Memoirs of a girl called FUNCURLS!!

well done heather on your fantastic loss, your 3 stone will be next week, something to look forward to!!! we finished our 12 week campaign last night as well, so hoping our group has really done well, will find out next week!! well done on SOTW as well, believe it or not, I didn't win it last night at group despite losing 6lb, another great member lost 7lb!!

Hope you have a great couple of meals out!

well done Heather, thats brilliant - you are doing so well!! half a pound next week to get your next sticker!!!

xxx

Aww thanks hun!! It's such a lovely feeling dropping down into the next stone range, and I don't think it really matters which stone range it is, psychologically it's a huge thing and I've had the same feeling everytime!! Of course dropping down into the 10's is going to be the best because that will mean I'm near target!!X

Aww thanks hun!! It's such a lovely feeling dropping down into the next stone range, and I don't think it really matters which stone range it is, psychologically it's a huge thing and I've had the same feeling everytime!! Of course dropping down into the 10's is going to be the best because that will mean I'm near target!!X

What you have done funcurls is an amazing achievement! you should be so proud! I know you'll get to target! I know to other people it wont seem such a big thing but i cant wait to drop into the 18 stones range :) It a massive step dropping stone by stone and its not easy! Im not saying sw isnt or is hard work but because you have to be concious of every morsel that passes your lips that requires attention, and that is tiring and hard work!

I think still think your a inspiration! keep up the great work!

:D

What you have done funcurls is an amazing achievement! you should be so proud! I know you'll get to target! I know to other people it wont seem such a big thing but i cant wait to drop into the 18 stones range :) It a massive step dropping stone by stone and its not easy! Im not saying sw isnt or is hard work but because you have to be concious of every morsel that passes your lips that requires attention, and that is tiring and hard work!

I think still think your a inspiration! keep up the great work!

:D

Awww fanx Kissme!! As I said it doesn't matter which stone range you drop down into- you get the same buzz every time as it's a personal achievement for you!! It's all relative! Can't wait to give you a really loud WHOOP when you do it!!! Keep at it!! It can be quite tiring, but as long as you're enjoying the food you're eating that's all that matters, and makes it more enjoyable!!XXX

Well I went for a lovely girly lunch at the Harvester with some fab friends from work today and think I made good choices! Eating out can be stressful I find because you don't really know where you are or where the hidden syns are!! I went for gammon steak with a fried egg! Counted 2 syns for the gammon, incase of any fat used to cook it, 1 syn for the fried egg! I had jacket potato and peas with it and also had the salad- all free stuff apart from a small splodge of red dragon sauce (?1 syn) and took my own XL salad cream (1 syn for a tablespoon- had that tip from a fellow Miniminner so thanks for that!!). So 5 syns for a big lunch- not bad at all!! On a night shift tonight so will just eat light!! Meal no. 1 this week over and done with (don't mean to sound like it was a chore- I had a smashing time- just glad that it didn't stress me out like it could have done!!), meal no. 2 on Saturday eve!! Unknown location!:whistle:!!XXXXX

are you being whisked off to an unknown location for food - oooh!!! is it a love date? xxx well done on the Harvester choices, i usually have Boring chicken - i think its called Simply, but really, its Boring.

x

Yay thanks EB cupcake!! No it's not a romantik dinner date with dh Sat, it's my friend Gail's Birthday so we're going for food but she hasn't decided where yet!! And get this, my C Alicia is coming too, coz she's one of Gail's bezzies!! Which is great, coz she's lush, but it'll certainly keep me well in check on the food front!! Haha, she'd probably be horrified to think that I'll be conscious of what I'm eating around her! She's so down to earth and lovely! She probably won't bat an eyelid!!X

wow thats cool - i get nervous round my consultant - she was behind me in the co-op one week after club one night and i was buying champers and mini eggs!!! oooof!

x

Well the night out last night (Sat) was a great success, on both the fun AND the food front!! We started off having a civilised.....correction RAUCOUS meal! Half the menu was Chinese and half was British/Mediterranian! I chose King prawns in a spicy sauce with boiled rice! Had 3 prawn crackers and that was my lot!! Thoroughly enjoyed it though and it did really fill me up!! I haven't had a Chinese since starting SW and it made me realise how I used to cram lots of food in my mouth without even thinking about it until I was at bursting point!! I used to think I really enjoyed it but I can't have done!! I savoured every mouthful of this meal!! Afterwards we gatecrashed an 18th Birthday house party!! Actually this wasn't strictly true, my friend whose Bday we were out for had been asked to the party by the 18 yr old's Mum (she used to babysit for her and knows the family really well) and she did warn her about the entourage in tow and was told the more the merrier!! So in we went, only to be surrounded by about 50 teenagers dressed as superheroes- Superman, Wonderwoman, Spiderman, Incredible Hulk, Buzz Lightyear, Batman, Catwoman, ooh yes, they were all there, and the outfits were skimpy!! I'm only 33 and I felt very old indeed!! My friends I was with are in their 40s and 50s and they felt practically antique!! It was a bizarre night but hilarious at the same time!! I was angelic at the buffet!! I had about 6 crisps....wow, last of the big eaters!! I'd better score well at WI tomorrow or there'll be trouble!!!X

Okkaaaaay!! Weighed tonight and not best pleased!! I stayed the same, which is definitely a disappointment because I really have been 100% on plan!! On the 2 occasions I've eaten out I've been pretty angelic and have estimated my week's syns to be less than 70!! It's not star week, which usually effects my losses and I've had a pretty full on week in work so have been very active!! On this occasion I must practice what I preach, which is to say that it's not all about 1 week!! I lost 2 last week and 3 the week before, so perhaps my bod is just telling me to slow down a bit because it's not used to 2 good losses in a row!! It's not the first time this has happened- it usually follows with a good loss the following week, or the week after, so I really shouldn't get too disheartened!! I know that I'm eating a very healthy and balanced diet and exercising much more than I used to, so I know that eventually my body will find a weight it's happy with, it may just take its time, but that's OK with me!!

Today I read something here on Minimins which I found very upsetting, and it certainly put everything into perspective!! There's a girl called 'Westiegirl', or Sarah, who passed away either today or yesterday. She was only diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago and she went downhill very very quickly. I was reading her journey on her blog and she sounded like the most amazing and wonderful person and it was clear how well loved by others she was. She was only 39! Life can be so cruel sometimes- I just don't understand it!! But reading about terrible things like this puts life into perspective- I get so het up over such trivial things and it really isn't worth it! I suppose it's natural to be disheartened at staying the same this week when I've been so good and wanted my 3 stone sticker so much, but there's only so far I'm prepared to take that disappointment when I've heard this tragic news today!XXX

OK OK Ellebear!! Nag heard!!

Well well well!! Hosted a BBQ/ Over the Rainbow final party and lets just say I went off plan a bit!! Don't get me wrong, I didn't touch a drop of alcohol!!! It was the puddings and the peanuts that did it!! Giant jaffa cake, keylime pie (yum to both!!), salted cashew nuts, halloumi cheese and full fat sausages!! There was plenty of good stuff too, couscous salad, pasta salad, roasted butternut squash, stuffed peppers, home made beefburgers (Extra lean mince), salmon, prawn and veg skewers, but I know I went mega over the top on syns, so much so that I just didn't count them!! Whoops!! Let's call it a flexisyn day and see how I get on on Monday!! Damn, and it's the only time this week I've gone off plan, I bet it'll show though!! Bang goes that 3 stone award!!!!X

I copied and pasted the above from my food diary which I wrote in place of Sat's food!! Lost count and neglected it!! Whoops!! ANYWAAYY, the update is that tonight's WI was a great success!! I lost 2 1/2 lb!! Over the moon about this because I was so disheartened last week having stayed the same after a brilliant week, and I was so sure I'd blown it on Saturday!! Maybe all the rushing around preparing, cooking and hosting burnt it off!!! Or perhaps it was a catch-up from the previous weeks' efforts?! I do think that whatever you do, good or bad, catches up with you along the line! Whatever the reason for the loss I'm really elated and in a good mood to go off on my mini-cruise on Saturday!! I plan to be an excellent pupil between now and Sat and then relax for 4 days on the cruise because you can bet your bottom dollar the food is going to be to die for so I'm not prepared to get all fussy and deprive myself!! I've invested in a brand new Shock Absorber bra today and I'm going to hit the gym each morning onboard and feel like I've deserved the food!! Watch this space...let's see if this materialises!!! The cruise is only for 4 nights, and I'm taking a holiday week, then have 5 days after arriving home until next WI so hopefully will be able to limit the damage!!! Eeeek! Right, enough ranting, speak soon!!!X

Well, it's been a little while since I updated!! Last week was a great result, and a bit of a surprise!! This week was a holiday week as I went on my all singing all dancing Royal Caribbean cruise!! I didn't exactly hold back- 3 course meals 3 times a day, and midnight pizza!! It was only 4 days so I suppose there's only so much damage one can do in that time, but I really am expecting a gain on Monday!! I came back on Wednesday and trying to pull it back a bit, but I've got to be realistic about this, and the tortilla chips, houmous and Cadbury's chocolate animals consumed on my night shift Thursday probably weren't the wisest of moves (although I did stay within my syns)!!

I'm very pleased with myself because I feel that I've at last learned the skill of getting straight back on track after having a few days of indulgence! I can't remember a time in the past (pre SW) where I've been able to do that after a holiday or Christmas! If I was on a 'diet' I went off the rails and stayed off!! I'm realising I can have my cake and eat it (literally!!) So overall feeling positive! I'll take my gain on the chin on Monday and take it from there! I'm pretty confident that whatever the damage I'll be able to pull it back the following week!

Feeling a bit jaded at the moment because I've just come off night shifts! I think I'm still recovering from the cruise/having 14 days off work!! 5 days of self indulgence and late nights has left me feeling far from my best! I was actually really looking forward to getting back on plan and in control and NOT eating naughty puddings and pizza!!

Tonight I'm off to my friend Ross from work's leaving do- he's going to Australia! It's fancy dress, the theme is 'around the world' and I'm going as a union jack! My friend has made me a dress out of a flag! Think Geri Halliwell but not so short and tight!! My friend Lara has got the paint and she's going to paint my face, neck etc!! At this moment in time I don't really feel like going, but I know once I'm ready for action I'll enjoy it!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend and enjoying the weather!

ps I did make the gym one day on the cruise, but not the subsequent days!! But I did run up and down stairs a lot (there were 15 decks!) and avoided using the lift so some calories must have been burnt there!!!

XXXXX

OK, well it's been soul destroying altering my tickers etc in a negative direction!!! I can't complain really! I gained 1lb this week, which could have been soooo much worse, considering the piggy I made of myself whilst on my 4 night cruise last week!! The amount of food I ate, I really expected a big gain! I may have had the big gain, but as I don't have scales at home (good job!!) I wouldn't have known about it and I may have undone some damage already! I'm looking forward to having a good week this week!! No big social commitments to put a spanner in the works, just work work work, which is a good thing when it comes to food!! As long as I don't give into all the naughty food people take in on nights!! Planning is definitely the key, so I'll be cooking and taking all my HEX and free snacks with me to munch on and keep away the hunger pangs! Overall I'm pretty pleased tonight! Of course a loss would have been amazing, but quite frankly it would have been a miracle!!X

Well done Heather, think you have done really well to get back on track after your cruise - really hoping I can follow in your footsteps as I am off on holiday and cruise on Thursday. Will miss 2 WI's and knowing that I am not weighing in for a few weeks has already lead to a few naughty choices.

Need to get my ass back into gear too!

xx

well done on getting back into SW hun since you come back, 1lb is hardly anything considering you had a good time! I put 6 on last night, but was fearing the worst, just had a funny week, but back on it tonight so hoping for good things next week! You should lose that 1lb, no problem xx

Back