Total Solution Mere's Diary

tried some dried prunes last night. Had a proper lunch and dinner today, the thought process being I maybe just don't have enough in my body to lose.
Got an unexpected compliment today when I took Mum to her clinic appointment. We were discussing patterns of eating with her nurse as Mum is losing so much weight. Mum is a grazer but I said I never eat between meals or after my dinner at night and the nurse said that was why I was so slim. I don't see myself as slim so it was nice to hear a health professional say I am. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

A compliment indeed ! You must have been beaming. I hope your mums ok though.
Prunes don't work for me either. Exante double choc bar does though. Or a spoonful of cream.
You are certainly drinking and moving plenty. Docusate sodium or movicol/fybrogel work too.

I hope tomorrow is a good one for you x

Thanks for the advice Angel. I still have not moved, so today I have added suppositories to the mix of things I am doing. Mum had something wrong with her lungs about 18 months ago that put extra strain on her heart and caused it to enlarge so she now attends the cardiac clinic once a month. She is in her mid eighties and has mild dementia so I take her to all her hospital appointments. x

Thanks Jael I have one of the twins staying with us over the weekend. Difficult to entertain a 15 year old but my daughter and her family are coming for a barbecue and a night at the movies. I bought the Exante burger mix so I will have that maybe with a little salad but certainly no bun. Then when we are watching the film I will ignore the Pringles and dips and the popcorn and stick with my treat of a can of Pepsi Max.
I am still doing TS but still had no movement on the toilet front, that is 12 days now with loads of water, exercise, suppositories, prunes, coffee and Psyllium Husks all things that worked before. I will have to ask the chemist for something a bit stronger as my stomach is very swollen and sore now. x

if you can manage it, the salt water flush will work, but it's pretty horrible and drastic and a last resort only. I had a friend doing S&S who was in the same situation as you and was really suffering so I told her about it and it did work, but it's honestly really awful to do it. If you google it you'll find instructions on how to do it. Years ago I did the Master Cleanse which was that awful detox diet where you drink water with lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper several times a day and do the flush everyday (I think twice, cant remember now) which completely clears out your colon.

Eek Mere 12 days is a long time indeed. Bisocodyl works but ask your pharmacist and if you get past a few more days I would ask your GP x Can you eat something high in fat which can help sometimes. Good luck x

Thanks I cannot eat anything high in fat because I can't stand fat and I have a dodgy stomach. I will look up the cleanse. x

Jael you are a star. I did the salt water flush, only managed 1/2 litre with the salt and 1/2 litre without salt , then in the warm water of my hot tub and 1/2 hour later I was sat on the toilet doing the necessary! I am so pleased you told me about it because my next port of call was to get the medication Angel told me about but I do prefer natural remedies. Thanks both of you. I love this site. xxx

Just googled it.. Sounds like it can get messy! Glad you've finally had some relief mere :)

It has been very gentle so far so I am not too worried. I am going to Fife later, a round trip of 200 miles then tonight I am going out for dinner with my brother and sister so it was not the best day to do it but desperation calls for desperate measures! x

oh I'm so glad it worked for you. Getting that salt water down is so hard, I used to gag all the time :( But it does work and I'm glad you've had some relief :)

Salt water flush sounds absolutely horrific! But so does being blocked up for 2 weeks too! I'm glad you have had relief now Mere, and I really hope it doesn't happen again for you. Have a lovely Sunday xxx

Thanks ED I have visited the loo twice so far and feel another wee visit on the horizon! I am going out for dinner tonight so although I will be good I won't be TS so don't want to weigh until my usual Thursday. I hope the unblocking will mean I drop a pound or two. x

I had a lovely meal out last night with my brother and sister and their spouses. I started off well with a salmon salad then a couple of glasses of wine intervened and I finished very badly with white chocolate cheesecake!
At least I am going to the loo again and I have a few days before WI to make up for the damage. So back to TSing until Friday when I go my mystery weekend away. x

Glad you enjoyed the evening Mere, as we often say, life is for living. I would do exactly the same if i were your lovely size. Plenty of time before Weigh In and with all these toilet flushes im sure there will be noting to worry about! xxx

Thanks ED. Hope you have a lovely day. x

Glad to see the salt water flush worked, out of interest looked it up and sounds like something to only try when close to home! Your evening out sounds lovely x

This morning I tried having a glass of warm water first thing (no salt) and that prompted a loo visit so I think I will do that every morning now. x

That's just reminded me of when I did SW years ago; the consultant recommended to drink a glass of warm water and lemon juice every morning to get the system going and keep us regular. Pretty sure the lemon juice would effect ketosis but the warm water couldn't do any harm?

Back