Men!!!

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
Now whilst this looks like it's O/T it's not. Som eof you will have noticed that my mini goal is to weigh less than my husband. This is proving far more difficult than anticiated. As we all eat the same things he has been getting SW dinners. he has the same lunches and breakfasts as he always did and he is losing too! So far he has lost between 7 and 10lbs, can't be precise as we can't remember his exact start weight. I now weigh less than he did when we started but still haven't caught up. I'm going to secretly feed him whilst he's sleeping till i reach my goal!

Ah bless! Know how you feel tho, my hubby is also losing a few pounds without trying and I'm so far away from catching him up in terms of weight!! We'll get there soon Chuffy!

Oooh, sabotage is needed!!! How about a big glug of olive oil on his pasta or salad? Full fat cheese and yoghurt instead of the low fat stuff!
Oh the fun you could have.......

Only kidding - it's one of those annoying things that men do lose weight easily, you'll get there.

To be fair he could do with losing a bit as well so i don't totally begrudge him! But sabotage will be happening if i don't catch him!

I think men just naturally and inadvetently find ways to annoy us women!

Hi Chuffy, I can just imagine your frustration, but think of it another way. We're both so lucky that our husbands are supportive. There are several at my Group whose partners frequently sabbotage their efforts, bringing home things such as chocolate or cream cakes or white crusty bread, saying things like "You don't want a bit? Please yourself!" How difficult is that....

Several times I've suggested that they bring their partners along to meetings to see what we're trying to do, and get them involved, but not one has done so, despite saying that they could do with loosing a bit of weight also...

So, no sabbotage, just thank your lucky stars he's supportive, stick with it, and you will soon BOTH be lighter and healthier!!!

Bless you. I can remember putting double cream in my husbands pasta sauce to fatten him up, after stress caused him to lose alot of weight. Don't even think he knows I did it lol.
It must be frustrating but think how good it will feel when you do pass him x

Thats what men were put on the planet for hun, just to annoy us women. Never mind, think how much pleasure you will get from passing him on the way down the scales and even just a little bit smug too, I know I would, and I'd rub it in too lol.

XXXX

My OH loses weight without even trying (he's slightly overweight himself). It's infuriating when i've spent all week trying my hardest and lose 2lb, and he's done nothing and has managed to drop 4lb! Grrrrr

Also, at my dad's first week at SW last week, he lost an amazing 10lb. This week, by my scales, he's already lost 6lb with 2 days left to go... it's so unfair! I'm never EVER going to have the opportunity to get slimmer of the week now lol... *hmph* :hmm:

Hehe this made me giggle. See the good in it - it's now a challenge! If he's losing too and you're competitive (wink wink) you'll probably find it keeps you heading the right way - so though it's much grrrr-age now, it's a good thing. He's losing too and it's keeping you motivated.

But yes, grrr for men hehe xxx

omg, I have the exact same problem. I was aiming to get under 20 stone, get below OH, etc.

He's lost 1 stone 4 without even trying, by eating MORE !!!

He didn't used to have breakfast and now he's having an Alpen bar.

He's taking leftover spag bog, or curry, or moroccan lamb casserole for lunch with a bread roll, crisps, Mullerlight and chocolate (previously would have had a sandwich and maybe crisps from M&S or Boots).

Same sort of thing or chops or roast meat plus wedges or no potatoes and lots of veg for tea, followed by Mullerlight or mini Twister. Previously we had the same sort of thing, but heavy on the potatoes, rice or pasta, but no pudding.

Bah ! Humbug ...

Same here, my hubby started SW same day as me and he has lost over a stone already, and he does eat more than me every day.

Metabolisims are such fickle things!!!!

I've finally got below my b/f's weight, because I am losing and he is gaining. But then again, he needs to... He is VERY skinny and pale. We think the fat is creeping across the bed in the night.

Back