Melissa's Diary -Vauxhall dealer trashed our car & 13lb to go, yippee

Yes its getting harder, I was just moaning on another thread !:) I got into a size 12 skirt today - white and floaty - only coz it has an elastic waist band but after size 26/28 I feel I am there ! And I am not !:sigh:

This is amazing Mel. So many sizes just gone forever...in just over 6 months!!! You have a sensible approach to maintenance and WILL succeed. You may not be there yet...but you are knocking on the door. Well Done.

Thanks for your comment on my thread Mel, all I can advise is when you get to goal, make strict maintenance guidelines.. that was always my intention on reaching goal.. I just fell off the wagon a stone and half shy of the goal .. until now of course.

Yes I will be strict with maintenance or all this is for nothing and I couldn't bear that:(

I thought I would be scared to eat, but it is amazing how quickly you get back into the habit of eating what you want - mainly because you have been denied it for so long - it makes it worse!

Mmmmmhhh I wondered if that would be the case. I am hoping my stomach has shrunk so much that I just won't want vast quantities. I am up for treats eventually but in balance and counter acted by exercise.

My intentions on reaching goal were to set myself the odd treat days, but not pig out and the rest of the time to eat healthy home-cooked food.. may revise this slightly.. I intend to do the full maintenance thing first and get down another stone after my 10 1/2 stone target... but will see how I feel at 10 1/2 stone first.

I am hoping to still lose in maintenance too. You will see my ticker gets me to roughly 25 BMI but I want to be less than that.

You have done brilliantly and have been so in control, I think all you need to do is adapt that control into introducing food and you will be fine.

PS been to Rockingham Castle today on a date.. they also had nice tea-rooms with lovely food - my date ate.. I told him I was on a diet and instead had a coffee and watched him eat his cream tea!!! (Didn't even drool!) ;)

Well done ! It isn't easy but you do feel quite virtous don't you :D

Put like that it makes your achievement even greater.

and it makes you realise my desperation, even for the boring AAM :D

Haven't you had an AAM week/day/moment? Nope :eek:
(did you have to have Drs permission for this?) Yes :)
Have you not had a pick at any thing? Nope :eek: Thin end of the wedge. Once I would have crossed that boundary of food/no food ....I dare to think. best not to go there :D

(eg I have always loved cauliflower stalk-ever since i was a small hild when mum & I used to share it.When ever i do cauli for the family I eat the stalk.No cals ,no carbs,no guilt. I don't even think of it as cheating-just my little nibble as i prepare supper)Never thought of it like that, if it stops you nibbling naughty stuff then well worth I'd say.

I really take my hat off to you!

Cheers but I think I am motivated by fear of cocking it all up rather than being such a goody-2-shoes :D So much an investement of time, money and effort, why waste it ?:)

OMG Melissa - hang on tot hat thought for another 18 lb:rolleyes:

This is amazing Mel. So many sizes just gone forever...in just over 6 months!!! You have a sensible approach to maintenance and WILL succeed. You may not be there yet...but you are knocking on the door. Well Done.

I hope those damn sizes are gone forever. I am SO used to not shopping in Evans now and like it a lot ;)

The thought of maintenance is damn scarey but I am determined to suceed rather than have done all this for nothing. But when I think i lived through Xmas and Easter, its just blooming food and I aint gonna give it too much power like I have in the past.:)

The thought of maintenance is damn scarey but I am determined to suceed rather than have done all this for nothing. But when I think i lived through Xmas and Easter, its just blooming food and I aint gonna give it too much power like I have in the past.:)

with atttudes like that-can't see you slipping back.
the food-not-regaining -it's-power angle is a biggie isn't it.
Do you think it's the key in your case?

please,will you keep up your diary in maintainance?

with atttudes like that-can't see you slipping back.
the food-not-regaining -it's-power angle is a biggie isn't it.
Do you think it's the key in your case?

please,will you keep up your diary in maintainance?

Yes I think in the past I have invested food with such a lot of power. I believed it could heal all my emotions and problems just by filling myself up with it. Actually it never did cure the stress, anger, boredom or whatever so why I believed it did so I don't know now !:eek:

I also believed that the food had the control but I know now that I do ! It can't make me eat it :D That sounds pretty fundamental but its a real learning point for me.

Yes I am sure I will whittle on in a maintenance diary, you can rely on that :)

Disappointing weight loss this week, 1kg exactly so counting it as 2lb for the ticker....however it makes it 16lb to go till I get food :) Not sure why I didn't lose the usual 3-4, not TOTM but I think I have been less active this week so maybe its that.

Easter was nice ! I had 2 non-food pressies. Some really sweet egg cups that look like cracked egg shells and bunny spoons from Whittards and my OH decided that he would buy me what he thought was an appropriate T-Shirt ! Well of all the cheek, he can't be serious !:eek: I wore it on Monday though :)
But I mean, from what you lot know of me, Bossy ???? It's ok, you don't have to answer that !:D Sorry its not a brill photo, its a phone one.

LittleMissBossyJP.jpg

lol @ tshirt Mel...

Re: 2kg weightloss - you will probably lose more next week, when I was a dedicated good girl I had a 2lb loss one week for no reason - was gutted.. but it went back to the normal 4lbs the following week. It all evens out I guess.

Its a lovely photo. Very pretty place too.

Thanks ! It was a lovely sunny day on BH Monday wasn't it ? Just right for watching the narrow boats go by and watching other people do the hard work of getting through the locks :)

lol @ tshirt Mel...

Re: 2kg weightloss - you will probably lose more next week, when I was a dedicated good girl I had a 2lb loss one week for no reason - was gutted.. but it went back to the normal 4lbs the following week. It all evens out I guess.

Yes I am hoping it will even out next time. I'm sure it has happened before.

LOL at the tee-shirt too!

Photo looks great - where is it?? We have lots of canals and locks here in Middlewich too.

Thanks. We were on the Kennett & Avon canal in Berkshire or maybe Wiltshire......we crossed over a county border at some stage :) . I use the word "on" very loosely, no hard work involved, just watching the world go by !

great pic.
you've changed even since you last posted a pic before your swimming hols.
you must be so proud of yourself.!!

Hey Mel,just found your pics on the before-after thread.
Would you consider giving canal-babe pic to mini to put up beside them a you most def look even better now!

Hey Mel,just found your pics on the before-after thread.
Would you consider giving canal-babe pic to mini to put up beside them a you most def look even better now!

Its amazing how quick one changes on these VLCDs isn't it ? I am only about 7lb lighter than the picie before.

Hi, I love the T-shirt!! Forget the bossy bit I - it says LITTLE!!! :)

He he. :giggle: .....never thought of that !

Hopefully I will be moving down to Cornwall really soon now so today I decided while I was in town I would get some jeans from M&S in the next size down. The nearest M&S to where I will be living is about 40 miles away so I was trying to be practical :)

It seemed so ridiculous to be buying size 12 but I thought "Oh well I WILL get into them one day" ....determination....they will be a motivator for me !

Not long home and thought I would try them on before packing them away.............and

:eek: OMG THEY FIT- SIZE 12 JEANS FIT !!!!!!:D :wow:

Must e-bay those size 28/30's ! I am not going there again! This is too much fun !

Perhaps I need to go back and get some size 10's to take to Cornwall :cool:

Back