Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Breakfast was; 2 eggs(cooked in combo of coconut oil and butter about 1tsp), 2 slices bacon and broccoli and asparagus.

I've also been thinking (dangerous I know lol) the days this week I've eaten more have been the mornings I've started my day with something sweet ish ... Like tapioca pancakes, hot cocoa - sweetened with coconut nectar sugar, coconut muffins.. So plan is to have a protein rich breakfast and have those things later or not at all :)

The acupuncture is making my shoulder range of movement better and smoother. I'm just lucky my doctor surgery has one of the doctors that does it!

Re: Diet issues... Of me, myself & I

Today's breakfast sounds yummy!

I know what you mean about starting the day off with sweet foods! Ive definitely found the best way is to start off with a protein and fat rich meal.

I feel awful .. Brain has checked out, shoulder aches something wicked - acupuncture today was left in for 20-30 mins whereas before it was just 5-10 mins .. Am so sleepy & achy struggling to cook dinner and sort kids out!

Gave into my sweet cravings today too, dark chocolate bounty and a few haribos. Too much sugar, should maybe given into the mcds chips instead ..? I didn't give in I bought my sons a happy meal and I came home and had left over chicken and salad..

Dinner is a gluten free granola with oats and seeds and nuts .. Figure my brain is wanting carbs which is why it's not working properly and the fact I'm craving sugar - oats are not ideal but hope they help with what ever my brain needs to start working again!! Just can't think straight .. **mad**

Normally after a holistic treatment your body enters a healing crisis , Where you'll feel worse before you get better . it norm lasts for three days drink plenty of fluids and have slower burning fruits like banana for sweet craving . your body Just wants a energry fix to help eliminate toxins

Still feeling achy today, and my heads a bit foggy.. WI today was a gain which I expected as I've eaten too much last few days.

No plans out this weekend - so far.

would like to go back to sleep but not happening :) Will have another early night tonight - I hope !

Hope you're feeling better soon, you've just got to ride it out! Definitely drink lots of fluids.

For a sweet carb fix a sweet potato with some butter, coconut oil and some cinnamon mixed is really yummy :)

If tweaking and having oats is what it takes to help you stay on plan and not eat rubbish then you should do that, there are worse things than oats lol! Just make sure your granola doesn't have added sugar :)

The granola is sweetened with juice not the white stuff :) today I've had some dried mango, hot chocolate made with cocoa powder and coconut nectar sugar.. A rice cake and arrowroot pancakes x 2 (makes 8) the sweet cravings are starting to go thank goodness - have not had any dark choc or more oats, have made meat loaf for dinner from the hairy dieters new book - smells yummy ! Swapped the bread crumbs for 1T coconut flour.

Still eaten too much today here's hoping I wake up feeling much better tomorrow !! Still feeling sleepy and I def think an early night is on the cards!!

Hon I agree that in the long run sticking with things like sweet potato will make it easier to get away from your cravings once your need for more carbs is over. Even juice-sweetened things can have a lot of sugar in them, and fructose is not the healthiest sugar (lots of info on google, I won't link ;) ) plus things like rice cakes have a really high GI. You'd possibly do better to have some cooked white basmati with butter instead.

How is the new Hairy Dieters book? Is there a lot that's easy to modify to paleo? I know you got a lot of use out of the first one.

I'm feeling much more "normal" today :) thank goodness my foggy head has cleared and my energy levels are better :)

I'm feeling much more "normal" today :) thank goodness my foggy head has cleared and my energy levels are better :)

That's great :)

Plum got there first but I was going to suggest white rice as an addition to keep you more on plan if you're finding going too low carb leads you to unpaleo carbs. Even having things like roasted carrots can help with the carb fix, definitely try sweet potato though :)

I think it was the reaction to the acupuncture that caused my carb cravings, I've not had such a long session before, if I had come home had a hot shower and rested for a bit - which is the advise I've read :) Instead I had to go shopping for 3 hours - a friend was minding my boys - so was a chance to sort out last min bits before school starts .. My carb cravings kicked in while I was out.. My next session is in 3 weeks - boys will be at school .. So should be ok to have a shower and rest, also as I know now that the longer sessions kick off my carb cravings I shall be prepared and have some rice, sweet potatoes For lunch :)

I think after reading about the roast sweet potatoes . Just might cook some for dinner today too :) cubed and roasted sounds yummy!

I went for easy options with the granola as I just had not enough energy to cook anything, after I had it, it gave me enough of a boost to finish cooking dinner then kids in bed and I followed.. I hate it when my energy levels get that low :(

I will be more prepared next time :)

I went for easy options with the granola as I just had not enough energy to cook anything, after I had it, it gave me enough of a boost to finish cooking dinner then kids in bed and I followed.. I hate it when my energy levels get that low :(

I will be more prepared next time :)

As long as you cool it quickly, you can make a big batch of rice and then freeze it and store it in a bag, it's very quick to get some out and microwave it and add butter. A banana is also a good grab and go option for times when you're knackered and need enough of a boost to get something done. I can't remember whether you said that you're drinking extra water after your acupuncture treatments? This is important and also making sure that your minerals and electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, sodium) are balanced will help get you through these healing/detox phases after a treatment. :) Glad you're feeling a bit better! x

image-3456575034.jpg

Here is the back of the granola - apart from the oats doesn't look to bad. 10.6g per 100g for sugars present doesn't seem too high?! It was the 1st time I'd seen this one in sainsbury. Thought it might be better than other stuff if I needed a carb boost :)

Been painting all most of the day, I've painted the wooden trim round and round x3 which includes the hall, living and dinning rooms plus 2 radiators ., then spent 2+ hours cleaning up scrubbing the paint off the floors ! Very tired :) but House looks great !

Had Chinese for dinner asked for no MSG - had some special fried rice, with Bok Choy and king prawns and a bit of lamb and spring onions.

Can't believe how much. Ache !! Just from painting lol house still a mess.. So many drip drops on the floor .., the paint I was using wont come off my hands - have tried nail polish remover got most of it off .. But think I need something stronger ..

Sounds like you had a good work out painting lol you'll have stretched out all your muscles. Hope you got the paint off!!
Hows food? Are you back on track? xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol still have bits of paint on my hand .. Going to buy some paint remover tomorrow for my hand and hope it works on my stairs carpet too :(

Have low energy levels again ., but scales are moving down again :) I know I did lots on Sunday and didn't sleep well last night - woke up at 4am for the loo, and couldn't get back to sleep again before I got up at 6am, was hoping for a early night but - had to take a friend to A&E cause she slip over in the bath and she's 37 weeks pregnant .. So spent a while there - so early night has not happened!

Oldest son back to school tomorrow - so back to normal. House will be much quieter :)

Back