Melissa's Diary -Vauxhall dealer trashed our car & 13lb to go, yippee

Ah Mindless, you are very sweet
with such nice things to say
Thanks for dropping by this thread,
Your poem made my day !:D

Ok not such a good poem as yours ! :p

Xmas day - I'm stuffed !

Well I decided not to break the diet over Xmas but did want a special day so decided to make a choccy LL shake with mix a mousse so I got a pudding like everyone else and treat myself to a bottle of Coke Zero which won't bring me out of ketosis.

I had a mushroom soup and then found that the mousse was perfect in the fridge. Was pleased as it was my first attempt :) . I started to eat it and it was yummy but having had the soup and quarter a glass of Coke Zero I couldn't manage more than half. So It's back int he fridge for later. What a goody two shoes eh ?:p :eek:

Actually i am delighted to feel so stuffed as I really really won't be tempted by any food today. Ketosis is a brilliant mechanism isn't it ?

Hope everyone else is having a fab day whether you have decided to eat or not.:)

Fantastic Melissa... in hindsight I wish I had stuck to SS today!! Read my diary for all the gory details.. but I ate half a roast dinner (okay as I had planned to in advance), a dessertspoon of xmas pud with a teaspoon of whipped cream (also okay coz planned), glass of champagne..............

But then I got home, decided to drink the half bottle of champagne that my sis had bought me... my head told me it was better to get it drank today whilst I had messed up my ketosis rather than wait for the diet to end (of course I should have realised that this was wrong.. since I have NEVER listened to this voice before)... anyway it gets worse

With the champagne... I told myself it was okay to eat the six biscuits that I have had in the cupboard since the diet began!!!!!!!!!! 10 damn weeks them biscuits have sat there and I haven't given them a second thought.. and now they have gone!!!!!!

I am disappointed with myself .. but I also see that something positive has to come out of this and not only do I need to be back on track tomorrow - which I will be .... But I also clearly have some food issues to deal with before the diet ends

Thanks everyone ! Kirstin - we all do mad things after a drink. Champagne goes straight to my head, so its not suprising that you went for the biccies. Just an alcohol induced min-binge. You won't go back there !

Boxing day was more difficult than Xmas day as I was with all 3 step sons so there was much more food and drink about. I still didn't give in though ! In fact the opposite as I hadn't seen 2 of them for months and they were full of compliments and I was just so damn pleased to be 4 stone+ lighter than last Xmas.:D

However, this is how I got by - sniffing everthing ! Had a lingering sniff of the Xmas pud, toblerones, prawns, cake etc. And it worked ! Having got the smell firmly in my system it kinda felt like I had eaten the food so then it held no magic for me. However I can't stop really sniffing, and I mean REALLY inhaling lungfulls of yummy stuff. I suppose its harmless though:eek: :)

lol melissa... I admire u for ur ability to sniff... I can stand any number of people eating in the same room as me..... the smell of the food gets to me though! Sometimes I don't notice it.. other times I feel I may drown in a pool of drool.. lol TMI maybe!!!!!

Thats it now.. xmas is over, normality is resumed and you can give urself a huge pat on the back for not straying!

Thanks Kirstin, I am really looking forward to it.:D

I didn't have an LL class on Wednesday so I weighed myself on my scales which usually agree with my LLc's and I had lost another 2kg. Very pleased about that for Xmas week !:) I change weigh in day to Tuesday next week when I join the development group so I will know the truth then but I am optimistic !

I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to go into normal shops like Next for the sales and get loads of cheap bargains ! Ok so still buying 18/20's and a few 16's for some motivation but hey, last Xmas I was in 28/30's ! :eek:

Out of habit I went into Evans and didn't need or want a thing in there ! It felt good to walk out of there with nothing as I would normally be scrabbling around for any bargain in there. And to be honest their sale was not cheap at all.

Coke Zero is fab !:D It was my only Xmas "cheat" but I am in ketosis for sure as I am just not hungry. Coke Zero tastes like real coke to me unlike diet coke which I have drunk for years.

Anyway, must get off this site and go pack for the morning !
Happy New Year anyone reading !
Melissa

Got weighed in tonight and am so glad that I abstained for Xmas and New Year as I have lost just under 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks!:D Am really pleased about that because with all the awful weather I haven't done any of the walks and things that I had planned.

Being in Cornwall for New Year was great but it was hard resisting all the food. I did carry on having Coke Zero and it must be fine because the keto sick was lovely and pink tonight at the weigh in.

So just a house move to cope with on Monday ! Should be a breeze after not eating over Xmas and New Year :)

What an amazing thing to do, I have so much admiration for you, wow, the house move will be fine, if you can do this, you can do ANYTHING!!!!

Well done x

Woo Hoo, 7lbs over Xmas and NY is fantastic, well done, Nothing will stop you now. Good luck for your house move, I'm moving in 5months time, hence counting down the days till then..

Got weighed in tonight and am so glad that I abstained for Xmas and New Year as I have lost just under 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks!:D Am really pleased about that because with all the awful weather I haven't done any of the walks and things that I had planned.

Being in Cornwall for New Year was great but it was hard resisting all the food. I did carry on having Coke Zero and it must be fine because the keto sick was lovely and pink tonight at the weigh in.

So just a house move to cope with on Monday ! Should be a breeze after not eating over Xmas and New Year :)

Well done Mel, thats amazing, you rock!!! I wish, I wish, I wish that I could say the same thing, but hey ho. Onwards and upwards. Soz haven't popped by for a few days, haven't spent too much time on here this week being back and work and feeling sorry for myself at various opportunities!!

Am soooo happy for you, you keep going, you are doing brilliantly. xxx

All power to you Mel.

Difficult time of year to lose, when the nation puts on.

Best Wishes

Back