Total Solution Mere's Diary

Not sure where to go from here. I am really not getting into the diet yet. I had a bar for breakfast and a slice of bread with egg for lunch but then I made fish and chips for dinner with half a bottle of wine. This is no way to lose weight!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Frustrating when getting into a diet routine evades us. It always happens to me when I have had a break from plan :sigh:x

I guess it's because before you had the wedding to motivate you but now that's over you've not got your next goal lined up. I hope you can find your mojo again.

It will happen. A good breakfast is better than a naughty one. Now maybe aim for a good breakfast and lunch? Just break yourself in. Your doing fab! As you prove time and time again you can do it when you need/want to. Have a great day xxx

Thanks Carrie. I really need to lose weight for health reasons, my blood pressure goes through the roof if I am even a pound or two over weight. I just don't seem to have the motivation at the moment. I have a holiday to Greece at the end of April and if I keep going the way I am I will look like a beached whale on a sunbed! x

Hi Mere :) Hope you can find your dieting groove again soon. Good luck :)

Had a really weird dream last night that I met all my virtual friends but I had been lying to you all and every time I said I was losing a pound I was actually gaining it! So there you all were looking so fit and healthy and there I was fat and frumpy proving that I could not be trusted. If that dream is not a wake up call I don't know what is! Love you all. xxx

Awww! Love you too Mere xxx What a funny dream! I can assure you that if we all met up right now, You would be a tiny wee slip of a thing stood next to me lol :eek: Its so frustrating when you cant quite grasp your mojo, but it is within reach. You're a pro at staying fit and healthy and i have no doubt you will click into place. We all have an off day, a funny week. You're not the type to go overboard with fatty foods and certainly not for long, So try not to worry about it, and take it one small step at a time.

I have a lot of reason why i NEED to lose my weight, but i also have things i think of, such as Spring approaching, flowers blooming with the birds singing, and the sun shining with gorgeous blue skies. I dont want to feel frumpy going for a brisk walk in Spring, passing so many people in the park. I want to feel confident and happy with a bit of a skip to my strolls :) Just find your motivating thoughts xxx

Good advice there ED as usual. I gave myself a bit of a shake and went for a 5 mile walk with my daughter in a snow blizzard! I have walked over 1100 steps so I am pleased with that. I had porridge for breakfast so I will try to have a healthy lunch too. Hope I am starting to get my mojo back. x

Thanks Jayne. x

Well done with steps I know you will be on track in no time. I have full faith on you

Thanks Harry I wish I felt so confident. Have a lovely weekend. x

What a strange dream Mere but its far from true :rolleyes:.

You'll get there so don't worry.x

Wow the diet lifestyle really is on your mind with a strange dream like that Mere. Instead of thinking about the diet think about where you are now, how fit you are and what you have achieved since you started. I think you're amazing, knowledgeable and controlled. I certainly hope I remain as stable weight wise as you have over the last year when I hit goal. You're always there for all of us and keep us going. i have more to lose in weight than you actually weigh!

I hope your BP settles down. Treat yourself to a massage or something to take the focus off diet and exercise and help you refocus. Sleep well xxx

Thanks Angel hubby was a holistic therapist before he retired. He has bought some Hopi ear candles to use on me to help me relax. Normally I go in my hot tub for half an hour each morning but with the strong winds it is not really safe to do so. Maybe when the weather starts behaving I will get back to my usual routine and that will relax me.

Omg i want a hot tub! :D Not that we have anywhere to put it. Im glad you feel confident Mere, have a lovely weekend xxx

Aw Mere, that dream was weird, but you know if it ever happened to be true, it wouldn't make any of us think any less of you. You're wonderful and we love you :) I hope things click for you soon and I'm sure they will. You've been dieting for so long, sometimes our brains can be a bit rebellious and just want a break from it for a while. I don't believe for a second you'll look like a beached whale when you go away. Even if the diet doesnt click in, as long as you remain active you'll be fine.

Problem Jael is I am not as active as I was before as I still have horrendous pain under my arm from the shingles. I have been told it can take at least 6 months to go away but meanwhile it is stopping me from doing a lot of the classes I took at the gym because I can't lift weights. I really need to find alternatives. I am very good at telling others what they can do (years of teaching) but not very good at following my own advice! x

Try not to worry mere. Looking after your stress levels is more important. At the end of the day, how we feel is more important than our external appearance xx

You are so right Yoyo. x

Back