Total Solution Mels Exante Diary

mels72

So I have been on Exante for 1 week and 4 days and I have just reached my first stone.. Started at 16 stone 12 and today weighed in at 15 stone 12...

I was soo pleased to get past that 16 stone mark.

I have tried Lipotrim in the past with a lot of success - I lost 4 stone on it.. But with marriage and a baby put weight back on.. Luckily not as much as I lost.

I have tried Exante mainly because of the flexibility and the ability to manage it myself and so far so good

I bought the 50 pack with the free mousse mix and have been living on chocolate and strawberry shakes and the mousse since a week last tuesday. I am going to try the booster pack next week so I can try the bars and other flavours

My biggest problem has been the urge to eat when I am bored .. but going to bed early helps when I am in that frame of mind.

I have been able to make food for my 2 year old and resist picking .. I have realised how much I was picking when cooking over the last week or so.

next week is going to be tricky .. I have a team meeting including a restaurant meal for lunch .. any suggestions on what I can nibble on that wont break ketosis too much?

Today I managed 20 minutes on the cross trainer so I am hoping to put exercise into my routine too.

I have more energy and already my body has stopped protesting at my weight. It is worth the challenges if you can get over the need to eat every so often.

Plan 1 - 12 weeks total solution
Plan 2 - move to simple solution till reach 11 stone 10

Start weight - 16 stone 12
Week 1 - 16 stone - lost 12lbs :clap:
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

Mels xx

Last edited:
Well today have tried the chocolate shake made with peppermint tea and a little bit of sweetner and actually it wasn't bad. Not sure I liked the consistency.. It was a little thick but it definately gave the shake a bit more zing.

My favourite flavour of the 2 is the strawberry and that works well as a mousse. I do worry that adjusting the shakes will slow weight loss down but hey.

I also need to get out of the habit of weighing every day. I bought a new size 18 skirt on Saturday which was snug when I put it on and is now much looser so I need to take heart from that. Also my belly is definately shrinking.

I am paranoid however I am going to be left with a very saggy belly which won't go away. What is everyone elses experience with losing weight quickly and skin adjusting?

Last time I tried this I was 35 and hadn't had a baby.. so I am not sure whether passing the 40 milestone and having my daughter will have done a bit too much damage.

Start weight - 16 stone 12 :cry:
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

Melsxx

Hi Mels and welcome. I'm a bit worried about getting saggy skin too but am going to try to improve my odds by exercising after I return from holiday - I go next Wednesday. You're doing well so far!

I have lost at a very slow rate (2lb or so a week)! But I can feel a little bit of baggy skin especially on my arms. As Lynne says exercise does help, my legs are very toned and as I have lost the weight the muscle definition is really pronounced. Good luck

Thanks guys,

I have not really had the energy to exercise the last couple of days as the heat is a little exhausting. I have also had to really get over food cravings as sunshine equals bbq's all around our garden so my craving for a hamburger has been massive...

I snuffled a very small slice of advocado today while making my husbands and daughters tea and that is the first thing I have eaten since I started but not going to beat myself up about it as it was half a thin slice..

I have managed to lose a bit more so looking forward to my official weigh in Tuesday morning and currently debating with myself whether I am going to go for food or milk after week 3.. Not sure at the moment. What has everyone else done?

I am really looking forward to receiving my booster pack on Tuesday as it has soup, bars and porridge so I will at last get a bit of variety from strawberry and chocolate shakes. I made my daughter some chocolate milk yesterday and realised after this diet chocolate milkshake will not be on the top of my love food list .. lolz

Lynne you are doing really well .. have you managed it with just shakes etc or have you had the odd lapse in there?

Shrimp - are you doing the total or going for the simple etc?

I have decided 12 weeks total then move to Simple what ever the weight.

Well done guys though you are doing well and here is to our new bodies and health..

Mels xx

Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

Last edited:
Hi Mels. I've been doing total since 28th April. I've had a few lapses - quite a lot really - but not big ones. Also I went off the diet when I went to London for a couple of days and also for one day on my birthday. I'll definitely be going off the diet when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks from next Thursday. After that I'll be back for 4 weeks when I'll do TS again and then I'm going on another 2 week holikday when I won't diet. I'm going to try to keep the carbs down though when I'm off plan.

Well hello everyone .. that is it official weigh in today and I weighed in with a 5lb loss this morning ... yey.. So chuffed. It was really hard yesterday as my 2 year old decided to play up all day. By the end of the day I was soo stressed I could have devoured a stale sandwich if it made me feel better. What is worse that I made her and my husband susage and mash for their tea one of my favourite comfort food meals.. Still I was very good stuck to the shakes and coffee.

My booster pack comes today and I am so excited about trying all the differenct options in there. How sad is that lolz. But atleast it will be a change from strawberry and chocolate shakes.

I am still not sure whether I will eat in my low calorie week I am not sure I am strong enough yet to not fall off the wagon. Atleast with milk I can indulge in the odd capaccino - another one of my sins..

Good luck killajules - i hope you do well and it will fall off you in no time I am sure. Do you have much to lose?

Melsxx

Week 2 - 15 stone 9lbs - lost 5lbs (17lbs total):happy036:
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

5lb is incredible!! Congrats :)

I have a good 70 ish pounds to lose so it's going to take a while!!

I'm hoping that my 8week old will keep me so preoccupied that I don't think about food!!

Congrats again on your loss!

Well done Mels. A good loss!

Well yesterday was our team meeting which involved lunch at a quayside brasserrie..It was soo nice with the weather. Wasn't sure what to do so opted for a chicken breast with a portion of peas, beans and green leaves no dressing.

During the cruise the boss bought pastries for everyone and they kept putting them in front of me.. They smelt amazing.. But I was very good and resisted.

I did slightly sin a little last night and pinched a chocolate mouse as well so not a great day and back to shakes etc today.

I tried the orange chocolate bar yesterday and the thai soup.. the bar was lush and very refreshing in the hot weather as the orange tasted very tangy. The thai soup was quite nice as well .. very tangy with the lemongrass flavour..

I tried the porridge this morning added a dash of nutmeg and sweetner (probably didn't need the sweetner tbh). Does anyone know what consistency the porridge is supposed to be? I put the required amount of water in 200mls and I ended up drinking it...

Mels xx

Week 2 - 15 stone 9lbs - lost 5lbs (17lbs total):happy036:
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

I just keep cooking the porridge for another few seconds and stirring until it starts to thicken and then let it stand and it gets thicker. It's a case of trial and error.

Well hubbie started the exante diet yesterday. His first comments to me were how did you not murder me when I sat and ate food in front of you.. I had to laugh.

The bad news is that we have bought some new scales. These are digital which are more accurate than the old fashioned scales I had. The problem is I am 5 pounds heavier on the digital scales.. arrrrggghhh. So I have adjusted all my weights by 5 pounds and tried not to get too disheartened. I have to remind myself that I have still lost the same amount of weight.

Saturday was challenging as we took our daughter to our local farm and both Hubbie and daughter tucked into sausage rolls and chips (sausages and sausage rolls are on my top comfort food lists) I was sitting there inhaling ... lolz.

This week is low calorie week so I am eating as well as having shakes. I have bought a a few chicken breasts and will have them with green leaves, advocado and broad beans and peas. If i can lose 1lb this week then I will be happy or atleast not put any weight on.

Wish me luck...

Mels xx

(Adjusted for new scales) Start weight - 17 stone 3 :cry:
Week 1 - 16 stone 5lbs - lost 12lbs :clap:
Week 2 - 16 stone - lost 5lbs (17lbs total):happy036:
Week 3 - 15 stone 11lbs - lost 3lbs (21lbs total) :)
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

I wouldn't worry about the 5lb difference on the scales. It doesn't affect how much you've lost. Hope you have a good week.

OK so I have lost my obsession with food and now found an obsession with scales. I am so obsessed with weighing at least twice a day its getting a bit daft. It feels like I have been stuck at 15stone 11 for ever and actually it is only 3 or 4 days but because I am weighing myself too many times it is starting to get me down.

It is my food week this week and I know I should be happy if I stay the same or lose a pound but I am getting a bit ridiculously impatient.. Hubbie started the shakes on Sunday and has lost 7lbs already and so my ultra competitive nature is also kicking in..

So I am going to make a new vow - I am going to stop weighing and I will weigh on the 20th August. I have read a few posts on this forum from women who are getting as mad as me and are tied to the scales and have found it liberating to move their weigh in to once a month. So I am going to follow suit. Someone wrote on their post that they were doing this diet anyway regardless of what the scales told them so they just decided to follow the plan day to day and see what the effect is at the end of the months weigh in. I like that philosophy so I am going to try it..

If worst comes to worst and I can't manage it I will get hubbie to hide the scales as a last resort.. Lolz

Mels xx

Week 3 - 15 stone 11lbs - lost 3lbs (20lbs total) :)
20th August Weigh in -
20th September Weigh in -
End of September - Decision time - stick with TS or move to WS?????

OK so I am failing miserably at the not weighing myself every day resolution. Also I have not lost any weight this week. Is that normal? I have been angel and not cheated.

Does anyone have experience with weeks where no weight is lost?

It is starting to get me down to be honest...

Mels xxx

Yes, if you look through the diaries people do sometimes stay the same or have a really small loss. The important thing is to keep at it and not be disheartened. Next week may be a good loss.

Thanks lynneonexante,

I have been very good and keeping going and I am still determind. I suppose I will worry more if I have not lost anything after 2 weeks.

I have tried the 2 new meals namely chilli and shepards pie. Not bad. It basically like eating something with the consistency of mash potatoes with undertones of flavour of both chilli and shepards pie. Is useful if you feel you want to eat something.

Melsxx

Well had official weigh day today and panic over. I have lost 2 pounds this week bringing my monthly total to 22lbs... Yey. So I have lost a stone and a half in 4 weeks. So hopefully I will achieve the 3 stone by the end of the 12 weeks. It got touch and go mainly due to my paranoia over weighing way too many times a day and in a week. But I have started to shift the weight a bit again.

I feel better but have struggled this week with too many urges to eat than I can count but I have been very good and not succumbed. Even to the point today that I cooked the kids pasta and I put a small pasta shape in my mouth to test it was cooked and spat it out. ... How obsessive have I become. Hubbie is doing really well as well he will be losing his first stone next week but we are now talking constantly about what we would like to eat and how we want to eat when we reach goal weight.

I have promised myself I will do this for 12 weeks see what weight I am and then make a decision as to whether I will do another 12 weeks or move to the one meal for 400 calories a day method. I am still undecided and will cross that bridge when I get to it. In some respectes it has been the longest 4 weeks of my life in others it has flown by. But overall so far so good...

Mels xxx

Week 3 - 15 stone 11lbs - lost 3lbs (20lbs total) :)
Week 4 - 15 stone 9lbs - lost 2lbs (22lbs total)
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

That is brilliant news...so worth sticking to your plan

Back