Total Solution Mere's Diary

OMG that's so rude, I can't believe she said that. People are so thoughtless sometimes and instead of being supportive, they just find ways of putting you down. And quite honestly, even if you DID put it back on again at some point (which you wont), why shouldn't you at least try to get off the weight that's making you unhappy? Would she rather you just stayed miserable and fat than do something to improve yourself?

I know, I'm just go glad I wasn't there because I would have been so angry/upset! I almost feel like people just see you as the fat one, and as long as they are not it then they feel fine. But the minute they become the fat one they change! It was actually OH nan's daughter (OH's aunt) who remarked that all the fatties were sat on the sofa on Boxing Day. What a way to ruin a 23 year old image conscious girl hey!

Grans are the best at tact arnt they! My Nan is comparing me to skeletal at the moment. As you can see from my photos, I look nowhere near sunken or too thin. I actually keep my coat buttoned all the way up when I'm going out with my Nan, and if I'm going to her house. Take a scarf, how sad. If I don't, she will go mad at my collar bones and I'm really conscious of it now.

Some people can be rotten though cant they, it's annoying that I'm ignored by some now, like iv done something bad to them! They best all get used to it cos we are staying slim, maybe they're sad they never got to say goodbye to the fat us haha xx

You do not look skeletal! You look great! I guess some people take a while to adjust than us! We are most deffo not going to revert to the sizes we were- we always knew inside us were secret skinny minnies willing their way out! xx

Wow I am glad that it is not just me who feels a bit miffed when friends do not comment on weight loss although they are always quick enough to agree if you say you have gained. At least no-one has said anything bad either but they might have if they knew about this diet.
I don't think it is necessarily an age thing either as my mum in her eighties said I was looking very trim.
When I see someone who has obviously lost a lot of weight I will always say something nice as I know they have put a lot of work in to look better.
Mere x

After I visited last week, I did think perhaps I really don't look any different. But when even kids notice- and they are well known for honesty- I must look a little smaller at least! Rant over! :D

When my grand-daughter was 5 she asked her teacher when she was going to have her baby! My daughter is a teacher in the same school and the teacher said my grand-daughter had given her the wakeup call she needed to start a diet. So I agree kids can be brutally honest.
Mere x

Hahaha Mere I bet your daughter felt mortified that your grandaughter had said that! At least the teacher made a positive change! Your right though, kids are very honest but I guess that can be a good thing! Thankfully, I've never been asked, 'when's it due?' but I'm sure plenty of people have thought it! Haa!

Yeah I'm like you, will always say something like, 'You look great etc.' Rather directly about how much weight they've lost- but I do say something!

The worse thing is when you know you've put on a bit of weight and people say, 'You look...(pause)..well!'

Minnie you are so right. I have had the you are looking well comment with the pregnant pause!
That teacher I mentioned in my post now looks great she shed a load of weight.
And yes my daughter was mortified especially as she is quite tall and between an 8 and a 10!
Mere x

Hope you had a lovely day Mere :)

Thanks Harry I did. Hope you didn't have to work too hard.
Mere x

Morning Mere, hope you have a lovely weekend hun :)

If we are fessing up I've been asked twice in the last 4 years when my baby was due, once by the counter girl in the post office and once by a former teacher of mine, in the library. I was beyond gutted as I wasn't preggers either time.

Morning Mere, hope you have a lovely weekend hun :)
I am not having a good day Harry. I have not gone to the loo in 10 days. I have been taking a herbal colon cleanser twice a day, using suppositories meant for piles, eating prunes, having hot baths and drinking water like it is going out of fashion and nothing is working.
Last night I took a Ducolax for the first time, nothing. I am now sitting here having taken 2 more ducolax, a mug of peppermint tea and I am clutching a hot water bottle to try to ease the pain in my stomach.
My weight has gone up a pound, which I know I will lose again as soon as I go. Sorry I am being such a moaning minnie but I am disgusted with my body!
Mere x

Oh, Mere, there really is nowt worse when you cant go. It really sets you off kilter :(
I hope the ducolax work soon :)

If we are fessing up I've been asked twice in the last 4 years when my baby was due, once by the counter girl in the post office and once by a former teacher of mine, in the library. I was beyond gutted as I wasn't preggers either time.
I bet the people who asked were as embarrassed as you. Never mind it will not happen again as you are quickly entering the world of the slim.
Mere x

Do you like coffee Mere ?
Sometimes I find a nice strong filter coffee makes me go :)

I am not having a good day Harry. I have not gone to the loo in 10 days. I have been taking a herbal colon cleanser twice a day, using suppositories meant for piles, eating prunes, having hot baths and drinking water like it is going out of fashion and nothing is working.
Last night I took a Ducolax for the first time, nothing. I am now sitting here having taken 2 more ducolax, a mug of peppermint tea and I am clutching a hot water bottle to try to ease the pain in my stomach.
My weight has gone up a pound, which I know I will lose again as soon as I go. Sorry I am being such a moaning minnie but I am disgusted with my body!
Mere x

Oh no it's a horrible feeling when you can't go! I really do hope the Ducolax helps move things along for you Mere.

Thanks Minnie I am keeping my fingers crossed and my legs open!!! :eek:
Mere x

Oh no :( Hope the Dulcolax works. I've had to take up to 4 on the odd occasion to get things moving. You'll feel as light as a feather once they've worked. Good luck.

And re being asked if you're pregnant, omg that happened to me so many times in the past. Not since I got so big, but when I was younger and maybe a size 14/16 it used to happen loads. I have to admit when people stood up and gave me their seats on the tube I'd just say thanks after a while and take the seat cos it got embarrassing to say "actually I'm just fat" lol.

Oh no :( Hope the Dulcolax works. I've had to take up to 4 on the odd occasion to get things moving. You'll feel as light as a feather once they've worked. Good luck.

And re being asked if you're pregnant, omg that happened to me so many times in the past. Not since I got so big, but when I was younger and maybe a size 14/16 it used to happen loads. I have to admit when people stood up and gave me their seats on the tube I'd just say thanks after a while and take the seat cos it got embarrassing to say "actually I'm just fat" lol.
There has to be some advantagein being big.
Mere x

Ha! If someone offered me there seat I'd take it regardless! I've noticed when I get the bus few people do offer their seats nowadays.

Has there been any 'movement' yet mere? Can't think of anything else you could do that you haven't already tried x

Ha! If someone offered me there seat I'd take it regardless! I've noticed when I get the bus few people do offer their seats nowadays.

Has there been any 'movement' yet mere? Can't think of anything else you could do that you haven't already tried x

Nothing yet does not even feel imminent!
Mere x

Back