Mels Food Diary (Newbie - feel free check!!)

melarnz

Silver Member
Thursday 13th May - EE

Got up extremely early today, it was also a weird day as not at work or home.

Pre Breakfast - Banana, natural yoghurt, strawberries and 1tsp honey (1)

Breakfast - x2 weetabix and milk HEXAB

Lunch - wholemeal pasta with spring onion, tomatoes, red and yellow pepper, 14 olives mmm (2) babycorn, 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1)

Snack - banana and mullerlight

Dinner - lean mince burgers x1 roll (5.5), SW chips, asparagus tips, carrots, runner beans, peas

Pudding - Banana, natural yoghurt, strawberries and honey (1)

Total Syns - 10

I think I went a bit crazy today, because I could. From now on I will limit bananas to 1 (maybe 2) and try to eat when i am hungry, not because i can!!

Friday 14th May 2010 - Green Day

Breakfast - Oats so simple (5.5) milk HEXA frozen fruit

Snack - Mullerlight and banana

Lunch - x4 slices nimble bread, Hexb x2. x2 sliced boiled egg, 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1), shredded lettece

Snack - strawberry mullerlight and strawberries

Dinner - quorn sausages, sw chips, beans

Banana and frozen fruit with natural yoghurt,

1 tiny sliver of birthday cake (unsure on syns, but have only used 6.5 so I will count it as the rest!)

Last edited:
Looks like you are doing well so far on the menu planning.
Congratulations on the fabulous weight loss so far. Have you lost the 100lbs with SW?
EDIT: oops just noticed it said Lighter Life next to your profile.
Anyways...a great loss- You must feel great!

I feel much better than I did!! I am trying to loose the last few stone with SW. Finding hard to believe that I can lose whilst eating sooooo much. I am sticking to it 100% so I will find out next wednesday!

good luck for weds :)

Thanks for the tip lou!!

Today I went a bit crazy on my syns. however, i am not going to beat myself up about it. I will just cut back tomorrow!

Saturday 15th May - Green Day

Breakfast - x2 oats so simple (Hexb's) and milk from (Hexa) mixed with SS berries

Snack: Mullerlight with Pineapple

Lunch: Jacket potato with 1 tin beans and 84g reduced fat cheese (1 Hexa and 6 syns)

Snacks: Cornetto 9.5 - 1/2 packet small fries macdonalds 4.5

Dinner: stirfry with 4 quorn fillets, half jar black bean sauce 4.5, Beansprouts, red pepper, yellow pepper, chestnut mushrooms, baby sweetcorn.

Snack: mound of banana, strawberries, berries and natural yoghurt.

Total syns 24.5!!!!

Things learnt today:
-84 grams is ALOT of cheese!! Dont need that much.
-I dont need to put everything on my plate. If I do I will eat it!
-Get points for something before I eat it. I would never have eaten the cornetto had i known it was that many points

Things I did right today.

-Controlled my eating. went to mcdonalds and instead of picking and not counting, i bought a small fries to share with my little one.
-even though i went way over on my points i didnt say 'sod it, ive blown it now'. i counted it and i will cut back by 5 points tomorrow and Monday
- I did a salsa exercise class today. I looked like an idiot, but everything i had into it so i burned more calories.

Things learnt today:
-84 grams is ALOT of cheese!! Dont need that much.
-I dont need to put everything on my plate. If I do I will eat it!
-Get points for something before I eat it. I would never have eaten the cornetto had i known it was that many points

Things I did right today.

-Controlled my eating. went to mcdonalds and instead of picking and not counting, i bought a small fries to share with my little one.
-even though i went way over on my points i didnt say 'sod it, ive blown it now'. i counted it and i will cut back by 5 points tomorrow and Monday
- I did a salsa exercise class today. I looked like an idiot, but everything i had into it so i burned more calories.

Love this.....you should be proud of this and the honesty to yourself
xx

Sunday 16th May - Extra Easy

Breakfast: oats Hexb, berries and half milk fron HexA

Snack: Banana, strawberry natural yoghurt

Lunch: Jacket, tin of tuna, 3 tbsp ex light mayo 2.5, spring onions, baby sweetcorn, green salad, half cheese Hexa

Snack: pineapple, strawberry, natural yoghurt

Dinner: roast chicken, roast potatoes done with frylight, cabbage, swede and carrot mash with quark, brocolli and cauliflour, gravy 2.5

Pudding: Pinapple, strawberry, banana, mullerlight yoghurt

Hey :)

I saw your other post so thought I'd have a little look at your diary :) it all looks good to me. You seem to be eating all good foods and eating your full 1/3 on EE days.

I get bloated a lot when I eat too much fruit so it might be that. I listened to some good advice from fellow minimin-ers and I've started to eat 1/2 pots of Activia FF Yogurts everyday and that's really worked. I'm not as bloated anymore. I also make sure I have a lot of fluids during the day. Do you drink water/squash during the day? If not, then maybe up your intake :)

Other than that you seem to be doing great. Keep it up :D

Thanks Geordie, I do drink plenty of water. It's a habit I picked from my lighterlife days. I drink about 2 litres a day. I may try a few red days, and calm down on the carbs.

I suppose my weigh in Wednesday will be the proof in the pudding!!

Yeah maybe try different days. Bit of variety :)

Good luck for Wed - let me know how it goes?

Will do!! Thanks for taking the time to look x

Monday 17th May - Green

Breakfast: x2 weetabix and milk with banana (Hex a & b)

Snack: Mullerlight

Lunch: pasta, 14 olives (2), cucumber, baby sweetcorn, cherry toms, red pepper, spring onion, 3 tbsp pesto (10.5)

Snack: x3 alpen bars 1 Hex b and (3) mullerlight and pineapple

Dinner: Quorn sausages, sw chips and beans

Pudding: fruit and natural yoghurt

Syns: 15.5

What I have learnt today.....Dont waste 10.5 syns on pesto when it is going into a dish full of wet veg. You can hardly taste it and it is a waste of pesto and syns!!

Last edited:
Tuesday 18th May Green Day

Breakfast: Porridge, milk (Hex a) and berries

Snack: muller and strawberries

Lunch: x2 boiled egg sarnies with extra light mayo and salad (2 Hex B plus 1.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 alpen light bars (6), natural yoghurt, banana and strawberries

Dinner: Quiche made with quorn sausages, onion and mushrooms

Syns - 7.5

Last edited:
So far so good thanks. I'm a bit worried about my portion sizes, but as it says free, I go for it. I will worry about it when I stop losing weight lol

I'm loving it to be honest. I'm going to see if I can do some red days this week, just to try them. But I don't know what to have for lunch!!

hiya well done with the amazing weight loss its pictures like yours that i find really inspirational

good luck xx

So far so good thanks. I'm a bit worried about my portion sizes, but as it says free, I go for it. I will worry about it when I stop losing weight lol

I'm loving it to be honest. I'm going to see if I can do some red days this week, just to try them. But I don't know what to have for lunch!!

I have quite a few red days now....check my diary for ideas but I tend to have
Salads with either Tikka Chicken, Ham, Salmon, Tuna and Egg
Bacon and Onion Quiche
Leftover Chicken Curries or Chilli's
Scotch Eggs

Hope this helps
xxx

Thanks for the support guys. I think being a minimin makes it so much easier!!

I lost 4.5 last night at WI. So yay!!!!

Back