Total Solution Measuring Meggity...

Meggity

Ok, so this is it.

No more faffing about pretending to diet only to give up within ten days having rewarded myself with food for being so good!

Hoping to keep this diary going as I diet with Exante as a reminder where I have come from and where I am going. Having read other's diaries and posts and seen the fantastic support they have gotten on this forum, I am confident that we can all succeed! I aim to be trawling these forums as much as possible, offering support where I can and begging for it in return, when things start to inevitably go off the rails.

I've always been the fat kid; in school, uni and work and so my personality has grown around that - possibly similar to others here. So it will be interesting to discover and learn more about the 'new me' as time goes on... something of a journey I started last year with a death, a divorce, a new home and new job. Yes, the stress piled on and I predictably turned to food.

But enough is enough! I know I am endangering my health, with the habits and attitude to food I have formed. I'm in my thirty's and want to really enjoy life before its too late.

I have in my mind Christmas and the New Year as a goal, and can almost visualise what I might look like - might even be temtped to photoshop some old pics if things get bad!

Anyway, here's to a the journey!

Meg
x

Welcome to Exante and Minimins....... you'll get fantastic support on your journey to being slim and healthy!! Look forward to following your progress :)

Hiya Meg, and welcome :D xx

Thanks guys :)

Had a play on that virtual model, Cybill - great fun!

Made it through day 1 - three shakes down, one can of coke zero and loads of water. More excited than hungry. Emptied the shelves of all 'safe' water products in Sainsburys and stocked up my fridge with them all. Any twidling of my thumbs and I will be at the fridge door ready to sample a new flavour!

Certainly going to take it a day at a time. I've even created a fitday.com account and recording measurements/weight loss there.

How often do you recommend measuring and weighing youself on this diet? Weekly, fortnightly, monthly?

Hello Meg :D
And welcome :D

Some weigh daily, some weekly, some monthly.
Its too easy to get hung up on the scales by daily weighing.
I think weighing monthly, when starting this kind of diet is way to long. It is rapid weight loss initially, and that can spur you on.
I would say most people weigh weekly. I do, with the occaisional midweek scale hop :eek:

Measuring, I do once a month.
I think if you lose a few pounds in a week, you will notice that on a scale, but not so much on a tape measure. :)
But all these wee pounds add up over a few weeks, so its good to do it every now and then ;)

Good Luck
Marge
:D

Thanks Marge :)

Ok day two nearly over with one rather memorable shopping incident.

Ok, nowhere have I read on here that the shakes would produce some rather embarrasing side effects - wind!

My early morning Sainsburys shop found me squeaking with every step I took down the aisle! I was frozen in the freezer section until other unsuspecting (I hope) customers moved on!

Trumping in the privacy of your own bathroom can be satisfying, but having to contain it in public is torture!

OMG how long will this go on? Or will it.... pass? lol!

Welcome Meggity! :)
Good luck with exante. It's hard sometimes but so worth to see such a fantastic and quick loss. Stay strong for a few first days and you will be doing great!

PS: I actually enjoy my farting :eek:

Thanks Marge :)

Ok day two nearly over with one rather memorable shopping incident.

Ok, nowhere have I read on here that the shakes would produce some rather embarrasing side effects - wind!

My early morning Sainsburys shop found me squeaking with every step I took down the aisle! I was frozen in the freezer section until other unsuspecting (I hope) customers moved on!

Trumping in the privacy of your own bathroom can be satisfying, but having to contain it in public is torture!

OMG how long will this go on? Or will it.... pass? lol!

LOL........ mine's never gone and if I have the Tesco Ultraslim bars they double :D:D:D

Headache arrived yesterday which is good I guess - carb and caffeine withdrawal, right?

Still 100% and did take a peek at the scales - 4 lbs down in 4 days!

Been feeling hungry mid morning today, but had a Coke Zero instead and holding out til 1pm :)

Been digging over the garden also, so hoping that exercise burns some calories too!

I hope you are doing well Meggity! Don't give up, it's hard today, I know. But you will feel MUCH better tomorrow. Cos it looks like you are getting into Ketosis. Your first wi will be soon.
You can do it!!! :)

Wow, yesterday was difficuly, hungry, bad mood, headaches the works!

Still.... I've now figured out the treasure that these forums are, and thanks for the support Biggie :)

Anytime I am tempted to cheat, I sit myself down with a water and read thro diaries, posts, the works. By the time I have finished, I am well and truly motivated again. Love you all for this! I really think this will work this time because of you <3

So, day four passed - another 100% :D

Woke up this morning with stinky breath, Ketosis I presume? = Yay :)

Woke up this morning with cramps and period = Boo :(

Damn time for it to come. Historically I have bad carb cravings whenever I am on, so really hope I can contain them today.

Will be keeping my fingers and mind busy painting the garden fence today in avoidance.

Also worried a bit - I am off to my best friend's dinner party tonight. He's a great chef and loves to entertain in style and with flair! I had thought of backing out but its his 40th and I couldn't bear to hurt his feelings or let him down.

So... going to be in control, sensible and concentrate on proteins and veg. Will try to avoid as much carbs and sugars as possible and also wont stay over so I can use the excuse of driving to avoid the alcohol.

You can still enjoy your friends without having to dine with them is my mantra for today :)

This is a good news Meggity, you seem to be in Ketosis! :eek: (stinky breath).
Please, drink as much water as you can. That will help you. Don't worry about TOTM. I had mine on third week and still lost 3lb. :)

The party:
Drink coke zero, dr pepper, coffee, mineral water;
Please do NOT touch alcohol.
Food: a very (extremely) small portions of fish, ham, bacon, chicken, tuna plus veggie salad (no dressings).
This will not affect your weight loss :)
Have a great time and enjoy the party as much as you can!:party0023:

Good luck especially at the party. Hope you managed to stick to proteins and keep in ketosis..x

I had thought of backing out but its his 40th and I couldn't bear to hurt his feelings or let him down.

So... going to be in control, sensible and concentrate on proteins and veg. Will try to avoid as much carbs and sugars as possible and also wont stay over so I can use the excuse of driving to avoid the alcohol.

You can still enjoy your friends without having to dine with them is my mantra for today :)

A very good plan, and mantra.
I hope you have had a cracking night :D
Marge
:D

Wow.... I survived!

So glad I was driving, as I was easily able to avoid the alcohol last night, though I must admit, one of Stu's friends is a wine importer and apparently they were good. Still a cheap plonk suits me just fine and most of the time I cant tell the difference!

Marge, thanks so much for your post elsewhere - yes, I had called Stu and mentioned my diet etc. He advocates a high protein/low carb regime himself and so was quite happy to adapt a few things for me. In fact... the most carby thing there were the lentils and lemon desert. By then I was so full up, I wasn't remotely tempted. I did help myself a little to the cheesboard though :)

I amazed myself at how full I got so quickly, but I didnt feel as though I was missing out. I had tasted and enjoyed all the flavours of the food, and was more than happy sipping my sparkling water in a champagne glass and join in the conversations around me.

Such a wonderful feeling to feel in control of myself around food. Really, really happy this morning and cant stop beaming, especially when I still feel in ketosis, and the stick this morning showed it too!

This has given me so much confidence now that I can do this diet and succeed. This time, it feels more real, more positive and attainable. And its all down to you guys and this forum, definitely.

Huge thanks to you all!

Happy in Hertfordshire :D

hi meggity we can do this, a very big warm welcome, im on day two and still feeling okish!!! i am a little hungry just had the tomatoe soup that i didnt really enjoy

Haha, just followed you here, Amazie.

Tomato isnt the best tbh. Had some yesterday, but I split the pack in two - having to mini 'cup-a-soup's instead of one large.

The only problem was I took my mug out into the garden, left it on the table while I went to do something and it got knocked off and onto the patio where it smashed. Was my favourite mug too.... was oh so tempted to lick the soup up from the slabs too! Was that hungry then lol.

But, I experiment a bit with spices and herbs - salt and pepper even can change things around. Just not too much tho.

you will be fine hun, cut out the carbs everyone says these are the baddies for the diet lol i have a wedding in 2 weeks and its all paid for me to have a meal so i am cutting out the carbs and giving the pudding to the kids, i will be good.

Back