Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Did 30 mins at curves today HRM says 234 kcals
Feel good that I went, will go tomorrow as well!

Fasted till lunch again today - hope it helps come Sat WI

Did 30 mins at curves today HRM says 234 kcals
Feel good that I went, will go tomorrow as well!

Fasted till lunch again today - hope it helps come Sat WI

do you mind me asking which hrm you have , I have and ironan watch hrm thingy but just gives readings not cals burned ect ..

I have a polar bluetooth HRM belt that links with my iPhone .. Plus the watch both were a Xmas / birthday present a few years ago now :)
I got mine in white FT40 it was from Argos., but they only do the men's one now :(

But at the mo I just use the polar H7 belt with my phone using the digi fit app spinning on the cardio setting .

Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 Heart Rate Sensor for iPhone 4S/5
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B007S088F4

Polar Ft40F Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch(White)
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B004AH299O
Polar FT40 Men's Heart Rate Monitor.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9352601.htm?cmpid=APPSOCIAL01

This week I've been fasting till 12pm and then eating a big lunch. I've done this mon, Tues, wed., tomorrow I'm going to eat breakfast and lunch and stop eating at 4pm..so no dinner ., then fast till 12pm., so that's a 20 hour fasting window .. Now just need to think of something I don't like for dinner ...hmmMmm

I know my weight is up by more than normal because of the antibiotics and have not been to the loo as much! But I'm hoping that this type of fasting is easier than a daily one with 500kcals ., I know I can fast till 12pm :) I am committed to stoping eating at 4pm and doing my best to fast till lunch time next day !

All or most of my weight is on my belly and when I was fasting before I was loosing it off my belly and I want my belly to go away!

lol good idea feeding the family dinner you dont like, at least you shouldnt be tempted that way!

When I tried fasting I found, for me, a 5pm to 5pm fast worked best as I could have an evening meal each day,
I did 2 of these fasts a week and the rest of the time stuck to an eating window of 8-10 hours.

Hope it goes ok xx

Went to curves gym again today 33 mins HRM 226 Kcals, heart rate didn't go up so high today max heart rate 167 ave heart rate 123 .,

Ok have set my mind to missing dinner and fasting instead ... My brain is not happy lol Final snack before I cut off stomach from Brain ., mhaha lol

I ate my dinner at lunch/ afternoon time .. But then had to cook for others .. Was hard but I did it no picking .. Am hungry but it's not too bad :)

Feeling ok this morning not too hungry, even tho I've cooked eggs and bacon for OH and kids :)

Scales down from yesterday morning but still higher than last Sat..

Re: Diet issues... Of me, myself & I

How's the fasting? xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fasted to 12pm was ok actually better than doing it all day. So I had nothing from 4:45pm Thurs evening till Fri 12pm .. Was really hungry once I start eating at 12pm.,

So tired just spent the last 5 hours up at the doc/ a&e with niece with baby .. Nothing wrong with baby but she has a few issues with bladder and possible problem with the stitches .. They did a few tests and we will find out results Sunday/ Monday .. Have very big headache !

WI day today .. 91.7kg which is up from last week.. But down 1.7kg from Monday .. Still not as regular as I normally am .. In part due to antibiotics, which I've now stopped.

I think I will also do the fasting from 4/5pm to lunch time next day as it was ok and I know I can do it again.

So..
Eat eat fast - Thurs
Fast eat eat - Fri
Eat eat fast - Sat
Fast eat eat - Sun
Eat eat fast - mon
Fast eat eat - Tues
Eat eat fast - wed
Fast eat eat...... As so on

Aww hope the tiredness doesnt throw you off your game and I hope your niece gets sorted x

Be careful fasting each day, you dont want to stress your body out

Hope you have a good weekend xx

eatlikeaGFgirl said:
Aww hope the tiredness doesnt throw you off your game and I hope your niece gets sorted x

Be careful fasting each day, you dont want to stress your body out

Hope you have a good weekend xx

Yes, just be careful, hon. If you're doing daily fasting, make sure you're still eating normal calories, and don't fast for longrr than 14-16 hours (I think it's generally 14 for a woman). I've been doing it for a while now, fasting 14 hours a day but eating around 1,500 calories in the 10 hour eating window. :) xx

Aww hope the tiredness doesnt throw you off your game and I hope your niece gets sorted x Be careful fasting each day, you dont want to stress your body out Hope you have a good weekend xx

I thought to do that patten for 7/8 days and then do a day of eat est eat; eat est fast. And then carry on again .. As long as my energy levels are good :)

Since End of Aug my weight is creeping up I need to get it back down - I know I eat too much a lot of the time but recently I've been better at keeping the kcals lower and I'm still just losing and gaining the same amounts ..

Fasting in the past worked well .. Then I got sick with flu and just couldn't get back to do it again mentally .., I struggled at keeping to the 500 daily kcals .. I think I can do this by skipping dinner and breakfast next day - which is 18-20 hour fasts (majority of it sleeping ) but still eating 1500 odd kcals a day .. and hopefully my weight comes down to show that it's working .., if it's too much every day I will add in an eat eat eat day every so often :)

Mis-behave said:
I thought to do that patten for 7/8 days and then do a day of eat est eat; eat est fast. And then carry on again .. As long as my energy levels are good :)

Since End of Aug my weight is creeping up I need to get it back down - I know I eat too much a lot of the time but recently I've been better at keeping the kcals lower and I'm still just losing and gaining the same amounts ..

Fasting in the past worked well .. Then I got sick with flu and just couldn't get back to do it again mentally .., I struggled at keeping to the 500 daily kcals .. I think I can do this by skipping dinner and breakfast next day - which is 18-20 hour fasts (majority of it sleeping ) but still eating 1500 odd kcals a day .. and hopefully my weight comes down to show that it's working .., if it's too much every day I will add in an eat eat eat day every so often :)

I really would caution against fasting for 18-20 hours a day - daily fasting for a man is only recommended at 16 hours. You don't want to harm yourself. :) xx

Last edited:
I think I would be a bit wary of this, it's sounds a bit more like starving yourself and binging to me.. Why don't you try the 5:2 or an official plan which is recommended x

LisaM1977 said:
I think I would be a bit wary of this, it's sounds a bit more like starving yourself and binging to me.. Why don't you try the 5:2 or an official plan which is recommended x

I agree, Lisa, although I have found daily fasting to be fine for me. It's supposed to give the same health benefits as 5:2 but without having to only eat 500 cals on two days. However, the generally recommended fasting levels are 14 hours for a woman and 16 for a man. I fast between 10.30pm and 12.30pm the next day (at least I did for a long time, I've eased up a little since my op on some days!). :) xx

I agree, Lisa, although I have found daily fasting to be fine for me. It's supposed to give the same health benefits as 5:2 but without having to only eat 500 cals on two days. However, the generally recommended fasting levels are 14 hours for a woman and 16 for a man. I fast between 10.30pm and 12.30pm the next day (at least I did for a long time, I've eased up a little since my op on some days!). :) xx

I know what you are saying, you have stuck to one plan for such a long time and it works ... I worry Tara is taking it to the extreme :(
Tara- how about giving Tracy's plan a try.. The fasting works for you and makes you feel better... X x

Back