Memoirs of a girl called FUNCURLS!!

Well done Heather - that's an amazing loss! I'm poised to drop down into the 11st somethings too. Can't wait, but I don't think it will be this week:cry:. Finding it a bit hard to settle into new group as I miss Alicia! I think I'm heading for an STS at best this week. You've had an amazing loss so far - any top tips??? ZX

To be honest Zoe, this loss has been a long time coming as I have STS for about a month before this week, and the only bad days I had were when I went to Spain, so 6 naughty days in a whole month of being pretty damn good! I have a funny pattern though and always effected by *week so this got in the way too just before Spain! I do try and eat tons of superfree wherever possible and I have recently started swimming 1 mile twice a week (at the National Pool) so this could have helped too! You're doing great though! 10lb in 8 weeks is it? That's all I've ever done- about 5lb per month on average, it's just that I've been at it 10 months now so just give it time and be really really patient and you'll get there!XXX

I don't often post here when it's not weigh day but I've broken new ground today and wanted to comment!! I've been wanting to introduce more exercise into my life as for a while now I've been walking and very little else, and even the walking hasn't been anywhere near as frequent as it was/could be! My recent break in Spain reminded me how much I love swimming, although not a strong swimmer by any means, but I decided I wanted to pursue this when I came home and do it twice a week! So for the past 3 weeks I have indeed been going to our local (Swansea) big 50m pool and swimming 1 mile (32 lengths) each time! I'm proud of myself because I'm not that great, purely a breast stroke girl who has problems putting her head underwater. I'm going to get some lessons so improve my breathing and technique so I can make progress and make the most of my sessions and learn how to do front crawl and backstroke properly. Saying that, I already feel myself improving and toning up a bit in my arms and legs and am getting stronger and stronger each time I go! It's a wonderful feeling and I find it really gives me a great feeling of relaxation and calm afterwards! Last week I went before a shift in work and I felt energised yet relaxed all day, as opposed to feeling sluggish like I would if I'd had a big lie-in instead!! This morning I went straight after a night shift and it did me the world of good and I slept like a log today!! Not so good though now I have to try and sleep again tonight as tomorrow is a day off!! Hence typing on Minimins at 1am!!X

Well I weighed in tonight and am disappointed to report a 1/2 lb gain! I think I know what it's down to! I've had one of those 'hungry' weeks where I could eat anything and everything! I haven't eaten anything and everything, I've had all the right food, but just too much of it if I'm honest! For example I cooked a big load of chicken and veg savoury rice with soysauce, basically a chicken fried rice type of thing (syn free), but I had about 3 big bowls full that night! I also had a few pasta dishes this week, again syn free, but didn't watch portion size at all! So I'm putting it down to this! This week I'm going to watch portion size, ensure that I have superfree with every single meal and ONLY snack on superfree! No second and third helpings of things!! Hopefully I'll see a good loss next week because I'm now frustrated I'm still hovering above 12 stone in the same place I've been for weeks! I want to get into the 11s very soon! I'll feel like I'm moving on!!X

maybe its new muscles from all the swimming Hevs?

not sure if you have text me, but my phone is not working at the moment (off to get it fixed tomorrow evening) so sorry if you think i am ignoring you!!!

Sending you lots of pow pow power!!!! you will get that pesky half off in no time - big kiss xxxx

The swimming idea sounds excellent and you swam that many lengths I'm just dumbfounded, personally would die after about 3! As for the gain don't worry about it too much, it'll calm down and you're definitely not doing yourself any harm as you're exercising. Exercising will strengthen your heart, your muscles and your mind which will allow you to push harder and meet your target with ease. Good luck, enjoying your diary :)

!

maybe its new muscles from all the swimming Hevs?

not sure if you have text me, but my phone is not working at the moment (off to get it fixed tomorrow evening) so sorry if you think i am ignoring you!!!

Sending you lots of pow pow power!!!! you will get that pesky half off in no time - big kiss xxxx

Aww fanx hunny, yes I did text you but I assumed I would be catchin up with you here at some point today so no offence taken!!LOL! Yeh maybe it is a muscle thing again! This morning I felt slimmer than ever, so maybe I am just toning! Still going to watch portion size though, see if it makes a difference! Gotta make SOME changes now down to the last 20 lbXXX

Awww thanks KKK for those lovely encouraging words!! It's frustrating sometimes isn't it when you're working hard and not seeing the results!! It's OK though, I'm determined to get there and I'm in no real hurry but Christmas was my original target date! May move it to Valentine's Day and see how it goes! That means 20lb in about 23 weeks (I think)! Would be able to go out for a meal and celebrate both at same time! If not, 29th March which is my Bday and would give me about 29 weeks! Wow, you've done brilliantly well hun if my calculations are right in saying you've been on it 6 months! Amazing!

Re swimming, I'm really really not a good strong swimmer, I just go quite slowly and I really surprised myself at how many lengths I could actually do! I realised it's not about distance for me, but technique, breathing and speed that I have problems with!! Thanks for visiting me!X

Urrrghhh!! Not feeling at all well today!! Sore throat started 2 days ago (Mon) and this has gone to my head and all bunged up and blowy and groggy!! Luckily I'm off work til Friday anyway so 2 days of lying low for me! Unfortunately I'm not someone who doesn't eat when ill, although I suppose this is a good thing in terms of recovery!! Even with the sore throat I've been able to get stuff in me- I feel even worse if I don't eat! This morning (6.30am) I've had a Mugshot because I felt sick! Going back to bed now!XXX

Sorry you is ill Heather. There's defo a bug going round Swansea - I've had it and so has my mate. Well done on the swimming - excellent stuff! Get well soon, ZXXX

Sorry you is ill Heather. There's defo a bug going round Swansea - I've had it and so has my mate. Well done on the swimming - excellent stuff! Get well soon, ZXXX

Thanks hunny!! I went to choir practice last night in my village (Llanmadoc) (couldn't hit the high notes last night! Bad sign!!) and quite a few of them had had it, so I think you're right, it's sweeping around!! Loving the swimming, but frustrated now I can't go this week!! Hope you're good! I wonder if we will ever meet in real life!! Which class do you go to now?X

Oh you live in Llanmadoc - lucky you! How beautiful. I live in Waun Wen for my sins (or should that be syns lol). You never know we may meet in the flesh one day...I go to Christine's group in the city centre on thursdays. Really missing Alicia's group tho...Perhaps I should come for a visit to the 7pm group one week? Actually that's a ruddy good idea - I could say 'hello' then!

Yeh Llanmadoc is nice- we've been here 3 1/2 years now, in Llanrhidian before that for 3 years and Brynmill before that! I'm from Exeter originally though and came to Swansea in 96 to do my nursing. Nowt wrong with Waun Wen mind you! Although I love village/country life I'm not a country girl by any means and I really miss the convenience of living near town! So I suppose it's swings and roundabouts! Advantages and disadvantages to living anywhere! And we're mortgaged up to the eyeballs to live here (we have a cottage and an apartment that we do holiday lets on which is the only way we can afford to live here- it's my hubby's brains and vision- I have the business head of a gnat! If it was left to me to decide on our living arrangements I'd still be in the nurses accommodation at Morriston Hosp which incidentally is now a car park!!) So anyway, I may well also need to go to another group at some point because of shifts- I've been pretty lucky in getting Mondays off so it's worked out to go to Sketty, but some day I'm sure I'll pop into your group! But yeh, great idea if you could pop in sometime! XXX

Haven't posted here for a while! Finally over my cold so able to get back into exercise in a big way! Lost 1.5lb last Monday so was pleased with that! A substantial loss I'd say (by my standards anyway!) I'm now 12 stone and 1/2 lb which is bugging me a bit- I am LONGING to get down into the next stone range so I just have to lose 1lb to do that! I've spent 18 weeks in the 12 stone range and am bored of the number 12 now, so will be happy to say goodbye to it and finally meet no. 11 for the first time in 10 years!! That will be a momentous day for me!! I hope that day will be tomorrow but who knows?!!! I did a 22 mile walk for Macmillan yesterday in Gower where I live. It was a coastal walk and really beautiful! We couldn't have been luckier with the weather especially as Friday was so dismal- I woke up yesterday to dark clouds and wet roads and I just can't believe how it completely turned around and became beautifully sunny and blue, but with a nice breeze to keep us cool! The camaraderie between all the walkers was really amazing and it was a great thing to be a part of! I'm aching a bit today and my feet aren't thanking me, but I already have the bug to do another one, perhaps in another part of Britain! I'll be very interested to see what WI brings tomorrow! I've been on plan all week but yesterday had a lot more syns than normal simply because of the walk, so I didn't write a food diary yest, but surely I burnt off tons of calories walking for a total of 7 hours! My legs are feeling muscly and my track record is one of gains or STS after a week of lots of exercise!! All I want is one measley pound!! But actually secretly I dream of 2.5 lb because that will get me my 4 stone award!! Fingers and toes crossed!!XXXXX

I'm really not a happy bunny tonight!!! After sticking to plan all week, with the exception of Saturday when I did the 22 mile Macmillan walk (just had some fairly highly synned cereal bars- the Eat Natural ones and some Lucozade to keep me going) I gained 1.5lb!! I'm sincerely hoping that it's muscle and fluid retention (I'm told that during long runs/walks we retain fluid to protect joints- hope this is true!!) and that next week as long as I am strictly on plan I will have a good loss!! I think the frustration has come more than anything from the fact that I have been hovering around the same weight for about 6 weeks now and really getting fed up!! I long to get under the 12 stone mark but no matter how hard I try I just don't seem to be able to get into the 11s!!! Grrrrrwwwwwwwwwww!!! I know I should be proud of how far I've come, and think about how much better my clothes feel on me, but I can't help but get hung up about the numbers on those scales!! Right, best foot forward! Tomorrow I'm going to wake up all positive and raring to go!!XXXX

For some strange reason I didn't post on here last week when I lost 5.5lb and got my 4 stone sticky!!! I was probably too wrapped up and prancing about with joy to think of it!! So needless to say I was very very pleased with myself, especially after my disappointment the previous week!!

I've just been to Spain for a 6 day holiday with my choir- we stayed in Torrevieja near Alicante and performed 3 concerts! I had a fantastic time! Despite my intentions to stay more or less on track but allow myself SOME treats, it didn't quite work out like that and I ended up being quite indulgent! I did have some swims in the pool and one 4 mile walk one morning, but overall the food definitely won!! I've realised that I find it very very hard to even try and stay on track on holidays and I'm probably the kind of person who is better off accepting a gain and dealing with the consequences when I'm back! I've definitely mastered the art of getting back on track on the first full day back home, although it takes a couple of days to feel back in the zone becuase I have to get the right food in, and regain my bearings which is tricky! I've got a few days to pull it back by Monday's WI so hopefully some of the damage will be reversed but I'm fully expecting a few lbs gain!! Oh well, holidays are a part of life and we can't be fully on plan 100% of the time, like everything in life we have to have breaks! XXXXX

Back