small loss of 200g long long long way to go .. But better than nothing.

bring on next week :)

I must say my list of stuff I'm avoiding gets longer every day! Wheat/ gluten/ grains/ legumes/ deep fried/ lactose/ low fat/ low carb.. stupid body!! But this year I will loose weight!!
Arrowroot powder/ GF flour..
Oven chips.
Deep fried chips.. Prob deep fried anything!
Just add potatoes in general..winter/summer Squash and sweet potato is fine.. potatoes definitely effect me in all versions. Just need to train myself not to eat them .. There goes another excuse "to" eat butter lol

If I don't eat bread, or potatoes what do I need butter for!! ;) lol

Had my scan yesterday for ovarian cyst and hernias The cyst I had on my ovary has shrunk and is now a simple cyst not a blood filled one.. So that's good news.

The possible incisional hernia, they don't think it's a hernia as such.. But the muscle is separated and disorderly.. The technician is looking at my old CT scans to see if it was always like that or if it developed after the appendix operation.. But she is also suggesting an MRI of my abdomen.. So who knows lol

Back