Me? Run???

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Russiandoll, 21 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    For those who don't check the wemitt threads, just thought I'd let you know that I did the Junior Great South Run with my daughter and niece today. I know it was only 2.5k but it was a major achievment for me as I have been physically able to run for over 20 years and at my heaviest, I could only walk a few yards before I experienced pain.

I have to say I hated almost every moment but the feeling of pride when my niece and I ran across the finish line to rapturous applause was second to none! (My daughter being a racing snake streaked ahead). I strutted around in my running gear complete with yellow 'bib' for ages afterwards - wearing it like some sort of 'badge of honour'

Anyway, if you click on my photobox link below, I've added a few pics of the day so you can see what six months on CD has meant to me.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

sooooooo proud of you yo0u look like a pro!!!! runner that is !!xxxx susan
  4. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

How fantastic are you - you should be so proud of yourself and you look great in your running gear.....well done!!:D :D

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Crikey! Well done you! It does us good to get out of the comfort zone and do something that we wouldn't have done prediet.

Hope your dead proud of yourself[​IMG]
  6. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Thats a fantastic achievement!! Well done!! I could NEVER imagine doing anything like that...I bet your mega chuffed with yourself...And now I'm sure you need a nice long hot bath!
  7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Well done RD :D
  8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Congratulations I am so proud of you
    Irene xx
  9. pebbles

pebbles Full Member

Well done Debbie,

you are my inspiration. xx
  10. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    I can't believe the changes in you even in just a few short months since I saw you. I am so chuffed for you Debbie. Each time you do something landmark like this you are building a firm foundation to take you to new hights in terms of challenges so the sky's the limit ;)

Well done :D
  11. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

RESPECT, hun!!!!!!! I could never do that so I take me hat off to you!!!!!
  12. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Well done Debbie, could not be more proud of you or more happy for you. Do you know what struck me most about your pics? How normal you look! You fit into the crowd, you look like one of the runners, you are one of the runners and no one is turning a hair. Now that is an achievement, think of the old Debbie and how she would have fitted into those pictures, she just wouldn't. You are an inspiration Debbie, I've said it before and I say it a again, you are just an INSPIRATION. Lots of love
  13. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Lighter Life

That is a fantastic achievement, well done you - you have every right in the world to be proud.
  14. AKB

AKB Full Member

Hi Debbie,
    First of all, well done - what a fantastic achievement!
    Secondly - I didn't recognise you - honestly, I was sitting here wondering why you'd posted photos of someone else - and yes I know I can be dense but I really didn't recognise you at all!
    Hope I recognise you in Birmingham.
  15. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Debbie you look utterly amazing .. and so much slimmer than when I saw you in Birmingham too!! I completely agree with what Barb said about just blending in with the crowd and looking as if you've been running all your life :)

Well done, honey - you rock girlfriend!!! :D
  16. happygal

happygal Banned

Im feeling so proud of you right now!! You did this for a good cause and you experienced pain for their gain. So selfless of you.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.