Total Solution Mere's Diary

Drank loads of water today and ate just under 1000 cals so not a bad day. Need a few more days like today to look good in my dress for the wedding on the 31st.

Drank loads of water today and ate just under 1000 cals so not a bad day. Need a few more days like today to look good in my dress for the wedding on the 31st.

Well done mere! See you have reigned it in yourself! Have whatever you want tomorrow then do another sub 1000 day on weds. If you keep alternating like that you'll lose weight and won't feel like you are restricting yourself all the time xx

Thanks for that idea. I have already planned my meals for tomorrow and should be under the 1000 cals again. WI is Thursday so I do not want to over eat on Wednesday. Maybe if I can stick to low cal healthy eating for three days I can then take a break. I had planned to go to the gym tomorrow but the hospital phoned and offered me an appointment tomorrow. Since I am worried about my health at the moment I jumped at the chance, some things are more important than the gym!

Exactly Mere. If you see the doc hopefully your mind will be put at rest leaving you to reconcentrate on dieting :)
I hope it goes well X

Well good news and bad news re the doctor. I was at two hospitals and the GP this morning! The dermatologist thinks I probably don't have the skin cancer the GP was worried about but pics taken and have to go back in 3 months. Not so good news he thinks I have shingles. GP will not prescribe anti viral medication because although I have all the symtoms of shingles I do not have the usual rash. Have to go back on Thursday. At least now I know why I have been feeling so tired and unwell, at least I think I know!

Well good news and bad news re the doctor. I was at two hospitals and the GP this morning! The dermatologist thinks I probably don't have the skin cancer the GP was worried about but pics taken and have to go back in 3 months. Not so good news he thinks I have shingles. GP will not prescribe anti viral medication because although I have all the symtoms of shingles I do not have the usual rash. Have to go back on Thursday. At least now I know why I have been feeling so tired and unwell, at least I think I know!

Oh no! Shingles is awful :( get plenty of rest xx

Thanks Yoyo, now I do not feel so guilty about not being in the gym so often, I am just so tired and sore. I am about to go and have a little nap. x

Take care of yourself x

Oh my goodness Mere !
You are right, good and not so good news eh ?
As you say, at least you know what is happening now. Please don't rush back to the gym, as you will need lots of rest.
Take care xxx

Thanks Marge. I have absolutely no energy at all for normal life let alone the gym! I go back to the surgery on Thursday for some tests and hopefully a definite diagnosis. If it is not shingles there is something far wrong. My future daughter in law says it is her house because the day they moved in my hubby got shingles and I have just returned from a week staying in the house with probable shingles! X

I know it sound horrible Mere, but I really hope it is shingles. I dread to think what it could be if its not that.
And if its been around you, there is a good chance that it is that :)
I thought they could give you medication for that now ? I know you said they didn't want to because you had no rash.
It may be internal shingles. I'm sure I have heard of people having that before, but I think it is more difficult to get rid of.
Don't feel guilty about anything now Mere. Not diets or exercise. They will happen again in time. Let your husband spoil you !!
And if you need to buy a new dress for the wedding, such is life Mere. Your health comes first x

Thanks Marge, the way I am feeling just now I may not be at the wedding and I certainly don't have the stamina to go shopping for a new dress!
i told hubby you said he has to spoil me and his answer was dont I always!

Good man :D

Thanks Bob but I do not feel better. Still no rash but I am going back to the surgery tomorrow. x

Thanks Bob but I do not feel better. Still no rash but I am going back to the surgery tomorrow. x

I hope it all goes well tomorrow Mere :)

Thanks Marge. x

Oh no, sorry to hear that... Make sure you're forceful tomorrow to get something done about it. If you don't feel up to being forceful take someone who can be for you - my docs favourite phrase is "let's see how it goes" - I don't bother going anymore, thats how I ended up in a&e and emergency op - it doesn't sound like you need any lets see how it goes type docs :-( x

My doc is waiting for the rash to appear but according to the Internet you do not always get the rash!

Back