Total Solution Mere's Diary

I think your doing fab and look forward to hearing your new goals. Can I ask why your keeping your 14s? Do you plan on wearing them again? If not I think it's time to relocate them from your home completely ;) xxx

I am a bit superstitious and feel if I threw out the 14s I would regret it ie I would need them again. If I keep them they are a constant reminder of where I do not want to be.
My new goals will all be related to health, and weight will be incidental.
My waist is still a couple of inches bigger than the healthy norm and my body fat percentage is still a couple of points higher than the healthy norm. I can't set the goals until I reach my weight goal of 9 St 12lb which takes me to a BMI of below 25 and out of the overweight category, only just below but once I am there I will measure my fat percentage and my waist measurement to set the new goals. I expect the waist measurement and fat percentage are closely linked as I seem to carry any excess weight round my middle.
I have narrow hips a reasonably flat tummy and skinny arms and legs. I am too heavy on the bust and too big round my waist. Most people seem to think I am slim but I know the truth!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

oh come on Mere, the truth is you are obviously just a kind of apple shape, and the older you get the more likely you are to carry the weight around the middle. You're definitely slim (even if you dont think so) and fit and I can only dream of being in your shape when I get to your age.

Thanks Jael, I know I should think of myself as slim and I am certainly the slimmest of all my friends but I know I can do better. The gym I go to is a private country club and a good many of the women there are a lot older than me and have no excess weight. There is one slightly younger woman who is far too thin and looks ghastly so I do not want to be like her.
There is an old woman in her eighties that I talk to on a regular basis and she is slim as a reed without being skinny so I think the idea of carrying a bit excess weight round the middle as you age is just a bit of a myth. I think it has more to do with people not exercising than a natural part of ageing. I want to be healthy more than I want to be slim. Slim is just a bonus! x

I think your amazing mere, I really do hope to be just as active as you with a hot tub in the future. You inspire so many on here, not just because you shed the weight, but because you've maintained within a few lbs even through illness and you know how slowly your body loses fat yet you never give up you just accept it and move forward, never looking back, never upset or angry. Amazing!

I do think you should remove the 14s, I understand keeping a few things to remind you of how far you've came but to keep all 14s, 12s and 10s when your a 10 I don't think you need to.

Have a fab Sunday regardless xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Carrie, I don't think of myself as inspirational. I think you are the inspirational one especially with how you manage to eat normal food and even on fast days manage to get a lot out of your calories. I on the other hand am still toiling away with Exante! What you are doing is the right way re-educating your body to new eating habits. I feel I am still on a bit of a cop out! Have a lovely day. New month with Spring just around the corner, though the weather is pretty wintry here, sleet while I was in the hot tub and no baseball cap on eek! x

of course you're inspirational Mere, you lost your weight and you've basically maintained that weight loss despite having a busy life and having travelled etc.

I second what Jael and Carrie say. You are an inspiration!
Believe mere.
Not only that, your encouragement of others is phenomenal! !
:D

Thank you Marge, I know from years of keeping an eye on my weight how difficult it is. I get so much support from this site that I just try to support others. I am glad you feel I am succeeding in that. Hope you have a great day, I have started my day well with your kind words. Live strong. x

Well just had an extra hour in the hot tub because it was snowing. Did not indulge in champagne for a couple of reasons one I had none chilling and two 9am is just a tad too early even for me! I am sure the sun must be over the yardarm somewhere in the world! I just love being retired. I also threw out one of my bathing costumes because it is just too big now, woohoo. x

Mere you do make me chuckle! ! :D
And hurray for throwing out a costume :D
We are visiting the manfriends daughter later this month. She has a hot tub !! :D

You will love the hot tub. Remember to take more than one costume as you will probably want to be in it more than once a day. Hot water, chill wine (preferably champagne or prosseco) nothing to beat it for relaxation. I bought a new costume today and also a bottle of cassis as I intend having a kir Royale in the hot tub when I get to goal again. Happy day! x

Well so far I have a donkey & a duck on my list of things I'd like when I retire in a few years. Suppose I could put a hot tub on there too & use that as a means to get my husband to agree to the 1st two things ha x

Well done on throwing out the swimming cossie Mere. Get rid of the 14's too. You've really got maintenance under control and everyone is totally right when they say you're an inspiration. You've helped me through ! Thank you

Angel we all help each other that is why it is such a great site. I am intrigued by the duck and donkey! I had a list of things I wanted to do and 3 years on I have not done too many of them as I never have enough time.
Did do the adventure trip to Borneo and the Canadian trip to the Rockies, have done quite a bit of my family tree but that is not a lot for the length of time I have been retired. x

Treated myself to a new heart rate monitor so there will be no stopping me now! Daughter and son in law took us out for lunch I had a plain chicken breast salad and a diet coke. I am determined to reach my goal again soon as I am so close I will not let anything get in the way.
Those of you who were urging me to throw away my size 14s should be pleased that I took 3 pairs of jeans, a tankini and a jumper to the charity shop. Only 3 pairs of size 14s left, one is my favourite pair and another is almost new so I couldn't bring myself to throw them out. x

I'd suggest getting them tailored then. I really can't understand why at a size 10 your keeping 14s? Are you ever planning on wearing them? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

No I hope I will never wear them again but I am a canny Scot and just can't put them all out. Once I have stayed at my target weight for several months I will be happy to give them the heave. x

I get that. I suppose cause I fluctuated so badly in the past it's better for me to get rid ASAP xxx

WI this morning 10st 1lb so a loss of 1lb this week and 3 lbs to get back to goal weight. x

Back