Memoirs of a girl called FUNCURLS!!

Fanx for the encouragement hunny!! You'll have your 3 1/2 in no time too the way you're goin!!XXX

You wish and you will!! Just saw your post about 'Your Song' on your wedding night!! It's one of my fave songs ever!! Dai & I had Elton's 'Can you feel the love tonight' which was lush! We both went to see The Lion King in London the weekend we got engaged so it was really fitting!!X

aww i wish i had your enthusiasm - yeah we love that song - its such a classic!!!! Elton did good!

xxx

Yayy!! After feeling down in the dumps the last couple of weeks, partly money stress, partly because my friend's Mum died and that took it out of me, partly crazy hormones and partly because I've been frustrated with slow weight loss, I finally had a bit of a lift today!! Firstly I went to the Odeon with my best friend Lara and saw Toy Story 3 and that really gave me a boost as the Toy Story films are possibly my favourite films ever made!! They are so witty and clever and the 3rd one was not a disappointment!! So that cheered me up no end, and then to finish the day off nicely I went to WI and had a 3.5 lb loss which gave me my 3.5 stone shiny, glittery, sparkly turquoise sticker AND had SOTW so I am so pleased!! It would be nice to be less worried about finances and not to be so worried about the people I love at the moment, but I suppose little things can sometimes relieve the anxiety a bit!! Tonight's loss has certainly put a little spring in my step and I'm not seeing the world as such a gloomy place tonight! It's a lovely feeling to have lost over 50lb! I never thought I'd see this day, and if I lose another 2lb I will have less than 20lb to go, which will just be amazing!! I can't think of anything that will stand in my way this week, so I'm just going to go for it!! I may throw in some red days and really up my superfree and see what happens!!

OK well after another 100% week I lost 1/2lb!! In the olden days I'd have been disappointed with this result after putting in so much effort, and walking my little socks off 3 times this week!! 8 miles yesterday infact!!! BUT I have learnt over the last 9 months that it's impossible for me to have good losses every single week! No matter what I do my body just won't let me!! But I also know that I will be rewarded somewhere down the line, perhaps next week, the week after, or even the week after that!! It's important to see the bigger picture and be proud of myself for what I've acheived so far! And also to keep focussed and believe that I'll get there! I realise it's going to be harder to lose the last 1 1/2 stone than it was to lose the first 3 1/2 stone, so I'm going to have to be prepared to make some changes at some point! I'm looking into joining my local gym where they have some great exercise classes in the mornings which would really suit me to do around my shifts! I'm also planning to get back into swimming perhaps once a week as I really enjoy it, even though I'm not very good at it!! X

Grrrwww!! Disappointed dot com tonight as gained 1lb after what I thought was another 100% week!! It is *week next week though and it usually effects me the week before so in that sense it's expected, but when you put the effort in (and I've done lots of walking) it would be nice to be rewarded for it!! But I should have learnt by now, on week 40, that it doesn't always work like that and that I do have a funny pattern!! If it goes how it usually does, I'm due a good loss either next week or the week after!! The only catch is that we're off to Spain on Thursday for 5 nights, which we only just booked on Friday as a last minute decision as dh has had annual leave sanctioned which he didn't expect to get, so we wanted to go somewhere just for a few nights! I'm going to be really good though- lots of salad, fish and fruit and maybe the odd paella!! I'm sure I'll be able to make good choices and get some walking in too! As long as I cut out the puds, bread, cheese and booze I shouldn't go too far wrong!! Watch this space, I hope to have some good news either next week if I'm able to weigh on another day or the week after (I may decide to take a hol wk next week!) I think the most important thing to do after a gain, whether it's deserved or not, is to see the bigger picture and move forward making wise choices! NOT to dwell on the negative which would be very easy to do and is quite frankly destructive!!

I did pilates for the first time today!! I found it very strange getting the breathing right and think it's going to take a while to get the hang of it, but I really enjoyed it! I felt quite stiff so looking forward to continuing with it and limbering up a bit more!! I'm trying to get more variety in my exercise rather than just the walking which I do mainly at the moment!! X

Thanks Louise!

Well I did indeed have a great time, but I'm sad to be reporting that things didn't go as planned on the food front!! Maybe it was a bit ambitious in hindsight to expect to be 100% perfect on a holiday in Spain! Don't get me wrong, I did have lots of nice salads, fish, seafood, paella, had muesli and banana every morning, didn't drink much and did lots of swimming! But it was all the other things that I'm pretty sure will have caused some damage!! Like bread, Alioli, cheese, salami, nuts, crisps, deep fried calamare and on the last night I had chocolate crepes which I just couldn't resist!! I'm taking a holiday week this week, so have until Monday to repair some damage, but I'm sure I'll see a gain of some sort Monday! Feeling a bit frustrated that my 4 stone sticker has been on the horizon for a while but I really don't seem to be getting any closer to it at all!! Oh well, it's important to stay positive and have a great few weeks on plan before another trip to Spain on September 23rd!! That gives me 6 weeks!! Another 10lb would be amazing but we'll see!! I enjoyed my break but the control freak in me is really pleased to be back in control of everything again!!XXXX

But it was all the other things that I'm pretty sure will have caused some damage!! Like bread, Alioli, cheese, salami, nuts, crisps, deep fried calamare and on the last night I had chocolate crepes which I just couldn't resist!!

I need to go to Spain - NOW!! Yum.

You're allowed holidays hun, enjoy it, but just remember to get back to plan when you're ready xxx

I need to go to Spain - NOW!! Yum.

You're allowed holidays hun, enjoy it, but just remember to get back to plan when you're ready xxx

Yeh thanks hun!! I've been totally back on track since Thursday morning and it's a lovely feeling! Always horrible for the first couple of days and I always have that feeling that I could easily slip and go back to old ways but then when I'm back into the swing I love it again and remember all the reasons I want to do this! It's a revelation really because I've never ever been able to go on hols and get back on the rails afterwards so I've learned new skills and I really hope I'll be able to do this through life after reaching target!!X

Well I STS this week!! I'm pretty OK with this result as lets face it, I've had nearly a week in Spain and I've come back without a gain!! Most people would be delighted with this!! I have had a few days to pull it back so any damage I did has now been put right which gives me a great feeling of control!! I am however really looking forward to seeing some progress again on the weight loss front- the past few weeks have been very slow and I feel like I've been stuck in the same place for far too long! Time to see some results again so this week I'm really staying focused!! I'm feeling very proud tonight though because I won my group's Woman of the Year award!!! A satin sash, a posh pen and holder, a certificate, a sticker and a big hug from Alicia my consultant!! I'm pretty pleased with that!! I was shamed standing there making a speech as I don't like being in the spotlight but I did it and it made me realise that I should be very proud of what I've acheived so far!!

I went swimming this morning! I did quite a bit in Spain and it made me realise how much I enjoy it! I'm not very good, infact I find it really hard putting my head underwater- my breathing goes totally to pot and I end up drinking/aspirating water! I'm strictly a breaststroke girl, and although I'm quite slow, I can do lots of lengths so I'm hoping that by going twice a week, along with my usual walking I should tone up quite nicely!! Plus I discovered that the pool is open until 10pm so I can go after a late shift sometimes! I have never found an exercise that makes me feel so calm and relaxed afterwards!! So watch this space!!

Wow! You won woman of the year at Alicia's class! Wish I'd been there to hear your speech but I had to stop going to Alicia's class because of a lack of transport. I now go to the city centre. Alicia is a hard act to follow tho! Well done you - way to go! ZXXX

By the way I've read through your posts on here and didn't you mention that your the WI lady at group? Is that right? Do you do the 5pm or the 7pm group? I'm just trying to place you so I can remember as your photo is a bit hard to make out on here as it's so small...ZXXX

Thanks so much for the lovely comment and words of support!! I was quite embarrassed to do a speech! I'm very outgoing and quite loud and chatty, but I'm not good being in the spotlight! It's a different kettle of fish!! Yes I do the 7pm class!! I (usually) have very curly hair- wear it up most of the time!! When did you come to class and what's your surname? It must have been quite recently if the classes were split as we only split them at Easter! Maybe you went to the 5pm class then did you, as it's a lot bigger, and Ruth does the weighing there (straight brown hair) although I have filled in for her a couple of times. I tried SW about 10 years ago when in my early 20s (but didn't stick at it- I think it was just the wrong time for me) but Christine was my C then!! She was (and maybe still is) very friendly with my hubbie's auntie and was at her birthday party in St Thomas years ago! She was infact Alicia's C too! Christine was very pleasant but I have to say that Alicia totally rocks!!X

Last edited:
Hi Heather I went for four out of the last five weeks, but went to the 5pm class. You're right about Alicia - she's fanatstic! A very hard act to follow. My surname is Thomas by the way. Small world!

Hi Heather I went for four out of the last five weeks, but went to the 5pm class. You're right about Alicia - she's fanatstic! A very hard act to follow. My surname is Thomas by the way. Small world!

Well how strange our paths so closely crossed hun!! Hope you're enjoying the new group!X

Wow, I feel great tonight after having lost 2.5 lb this week!! I'm so relieved because basically for the past 4 weeks I've been stuck at the same weight so now I'm starting to see progress, and I'm very excited that I'm only 2lb away from dropping down into the 11 stone somethings, which will be the first time in 10 years!! Psychologically lthat will be a big thing for me!! Another 3.5 lb and I'll have my 4 stone sticker!! That's also a very exciting prospect! I have felt positive about this journey from the very beginning last October but actually I couldn't imagine what it would feel like in this position!! To have made this much progress is so rewarding and I can't believe I've done it by eating so much food!! Sometimes I feel like a complete fraud!!X

Back