Melanie's Diary - I've lost 4 stones!

well done hun fantastic to have lost and i bet your defo glad you went..now get your arse in gear and follow the plan you ve had the inscentive you needed
xxx

yeah i can feel the 1lbs melting away, maybe tomorrow they will invent a fat free choc that tastes good now that would be a miracle

You lost over Xmas! Brilliant! What a great start to the New Year! Well done.

A*se has been kicked (thanx Sue!).
Well dragged said a*se to WI and was really pleased I did in the end - I lost (drum roll) 2.5lbs so no gain at all over Christmas. See, there is a Christmas miracle after all.
So check out my stats - I am no longer obese, I am merely overweight now, yay!!

Way to go Melanie. This is great

Ah, thanx for all the encouragment luvvies. Its really appreciated.
I've managed to stick to plan now since Saturday and can tell I'm back in business by the huge amounts I am able to eat legitimately!

So today's menu (Red)

B - skinny latte (A) and hi fi bar (B) - I know, I know!

Snack - banana

L - chicken and prawn salad, fruit salad

D - Duck in orange sauce (Extra Special from Asda - its boil in the bag but absolutely beautiful and free on red), loads of veggies, potatoes (B)

Am having 2 very small glasses of wine - 9 syns in all.

Might have a babybel later (oooh, cheese and wine) as another partial A.

Am back in the zone and feeling gooooood!

X

Your food sounds lovely. I really fancy trying the duck but I'm the only one that would eat it and I can see myself tucking into the 2 of them

Get the duck Sue and stick one in the freezer. They freeze really well, just defrost fully then cook per instructions. The Extra Special lamb shanks boil in bag are also free on red and are so nice, only take as long to cook as it takes to do the veg and boil up some spud to go with it. Great when you don't feel like cooking.

Ooh do they come in individual bags thats great. I have shopping coming from Asda on Friday and I'm just going in to change it now.

Just ordered the duck and also the lamb shanks in rosemary and garlic. Hope dad doesn't see the till receipt or he might have another heart attack!!!!!!!

Remember when I got into the overweight category BMI wise - was lovely feeling - well done you!!! x x x

Am so glad it's Saturday - it's been a rough old week.

SW wise, all is good and I've stuck to plan as I should.

Today - Extra Easy

B - alpen light (0.5B) -not a good brekkie I know.
L - don't know yet, may have lunch in town
D - chilli con carne with rice
Snacks - alpen light (0.5B), fruit

Syns - wine probably!
Milk in brews (A)

Just about to go in town to meet parents in coffee shop - as er usual Saturday mornings, I'm nothing if not predictable.

Well the good news is my lovely daughter who's 16 has decided to give SW a whirl in anticipation of a lovely prom dress later in the year - and she's lost 5lbs in her first week. Good for her - she's so excited by it as she was doubtful it would work. She only wants to lose about a stone in total or thereabouts so it's a good start for her. I may be able to encourage her onto minimins at some point, who knows!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Sunday - Mix to Max

B - toast (B), beans
L - SW chips, mushy peas, egg
D - (Cooking right now and smells so good) beef goulash, veggies, potatoes (B)
Milk for Brews (A)
Snack (later) babybel light (A).

And I may have a piece of (wait for it) choc weetabix cake. I made it this morning at daughter's request - you know me and the 'don't make cake out of weird stuff' rule, but I got the recipe from a friend and it actually looks ok now I've made it, a lot better than it looked last time. It's 12 syns or 2 Bs for the whole cake so I'll go put it in the recipe sticky (although you cake lovers probably already make it).

Also, I managed a little trip to the gym this morning so feel rather smug and virtuous right now.

Have a lovely Sunday - what's left of it!

Well after trying EE last week, and sticking to SW 100% I have to add, I was gutted to get a 2lb GAIN on Monday. I made sure my As and Bs were 1 per day of each on EE days, measured where I had to, stayed in syns etc but flamin well gained!
You know me folk, when I stick to it I stick to it.
The thing is, I think, EE isn't really designed for the meals that we think it would be great to have it with eg spag bol. Even made from scratch with tinned toms and if you add mushrooms onions and peppers, there's no way that superfree food would be a third of the meal when you take into account the meat and the pasta. The same would go for chilli and rice and curry and rice. So tread carefully. Those who lost on EE were saying that they had eaten things like chicken, veg and potatoes on EE when superfree could easily be a third, but you could have this meal before anyway just weighing either the suds or the meat.
So I was really disappointed and don't trust EE now at all. I'll save it for those times when I have a meal out but won't bother with it day to day.

(And I'm NOT changing my ticker!!)

On a lighter note, my lovely daughter sat her GCSE English Language before Christmas (all her year sat it early, I think so they can re-sit in May if need be!) and she got her result yesterday - and A*! We are really very proud of her.

Thank goodness it's weekend.....

Have a good one folk.

Hey Melanie sorry you gained this week Could there be any other reason like TOTM. Also changing food might have caused a temporary gain. You don't have to have 1/3rd plate superfree food. Thats only if you want to speed up your loss.

Maybe its easier to overeat on EE. I know I could on chilli and rice

Great news about your daughter. You must be so proud

Still grumpy about gain - EE sucks! I know it seems to be working for some, but I can't risk giving it another week - I'd be half a stone up in no time. Back to reds/greens and mix to max for me.

Today - Red

B - Hi Fi Bar (B)
L - home made spicy veg and tom soup
D - chilli lime chicken with roasted peppers and red onions and dry roast potatoes (B)

Skinny Latte (A)
Syns - dunno yet.

Have a good weekend Sue.

I'm only doing EE once or twice a week. I'm saving it for when I really fancy something like chilli and rice or curry and rice. I wont bother otherwise.

Hope you have a good weekend as well

Feel a bit more positive than I did earlier.
Had an ok day - shopping, studying and (wait for it) 30 mins on my Wii Fit - I got one this week and its really good fun. Not sure about the accuracy of the weighing as I've got mine on carpet, but I'llk try not to get hung up about it and stick to the SW scales.

Off to friends tonight - and I'm driving so I don't get leathered and drink all my syns and then some!

Back