Melly's food diary

mellymelz

Well here goes.... Been a yoyo dieter all my life and my weight four weeks ago was 17stone which is the heaviest I've ever been . I'm now 16st 4lbs so certainly going in the right direction. Decided to keep a diary to keep me on the straight and narrow and help is thoroughly welcome.

Today's entries - 2/5/2012

Having a red day today , find red days really hard but need to boost my weight loss.

Breakfast
Weetabix and milk HEa & HEb

Mid morning
Banana

Lunch
Chicken salad, Sainsburys good for you beet root salad and a muller light yogart

Dinner
Sardine toasted sandwich (bread as HEb)
Mullerlight yogart (used marg so 2syns)

Might have a curly wurly later = 6syn

Total syns = 8

Thursday the 3rd May - EE day

Breakfast
Had a slice of toast with marg and peanut butter ( really fancied it , then calculated syns to 12 and then wished I hadn't had it)

Lunch
Made up some syn free couscous with chili beef and chargrilled veg - was really yummy and have some left for lunch tomorrow at work .

mellymelz said:
Thursday the 3rd May - EE day

Breakfast
Had a slice of toast with marg and peanut butter ( really fancied it , then calculated syns to 12 and then wished I hadn't had it)

Lunch
Made up some syn free couscous with chili beef and chargrilled veg - was really yummy and have some left for lunch tomorrow at work .

Snack - grapes

Dinner
Rice and a quorn casserole ( which I couldn't eat don't think I will buy quorn again) , strawberries

I love peanut butter and I did the exact same thing with it when i had it on plan.....had a little slither on 2 slices toast and then looked up the syns!!! What a swizz!!! I miss peanut butter!!! :cry:x

Lol I know what u mean I made two slices and looked up syns whilst eating it , couldn't eat the other slice lol

Hooray it's Friday and the weekends here !!

Breakfast - EE day
2x weetabix and hot milk (HEA &HEB)

Mid morning
Banana

Lunch
Couscous with med roast veg, chilli beef and beet root salad and a mullerlight yogart

Dinner
Scrambled egg, beans and two slices of whole meal bread (about 6syns), mullerlight. Yogart and strawberries

Snack
1 Jaffa cake (2 syns)

Total syns : 8 syns

Saturday today doing a red day today as going out for dinner . Not expecting it to be a good day diet wise but here goes

Breakfast
Bacon sarnie with bread as HEb

Lunch
Melon, strawberries and mullet light

Well yesterday was a total
Disaster two bottles of wine and steak and chips and the mother of all hangovers today . To add to my suffering (which I totally deserve) had to get up at 6am (still pissed) and get everyone up
to go to football as my son was playing . Was out of the house by 7am ( an ungodly hour for a Sunday) , couldn't face breakfast then by 10am feeling sick and needed to eat. All I could find was a cheese sandwich so not exactly on plan today either.

I made the peanut butter mistake too! Such a shame, it's so nice... I had a disaster day yesterday too, don't let it knock you back though! Just write it off and start afresh tomorrow, I'm sure you'll feel better for it :) Good luck!

Yes I'm sure your right just worried I've now put all the weight I have tried so hard to loose , back on again.

It happens sometimes :) Doesn't mean you can't lose it again, although it is a bit of a pain in the ass :p

Ok Monday 7th May and back on track - red day

Breakfast
2x weetabix and milk (HEa & HEb)

Midmorning
Banana and some melon

Lunch
Roast chili beef, jacket pot and cheese (HEa & HEb), butter (2 syns) , salad and mullerlight yogart

Dinner
Steak and salad

Tuesday red day

Breakfast
2x weetabix and milk (HEa &b)

Lunch
Jacket potatoe (HEb & HEa)
Mullerlight yogart

Dinner
Chicken & salad
Strawberries and banana

Hi mellymelz,

been nice to read through your diary and find im not the only one who had a bad diet weekend. Strictly back on plan as of today though :).

Is your chilli beef like mexican tomato sauce? it sounds yummy whatever it is :)

I found it in tesco it's called Make a Meal with Chilli beef and they also do one that's a mustard gammon both are lovely and syn free on a red and EE day . Especially when you don't have much time they are quick and easy as you can have them hot or cold . Added to which tesco are doing three packs for £5 at the mo

mellymelz said:
Tuesday red day

Breakfast
2x weetabix and milk (HEa &b)

Lunch
Jacket potatoe , butter (2 syns) and cheese (HEb & HEa) and beans
Mullerlight yogart

Dinner
Chicken & salad
Strawberries and melon

Snax
Banana , Jaffa cake (2syns)

I've made some magi pancakes mix for breakie tomorrow . Soaking the oats and yogart in fridge now hope they turn out ok, watch this space lol

Oooh, excited to see how they turned out, I've tried another pancake recipe (which was ok), but would like to try magic pancakes if they come out ok :p

thats brill... i'm off to tesco's in the morning anyway so will definitely be added to my list. thanks for the heads up :)

Well made the magic pancakes. They looked like pancakes but had a funny yogart taste which I didn't like and couldn't eat them.... Thoroughly disappointed with them

Back