Total Solution Mere's Diary

Not nuts...dedicated x

let people say what they wanna say, its a dedication and a hard work.

Lol Mere, you're just an individual x

How's your weekend been Mere? Or are you still thawing out from your walk :)

I went in the hot tub in the sleet. Hubby says I am a very brave wee wummin. x Spent a lot of time catching up with my family tree. When hubby gets out of the bath I am going to watch a program about medieval times then Last Tango in Halifax, which I love. x Also counted the coins I had been saving in my piggy bank got £360 to take to the bank tomorrow then I will buy some premium bonds. All in all a good day. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I got caught in a bit of a sleet downpour today too, when I went to the cemetery. I had to have the heating on full and wait for 5 or 6 minutes in the car before I could drive off as my hands were so frozen I could turn the steering wheel !

Awwwww, that sounds soooo lush.. hot tub in the sleet! Just for the experience, or hot tub in the snow. Its mild here though so i wouldnt be saying the same thing if it were baltic lol xxx

Sounds like a super day Mere. You must have a whopping piggy bank, how exciting. I never win anything in premium bonds but there's always a chance! Have a super day x

My piggy bank isn't that big but I only save £1 and £2 coins. It was a good feeling taking them into the bank and buying my bonds online. Hubby has won a few £25 but I am looking for a much bigger win! Fingers crossed. x

Good luck! Hope you win xxx

Never won anything on the premium bonds. Thats a grand total to have saved mere. Is it the sort of piggy bank that you have to break in order to get to the money?

Thanks girls, no it is a wee clear plastic bank with a screw off top. I have started saving again with £20 in it. I opened a bank account for my new granddaughter, the girl at the bank thought she was a baby and was surprised when I said she was new to me but is actually 12! It took me an hour to open her account with the grand total of £25.
I save £25 a month for each of my grandchildren which they will get when they are either 18 or 21 depends when they need it. One of my grandsons wants to be a doctor so he may need it for going to university. It is amazing how the money mounts up and I don't miss it but as I am now retired I certainly could not give them all several thousand pounds on their birthdays without saving a wee bit every month.

My daughter finished medical school last year & even with our & my dad's financial support she has still qualified with a very large debt so I'm sure your grandson will be most grateful Mere x

We started saving when my boy was born. How people afford university fees now is beyond me. Anyway, how was your day? X

I have had a very busy day still not dieting but bought lots of fruit and healthy stuff today. X

I think I have finally got my head back in the game, at least a little bit. Had porridge for breakfast then did an hour in the gym. Came home and ate the little Ninjabread my grandson made for me but I weighed the two he had left and ate the one that was half the weight of the other before I would have eaten the biggest! So although that is not a diet item it was a better choice!

I think exercise makes a lot of difference on what we choose to eat Mere. x

It's all about better choices. I'm intrigued by ninja bread, is it a new take on gingerbread? :) have a super day x

Ninjabread is really a gingerbread man but in a karate pose. We bought our youngest grandson the kit as part of his Christmas, he loves cooking and baking, so hubby and I had to have one!

Back