Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Was great to have a 2nd period with no pain and only a few very mild cramps, length was normal flow was not too heavy... All good :)

Happy new year to all .. Let's hope that 2016 is healthy and happy !

New diet/ old diet plan.. Still primal/ but perhaps more Robb Wolfe paleo ..

Low carb - 6% of kcals from refined carbs per day .. So sugars etc have to be 6g or less per 100g
I'm not going to count the carbs in general vegetables- unless they are higher carb like potatoes/ sweet potatoes.. I think squash/ beetroot, carrots are low GL so I'm not going to count them either.

Low in saturated fat - 6% of total kcal's per day - so the butter/ coconut oil that I've been cooking with will just have to be ruduced to less than 5g per day!
Low in other fats (olive oil) too - 15% of total kcal's

Higher in lean meats.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    898.7 KB · Views: 14
In the new year sale I bought an ab7 slendertone belt unisex version. My stomach muscles are weak partly from the appendix operation and I'm hoping that using this can help. (on top of my normal routine!) I hate that I get such a sore back .. Physio said it was from a weak core., it's not meant to shrink fat just strengthen muscles .. I'll just be happy with the stronger core muscles!

Happy new year! Let me know whether the belt works - I really struggle to improve my core although I know the primal exercises all help. Also looking forward to restarting my dance classes from tomorrow - belly dance is remarkably good for core:)

Still taking 150mg Iodoral iodine each day, before breakfast as that's best for absorbing it :) with the tablets you don't need to have eaten. With food I take the other recommended supplements. My detox symptoms have reduced loads ., I think that drinking water with a pinch of salt (unprocessed/ pink Himalayan salt) in it has made the difference.

I'm continuing the low carb/ low saturated fat diet., not overly hungry at moment. Will be interesting to see how adding back in my regular exercise will effect my appetite. Also totm (10 days away) usually means I have an appetite to rival a t-Rex crossed with a boa constrictor..

Kids back at school and will be walking more .. Left the car outside school and walked home.

evening MB - good idea to walk and leave the car behind:) I headed out to zumba - that certainly got me moving :eek:

Pilates this morning:) enjoyed it and managed to do some of the exercises better .. Assuming it the slendertone belt helping strengthen my muscles under my wobbly belly :) have used it for 4 days - about an hour each day. Going to continue.. I'm realistic that it's just to strengthen my muscles under the flab ..

very excited that you think the belt is helping - looking forward to see how that goes. Can you just wear it around the house while doing other stuff? do you have to use funny gels? thx

Yes can wear it round the house, and the gel pads are ok. You stick them on the belt and when you use it, you take off the covers and afterwards just replace the covers.. Eventually they will need replacing as they will get less sticky, not sure how many uses I'll get but I've read they will last at least 30 uses ., a month? The replacements are about £10-12 I think .. Or you can try and clean the old ones ..

Am definitely more hungry today, so adding back in exercise definitely has increased my appetite.

WI today and since 1st Jan have lost 1.2kg.. So taking the saturated fat and refined carbs out is working :)

Hooray - well done Tara:) agree that exercise makes me hungrier - but also feels so good to be moving!

I've got 2 sick kids .. Oldest son has had a high temp, since Friday.. I was hoping it would go but as it hasn't I'll be taking him to the doctor tomorrow. Other son has been off sick since he vomited Wednesday lunch time at school .. Still had sore tummy Friday and stool colour was very pale.. Was getting better .. But this morning started vomiting again .. :(

Have dosed both with probiotics and given iodine to the son who's been vomiting - iodine (Iodoral tablet) is meant to kill bad bugs in the stomach! I'm hoping that I don't get sick!!

Hooray - well done Tara:) agree that exercise makes me hungrier - but also feels so good to be moving!

Yes I really like my exercise classes ! I'm hoping that once I'm in a routine with the "exercise classes" then my appetite will settle down.

This week no kettlercise as kids are sick, doctors appt myself on Wednesday morning so no Pilates.. Hopefully I'll be fine to start yoga on Thursday!

No yoga this week .. Starts next week.

Had a few cramps yesterday (period is due in a few days) but actually think they might have been from over use of my slendertone belt lol

Tomorrow kids finally back to school!! Both are well enough now :) oldest still has a cough but I'm hoping with loads of Vicks applied at night after a steamy bath it will help!! Should get my steps ups tomorrow :)

Trying to finish my 10k or close to by salsa dancing round the house !

Back