Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

I bought a new kitchen toy..,

Check this out on AMZN: Gefu 13460 Spiral Cutter Spirelli http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026RMEK4

As long as you use big carrots, courgettes, sweet potatoes, all firm veg you can make great veg style pasta :)

I just made some with garlic butter .. I know it can be made without butter, but its how my mommy always cooked courgettes, I will figure some way of doing it differently next time :) it was yummy with an runny egg on top.

Off to Sainsbury's to stock up on big firm courgettes, and other veg that meets the criteria ;)

Tonight had spiral spag style sweet potato with Bolognese sauce was really yummy.

Feeling positive for WI on Friday, I know it will not be a big loss because of the Chinese last sat night, am happy that things are still moving downwards :)

I am still taking my xenical tablets 3 x a day,

I am avoiding wheat bread, having gluten free instead if I want some.
I am not eating rice, or pasta.
I am having sweet potato a few times a week
butternut squash a few times a mth
Potatoes maybe once a week if that

I am now baking with alternative flours to wheat and kids and OH have not noticed a difference lol

Having food doctor seeded porridge most mornings, it has no dried fruit in it, I add a banana or breakfast prunes from tesco's

still addicted to Chocolate Cheerios, but have cut down to 30g from 60-90g lol but is 25% wheat, therefore is not all wheat..

I am finding I am not as hungry between breakfast and lunch - where as I used to want a snack at 9:30-10am and then an early lunch. I can now now go from breakfast at 8 am - till after 12 sometimes 1-2pm before I feel like having lunch. For me that is a big change!

I am hungry more in the afternoon, specially after my school pickup walk. I am hungry for my dinner, which I have been bulking up with loads of veg. After dinner I don't tend to eat again, just water or some diet coke.

The biggest change in my body shape in the last 6 weeks since my Operation and re-starting my eating plan is loosing the cm/ inches from under my boobs, that area is much flatter and I don't look pregnant so much.

So to my mind reducing/avoiding wheat has and is making a difference to my body shape and my weight.

Mis-behave said:
I bought a new kitchen toy..,

Check this out on AMZN: Gefu 13460 Spiral Cutter Spirelli http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026RMEK4

As long as you use big carrots, courgettes, sweet potatoes, all firm veg you can make great veg style pasta :)

I just made some with garlic butter .. I know it can be made without butter, but its how my mommy always cooked courgettes, I will figure some way of doing it differently next time :) it was yummy with an runny egg on top.

Off to Sainsbury's to stock up on big firm courgettes, and other veg that meets the criteria ;)

I don't get how it works???

It's like a big pencil sharpener and the veg comes out in long loose spirals - as long as u use BIG carrots, courgettes etc

The reviews aren't that amazing about it though. Lots of waste. Show us some pics of the results. :) I quite fancy it but not if its as dire as it sounds

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used it yesterday and made courgette spirals, ok I was left with about an inch at the end but the rest was all spirally courgette "pasta" and the same with the sweet potato had about 5cm left over, but easy enough to chop up and give to someone else :)

WI today same as Friday, looking at a STS tomorrow, unless I cheat., and WI without my sling.. Which will give me a loss of 600g at least lol

My shoulder was really painful tonight, forgot to take my midday tablets with me and then ran out of time once I got home, as needed to run back out to pick up oldest son from school.

Ended up eating some choc and cupcakes for dinner instead of my planned dinner, filled me up and have not/ am not hungry now.. But just know that pain still has me reaching for sweet things. Need to develop a new "goto" thing for when I am in pain..

Here's hoping that I have lost something in the morning lol and do not have WDPR !

A STS this week. I spent most of the week loosing my 1.3kg gain from my Chinese on Sat night..
BUT my weight with out my sling is 84.2kgs. (185 lbs - 13 st 2.5 lbs) So this is my new weight and I will now WI without my sling ..

Have had 2 of my fav Hairy Dieters recipes today
Spicy bean and veg stew for lunch and lamb Tagine for dinner on some cabbage.

I've also been feeling better today - my shoulder is not so painful, took my medications on time! So have not had such a desire to munch on stuff today!

Here's to a good week and a good loss next Friday!

Glad to hear the pain is better today, you are doing so well Hun x x

Meant to say a couple of days ago, lol, I have a spiral cutter and I really like it! Nice in summer too for salad ingredients. :)

So does it work then? Better than the reviews?

So does it work then? Better than the reviews?

Mine works really well, I don't think I have the same one as MB but I just checked the reviews for the ones I could afford and picked the one with the best rating out of them. :)

Plumfoodie said:
Mine works really well, I don't think I have the same one as MB but I just checked the reviews for the ones I could afford and picked the one with the best rating out of them. :)

Which one do you have?

WI today was a nice surprise.. Down 400g of course it's not my official WI day lol will just look forward to a good loss next Friday :)

Been baking cupcakes again today, tried to reduce the sugar - they tasted yuck!! Even kids thought so! Also were a bit solid - added baking soda and yogurt to mix and are now very light and good!

It's the same style as the juiceland vegetable spiralizer on amazon but not that specific one. Are you not happy with yours hon?

(sorry, am trying to pack for trip and also take mr plum out for birthday dinner otherwise I'd dig mine out!)

Back