Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Plan today is to keep kcals low today and drink lots of water .. Scales are up today - I'm assuming due to kettlercise and the rice I ate yesterday?

I ache a little bit but not too bad ... Can only assume my aches will get worse later and tomorrow "ouchie"

Making a hairy dieters beef and ale stew.. With added kidneys and heart .. Smells nice just hope it tastes as good :)

Have you eaten heart before? My flatmate eats it alllll the time lol I've not tried it yet though! I saw lambs heart in Morrisons today and would have bought it if was chopped up ready for me to cook but these were whole, they had pig hearts too but I just dont fancy trying pig heart for some reason.

Hope you enjoy your dinner :) xx

Thanks - it all tastes very yummy :) even kids are eating it lol hehe

My youngest at almost 4 is eating the kidney no prob with some rice and veggies :)

I'm planning on adding kidney and heart to meals once a week - as long as I remember to buy them :)

I'm planning on adding kidney and heart to meals once a week - as long as I remember to buy them :)

I may have to bite the bullet and try this, heart is so full of nutrients and it sure would help with budgeting!

WI today, gain of 1.6kg which I'm assuming is partly the higher carbs I've eaten last few days plus the kettlercise class retaining water.. Also didn't do a fast day this week. My over all kcals for the week are 1500 so I haven't eaten to much over the week, just had rice, popcorn etc last 2-3 days ..

It's funny I can cook breakfast of bacon, eggs etc for kids and OH and not pick at it, but making popcorn (using coconut oil) for my boys yesterday I had one bit and just ended up eating loads .. Taste, smell.. It just seems to hit all the senses. I will have to be on my guard next time :)

No kettlercise again till 5th Sept as instructor is away .. But hoping to try for a Zumba class on Tuesday nights..

Sat is my treat day, so kcals will be higher today.. I've also just made for me and sons some paleo cheeky (chunky) monkey muffins - no choc chips or nuts .. So maybe I've found a banana cake recipe that is gluten free and that my boys like.. Will have to see lol it's all in the taste test ;)

plus maybe it can be used as a base for my Xmas cake ?? Which has drunk mixed dried fruit in - rum brandy, cherry brandy.. Spiced rum .. More brandy .. Hic Hic ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray on the muffin front. :)

I always find that rice cakes and popcorn make me gain even if otherwise I'm eating spot-on, I don't know why! I can have a half-cup of cooked rice with a meal, no problem, but the rice cakes - bam!

Darn I didn't even think to check the pâté for wheat :( until after eating some of it.. I will have to read the labels more carefully, before I buy!

Went to house warming party yesterday - ate loads but said No to chips, bread, rice, cake - I ate the whipped cream off the top with 2 peaches lol I had meat, salad, bit of cheese and a few bits Turkish delight. Way too much eaten - but had a good time :)

My should was aching something fierce last night, so had 1 co codydamol and a nurofen Before bed .. Definitely more bunged up today ;)

Re: Diet issues... Of me, myself & I

I have a mental block against offel we were made to eat it when we were kids I used to dread liver and bacon and steak and kidney pie.:confused: Is there any butchers round your way That do bulk meat packages I find That buying in bulk saves me a small fortune .

I was made to eat it as well as a kid, didn't like it much - but as an adult I've found I quite like kidney in stews, liver cooked with loads of garlic and onions. I don't normally eat that much heart but if I hide it in a stew nobody notices ;)

I haven't looked at bulk meat options, I tend to buy from the supermarket when things are on special. Yes eating grass feed, free range is good but is a bit pricy for my budget, so when it's on special I buy it then :)

I've eaten way too much today.. :( nothing too naughty just too much of it all .. Am tired which doesn't help, as it makes me feel more hungry. Feel so full it's not a good feeling !!

I always feel really hungry when I'm tired too . Ill crave really sweet high processed foods.

I've eaten way too much today.. :( nothing too naughty just too much of it all .. Am tired which doesn't help, as it makes me feel more hungry. Feel so full it's not a good feeling !!

I get this when I'm tired too, my body seems to think more food = more energy but I have ME so doesn't always work that way!

Hope today's a better food day for you x

Well managed to keep my food down to more acceptable levels today :)

Have acupuncture tomorrow for my shoulder tomorrow, going to make sure I eat a good breakfast as I know now that having acupuncture in a fasted state makes me very hungry! And crave sweet stuff!!

Back