Meal thickness

tinkerblonde

I just had the cottage pie and quite enjoyed it, but how thick should it be? I found it like a gruel type , thick soup with chunks. It didn't look much like the picture on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think people generally make the meals to suit their own taste. The thing to do is to experiment with the amount of water until you get it the way that you like. I usually add a bit more water than it says and have them a bit sloppier.

I do my cottage pie with 250ml water, sometimes even more! It's all to personal taste and well.... in real life food never looks like the pics, in the chippy, on the ready-meal box, anything!

I make it with 160ml water then give it 30 sec, stir then another 20 in microwave(900w) and add a splash of soya sauce, i leave it a min or 2 to thicken, it comes out a bit thinner than a normal cottage pie....but texture wise it feels like a cottage pie and is lovely like the real thing with cabbage :)

I do my cottage pie with 250ml water, sometimes even more! It's all to personal taste and well.... in real life food never looks like the pics, in the chippy, on the ready-meal box, anything!

Lol omg Moosh does it not come out like soup?

Moosh is strange gunpowd3r ;). She has the meals thin and the shakes thick :)

Moosh is strange gunpowd3r ;). She has the meals thin and the shakes thick :)

Haha BG you know me far too well!

Yes it is a bit soupy! I tend to soak it for a couple of mins, 30secs at 800, stir, 30 secs at 800 then add ground pepper, garlic and dry herbs then leave for a couple of mins. It is soooo nice, fave meal by far!

I agree it is lovely, very comforting to eat.

Back