Meike is not feeling it atm - sry girls :(

You've been missed Mycar. Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a lovely time away - worry not about the damage, you know you can shift any gain no probs :)

Hey my lovely ladies!!! Thank you all for your warm welcome, feels nice to be missed :D

Been in bed early last night so didn't quite had the chance to update yesterday! sry! :eek:

BUUUUT: WI wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, in the three weeks that I haven't been to WW, I 'only' gained 3lbs!! :eek: am really really surprised by that, giving that I have eating sh*tloads of chocolates, sweets, sausages, 3 meals a day, alcohol, hardly any fruits/veggies, no exercise really etc.. :eek: so am really really pleased and hope that I can get rid of it as soon as possible.. If I am honest I am even hoping to lose it in this week, thinking I will be very good foodwise (everything is healthy compared to my last 2 weeks really) start jogging again and even will be walking/jogging the tower jog (10k) next wednesday before WI! hmm, thinking about that now, it might be cheating a bit if I get weight after that walk, but on the other hand: will be drinking loads on the way to the WI.. :p hmmm.. that might be a frustrating week after that then.. have to think about it..

Regarding the towerjog: I was hoping to slowly jog those 10k by then but as I didn't do anything really in the last 2 weeks I don't think I can manage really. Even though I went jogging this morning, but outch, that was no fun at all! Didn't really feel like going joggin, wanted to stay in bed and dose a bit longer.. but then my OH started talking (are we not going jogging today? - mmm, naa.. tomorrow.. - hm, tomorrow's not good enough, is it?) and I had to get up.. such a nuisance! and I did hate every step of those 4862 I did.. was in no good mood at all.. My poor OH, had to deal with me and the jog - well, he was asking for it, didn't he? well anyway, in hindsight (such a great thing, isn't it??;)) I am glad that we went and that I have started again! and I did tell him that, even told him before we went that I might now be grumpy and don't want to go but that I will be thankful he more or less kicked me out of bed once we've done it.. hehe, I do know myself, but I still can't help being grumpy.. :eek:

Am thinking about getting a polar watch to check on my heartrate while jogging. :) Not that that would stop me from jogging and make me 'taking it slow' anyway - my pulse raises up quite early on and I never stop even though it said I should - had one 10 years ago and loved it dearly, but it broke and i never got it replaced.. they are effing expensive though.. :(

Still haven't read through the diaries.. feel so bad about that.. and sooooo curious :D hopefully my afternoon won't be busy :D

Hello you! So glad you had a good time, and that's awesome about only gaining 3lbs! I could easily have gained a stone heh.

I know what you mean about the jogging - I'm not running at the moment but this morning I was like, aww crap, gotta do some exercise, and in the end I've not done that much, although I am walking into town and out of town later - I was supposed to do about twice as much!

Hope you're good xxx

Sounds like you had a lovely time on your hols Meike - and the gain is hardly anything really!

Well done you for getting back on it - sometimes having a break and getting back to it is the hardest thing so at least you've started as you mean to go on. To be fair getting back into jogging is hard but you've got the worst one (i.e. the first one!) out of the way straightaway so shouldn't be as tough now.

Good luck with the 10k - woo for you!

Afternoon Meike, well 3lbs isn't that bad at all :D
I'm sure I could put that on in one day haha!!! if I set my mind to it
At least you had a really good time hun you'll have it off in no time :D

well done Meike :D how much are these polar watches then? :) x

but by golly you had better buckle down this week
..erm... erm...

worry not about the damage, you know you can shift any gain no probs :)
.. erm.. :eek:

have been bad.. have not been back joggins since last wednesday, weather this weekend was sh*t and i so didn't feel like it.. instead we cooked, ate a lot, cleaned the flat and watched some dvds.. :( and tomorrow is the tower jog, 10k, which I will probably walk anyway.. also it is badly timed so that I will miss my WI as well, guess that made me 'take it easy' - a bit too easy maybe..

.. and am a bit down in that respect at the moment anyway - seeing that so many who've started with me in January have lost around 3-4stones by now and there is stupid me, with just 1st.. being a bit disheartened to be honest, know that will pick up again, but still.. am thinking of stopping my pill, to loose weight a bit easier.. but that might backfire :p:eek:

well done Meike :D how much are these polar watches then? :) x
relaly expensive when you buy them in the shop :eek: but we get certain ones subsidised by PruHealth so I am thinking about one 'round £100.. quite a lot for a little gadget but I still fancy it! :rolleyes: we'll see

Sorry for not being around much lately, feeling not positive enough about food/weight/exercise to be coming here
much.. sry :eek:

.... and am a bit down in that respect at the moment anyway - seeing that so many who've started with me in January have lost around 3-4stones by now and there is stupid me, with just 1st..

Hi Meike, dont think i've 'met' you before...

I totally sympathise with you - i used to come on here regularly in 2008 and then i moved into my own house early 2009 and it all went t*ts up:eek: I came back and everyone who was on the weightloss journey at the same time as me had lost loads and i hadnt even managed the stone!!!!

But it made me more determined to succeed this time so i could feel as proud of myself as what i did of everybody else. I wanted to share it with all of my friends on here and now, i am only week 1 back on track but i'm already 4lbs down. Yes, i have lots more pounds to go but i've taken the first step and started!

You can do this and you will get there:)

Not so great at words so i'll finish here!

Aww Meike, don't be disheartened Hun, you are doing well really well
and you don't have as much to lose as us lardy asses so the less to lose the slower it goes Hun
looking at your stats and knowing how tall you are me and the Nikster where dumpsters to your willowy frame :D
luv ya x

Poor you Mycar :(
I do hope you start to feel better soon chick. 1 stone is actually loads so don't start comparing yourself to everyone else bless you.
You've done amazingly well and I hope you manage to pick yourself up again and get back on it because you've been very motivational so far. It could just be a bit of post-holiday blues and a teeny tiny bit of homesickness? Try not to worry hun - we're all sending you positive vibes.
When I'm feeling bleurgh I sometimes have a look at some of those 'look how much I've lost in pictures' threads on the main board ;)

Big hugs to youuuuuuu x x x

Hi Girls!

Many many thanks for your support here, and sorry for not having been here for the last week. :cry: Really feels like I have been on here for ages, you all are doing so great and I am feeling bad for being a bit jealous :eek: and not as supportive as I really should/want to be. And I don't like being like this. :cry:Sorry girls!

Yes, I did do the 10k Tower Jog. A colleague of mine and I went together and alternated between 2k slow jog, 1k walk, 2k slow jog etc.. so we ended up jogging 7k and walking 3k, it was really really good and I really enjoyed it! It took us 1hour 15minutes :eek:, so that's a lot quicker than last year, when we were only walking (2hours!!!). I have to admit that at first I was tempted to find excuses not to have to do it, work being busy, leaving stuff at home etc, but I kicked my (now growing) backside and it was great! Some guys from my team at work started when we were roughly halfway through and run the whole 10k - we just finished 10min before the first one finished his 10k => in 38min!!!!! am so impressed. Have to say, it was really nice watching him run, he made it look so easy! :p

So while we were chatting after the run with a nice cool beer in the hand, the guys convinced me that they could train me up to be able to jog the 10k completely with them next year!! So I stupidly agreed to run with them every tuesday after work - at the beginning it is going to be a circle between the millenium bridge and tower bridge - around 5k. Sooo it looks like I have to do that now! we will be starting on the 25th May :eek: as I will be away for a week.. :D

Oh, I guess I haven't told you about that yet? ;) We're going to the Lake District on Friday for a week with 3 more couples (of which we only know one really well and one other from meeting once :-D) Really hope we'll be having nice sunshine and can go out a bit.. looks like this is going to be our only 'summer' holiday this year so it better be good..

hmm, and that's where my next excuse comes along: I don't think it would make much sense to go to the WI just to be demotivated during the holiday, and I know that even though we'll be walking much, I won't be watching what am eating but will still have the gain in the back of my head so don't think there is any sense in going to the WI tonight just to be showed what I should make up for but knowing that I can't really! :eek:

So when it comes back to being good and going back to WW, I will postpone that (AGAIN) until we come back from holiday. :p So I will be jogging after work with my colleagues on the 25th, back to the WI on the 26th and back to pointing everything I put in my big mouth on the 27th! with no more holidays looming after that and hopefully enough motivation from jogging and being off the pill later in summer :eek::rolleyes::eek: I hope that I can finally shift some weight.. not only this measly little lonely stone that I have somehow shifted so far.. :(

In order to keep me walking/jogging I have signed up for a bit of a fun challenge, done by Fitbug (which I finally de-dusted and am now proudly wearing again): It is called the Mt. Everest Challenge and it started Monday and will run until 17th June. The aim is to walk 511,538 steps in 10 weeks, which do count down to 7,308 steps per day! I started yesterday, so I have to make up for those steps from Monday, so I went jogging yesterday and got a final count of 12,544 steps yesterday, leaves me with 2,072 from Monday plus todays 7,308 - so 9,380 in total today. Not sure if I'll manage that as I won't go jogging today - which normally gives me just under 5000 steps.. We'll see.

Oooh, nearly forgot: I finally ordered my Polar watch, it will hopefully arrive before the holiday so that I can play around with it, but it will def get some good use once I am back on track and back to jogging properly! :D

So, hope this is ok for a quick update after so long!
Love
Meike xx

Mycar!
That's amazing that you've signed yourself up to go running with other people - nothing like making a promise to other people to make sure you stick to it! Well done you - I reckon that takes a lot of commitment.

I think you're right giving yourself a little break until you're back from your jollies - no point beating yourself up about it and you're already giving yourself a deadline and a goal to get back on track so it's all manageable really.

Good to have you around again, you're always sorely missed. And you will be missed again when you're away in the Lakes but we'll let you off! I hope you have a wonderful time and you fully relax :)

P.S. Liking the sound of the Mt Everest challenge! Might have a bash at that one myself!

Hi Meike, dont think i've 'met' you before...

I totally sympathise with you - i used to come on here regularly in 2008 and then i moved into my own house early 2009 and it all went t*ts up:eek: I came back and everyone who was on the weightloss journey at the same time as me had lost loads and i hadnt even managed the stone!!!!

But it made me more determined to succeed this time so i could feel as proud of myself as what i did of everybody else. I wanted to share it with all of my friends on here and now, i am only week 1 back on track but i'm already 4lbs down. Yes, i have lots more pounds to go but i've taken the first step and started!

You can do this and you will get there:)

Not so great at words so i'll finish here!

Hi Emma! Welcome to my Diary (even though it's slow going at the moment)! I have been there already, stopped properly and re-started after gaining back and more of the 2stones that I lost first time round - but I don't want to be doing this all the time, that's what makes me feel even worse - knowing exactly that I am making the same mistakes again and again - too stupid to learn?!? :break_diet: But it's so easy to be disheartened, have to find my way back up again..

Aww Meike, don't be disheartened Hun, you are doing well really well
and you don't have as much to lose as us lardy asses so the less to lose the slower it goes Hun
looking at your stats and knowing how tall you are me and the Nikster where dumpsters to your willowy frame :D
luv ya x

Naaa, Kally, wish that would be the case! I have around 6st to loose, that still leaves me with 5 more! :cry:And willowy frame certainly doesn't mean me!
But thanks for those words, really appreciate them!
AND the chase up on Facebook :eek: thanks xxx

Poor you Mycar :(
I do hope you start to feel better soon chick. 1 stone is actually loads so don't start comparing yourself to everyone else bless you.
You've done amazingly well and I hope you manage to pick yourself up again and get back on it because you've been very motivational so far. It could just be a bit of post-holiday blues and a teeny tiny bit of homesickness? Try not to worry hun - we're all sending you positive vibes.
When I'm feeling bleurgh I sometimes have a look at some of those 'look how much I've lost in pictures' threads on the main board ;)

Big hugs to youuuuuuu x x x

homesickness... hmm, that might be playing along a bit, didn't think about that before you mentioned it. But now that I do there might be some truth in it, am missing my friends so much after catching up with them!! oh damn, now I am disheartend AND sentimental!! :cry::cry: where's the next chocolate bar??

Yup, and I still maintain that you looked great on the walk compated to my saggy hanging flesh trying to keep up with you :eek:

3lb over 3 weeks is really nothing, it works out to 1lb per week, which I think is really good for a holiday, like Kal said, I for one could put this amount on per hour, seriously :sigh: - It doesn't matter if you have lost "only a stone", the point is, you have lost it and not gained a stone which could have easily been done had you not been on a plan. You are doing just great treacle, keep it up.

Did you do the Tower Jog? If so, how did it go? xxx

Thanks Nikki, but I really really doubt that!! xxx

Thanks my lovely ladies! luf ya loards!

Mycar!
That's amazing that you've signed yourself up to go running with other people - nothing like making a promise to other people to make sure you stick to it! Well done you - I reckon that takes a lot of commitment.

I think you're right giving yourself a little break until you're back from your jollies - no point beating yourself up about it and you're already giving yourself a deadline and a goal to get back on track so it's all manageable really.

Good to have you around again, you're always sorely missed. And you will be missed again when you're away in the Lakes but we'll let you off! I hope you have a wonderful time and you fully relax :)

P.S. Liking the sound of the Mt Everest challenge! Might have a bash at that one myself!

Thanks my dear! Thought I needed to commit with ppl otherwise I will just let it slag again, so I'll see that everything is back on track and the motivation and power is back on and in full flow for June!

Am just about to put another ticker in my signature for the Mt Everest challenge, do you have a pedometer?? Last year they also did something like 'walk from London to Paris' - I failed big time, drowned somewhere across the channel I think. Timewise it lay exactly when I lost track of everything again - so this time my down is earlier so the rise will be higher (if that makes sense!)!! Or something like that!!

xx

Get you with all your exercise! :) Running with other people will definitely force you to stick to it, not that you need any elbowing.. up early to go running, what's that about? ;) Good luck with all your challanges. 14lbs isn't measley, it's fab and it will be joined by some friends soon :)

:D Your welcome for the chase up Meike
I was getting worried you were missing and where would us Slaters be without our Captain

I'm loving this MtEvChal you got going on then Meike. I'm going to go and have a check out of that myself... I need something to get me started up and running/walking again.

Soooooooooo good to have you back. xxx

yeah, something like this definitely helps!! and i still have our hyde park challenge in mind, 5k jog!! no walking! so that spurs me on a bit, too!! :D

:D Your welcome for the chase up Meike
I was getting worried you were missing and where would us Slaters be without our Captain

:eek: still feeling pretty bad about that, it's really quiet in there.. will have a look and def re-start posting once am back from holiday!

Lake District is beautiful!! you hear little lambs calling everywhere, beautiful landscape and the ppl we're here with are all good fun! really enjoying myself, even though I got up waaaay to early the rest of the house is still fast asleep, but guess that gives me time for an update on you lovelies!!

Had a bit too much to drink yesterday, thing we underestimated how much we'd be drinking at home, there is a pub in 2min walking distance but that just changed hands yesterday so they won't open again before we leave.. really a nuisance.. found a nice one a bit further down though, walking to and from there got me 3000 more steps for my MtEvChal :D At the moment it is looking ok for the chal, am about roughly 7500 each day, still have to make up for those missing 2000 from monday but that should be doable on this holiday - not sure what we'll be planning today, but surely will involve exploring and walking around - can't wait!
My camera is all charged up again and am dying to go out take some early morning pics :D

See ya soon! xx

Back