Total Solution Mere's Diary

That's fantastic mere! Massive welldone. Your a superstar xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Carrie, I am still on target to reach goal by the time I go my next break to Skye three weeks today. I will have to remain strict with myself because I have my grandsons birthday on Sunday and dinner with friends next Thursday and I can't afford a STS. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done Mere. Doesn't that mean you're 10st1 now? Roll on 9's

Thanks ladies, yes I am now 10st 1lb and about to step into the 9s next week, I hope. x

Mere you are doing so well! :)

Thanks Yoyo, I am feeling good. x

Well done Mere. Hope you make it into the 9s very soon x

You are so close mere, you must be feeling fantastic xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I am feeling good but made the mistake of weighing myself this morning very early and was back up to 10st1lb. 1/2lb is nothing but it did make me realise I must just go back to weekly weighing. Tried on my tightest jeans and they fit! I now have 7 pairs of size 10 jeans, chinos, trousers that I can wear so I now consider my bottom half an official size 10. Top half is still a twelve! I have my youngest grandson's birthday party today, he is thirteen. So chicken for dinner, ignore the cheesecake and wine and have a little piece of birthday cake. That is the plan with porridge for breakfast and a shake for lunch should still keep me about the 800 calories. Hope you all have a great day. x

Weekly WI is the way to go Mere now that you are so close to target.

Hope you are all having a lovely time x

It is because I am so close to target that I started daily weighing, desperate! But I am back to weekly weighing now. x

Good :). How was the party x

Party was fine. I had taken the children out bowling in the afternoon and a pal stayed for dinner. My daughter is ill at the moment and my son in law was out with my hubby for the day which is why it fell to me to entertain the kids. I then had to make the dinner as my daughter was pretty unwell. I was very good and only had a tiny piece of birthday cake and some chicken and veg. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I drop another pound this week and get to 10 stone. x

Goodness Mere I'm pretty sure all the activity has burnt off any calories. How's your daughter? I hope she recovers soon. I look forward to hearing you announce you're below 10 St very soon. Have a great week xxx

My daughter has positional vertigo. She has been off work for 7 weeks now. She has exercises to do but her balance and eyesight are affected and as well as giving her horrendous headaches the exercises are causing her to pass out. She is a teacher working part time but her boss is a bully and the vertigo has been triggered by stress. Her boss is coming to see her tomorrow to discuss her return to work but at the moment she can't even walk to the school let alone teach 5 year olds all day!

My daughters boss is anything but sympathetic. My daughter phoned her local authority and discovered her boss cannot interview her at home without sending her a letter setting out what she wants to discuss. Then she has to arrange a time that suits my daughter and she must bring a senior member of staff with her to take notes and record the interview. Nor can she do any of this until the absence is between 8 and 12 weeks duration.
Hubby and I took her out for coffee this morning and she seemed a lot better not staggering about quite so much so I think she is on the mend another 10 days before she attends the hospital again. If she is not better by then she will be referred to neurology.
Confession time, while out with daughter and hubby I had a piece of delicious carrot cake. I felt sick after it but I did enjoy it at the time. I do this to myself every time I get near goal I sabotage my efforts, no idea why. x

I often wonder how some bosses manage to get where they are without being tackled along the way. Has occupational health been involved with your daughters assessment x

Occupational health have not been involved yet because she was only at the hospital at the end of last week and up until then they did not know what was wrong with her. The GP has not been wonderfully helpful and took ages before referring her to ENT. She has calcium crystals lodged in a narrow part of the ear canal and the exercises are designed to dislodge the crystals and move them into a wider part of the ear canal where they will not cause any problems. I don't know what will happen if the crystals do not move of their own accord. As a teacher of the deaf I studied the physiology of the ear as part of my degree course but I had never heard of that condition so think it must be quite rare. x

Back