Total Solution Mere's Diary

Strangely enough I have positional vertigo but the episodes have never lasted longer than 2 weeks. Most horrid feelings I have ever experienced. Sounds like your daughters crystals are in a different part of the ear though. x

I feel sorry for you Susie as I know how ill it has made my daughter. Her eyesight is still very blurry and she has almost constant headaches. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh dear. I never get headaches with it. Just the constant feeling of being on a ship in a severe storm or a spinning chair x

A friend of mine I made through the s&s group is in a similar position to you Mere, also near goal and finds that she's constantly sabotaging herself. She's been within 10lbs of goal for probably a year now I think and there's always a reason why she hasn't gotten there. I've told her that maybe she's not meant to get to that magic number she has in mind, that maybe her body is just comfortable where it is, but she's determined that she wants to see that number on the scales.

I know how she feels. I want to get out of the overweight category. x

That sounds awful for your daughter. And those around her having to witness it. Hope she's better sooner rather than later. A little bit of what you fancy does you good now and again. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I hope your daughter recovers quickly and the exercises do the trick, it sounds like a horrid condition. It must be hard for you watching her go through it too. I hope her meeting with her boss isn't too awful. I hope she isn't on her own so someone else can be witness to what's said at least.

Carrot cake has a lot to answer for sometimes. You are maintaining really well Mere, you will see that figure you want to get to I'm sure. Keep plugging away.

Thanks Angel. I will keep plugging away. I was out for lunch with hubby today and was so tempted by a baguette with salad but I had a bar in my bag so ate that and felt really good for resisting temptation. x

Just checked MFP and I used up more calories today than I consumed so pleased with that. WI tomorrow but I am not holding out much hope for a good result as I have not had a toilet visit for several days now! x

WI this morning was STS I am not surprised because I still haven't been to the loo. I tried the salt cleanse yesterday but only managed 1/2 litre. Today I drank 1 litre of warm water within 10 mins of getting up but I am afraid there is still no movement. I am also swallowing the psyllium husks as if there was no tomorrow. I am going out for dinner with friends tonight and sometimes just having real food is all it takes to get things moving again. This is just one of the drawbacks of a VLCD. Hope everyone has a good day. x

Hope the food works Mere. Enjoy your night out x

When you take psyllium husks you must drink lots and lots of extra water. If you don't they can dry out inside you and make the stoppage problem even worse! In your situation I'd take some Dulcolax x

Thanks SS but I am drinking loads of water. Had a little success but I suppose I am eating so little there can't be that much waste anyway!

Had dinner out with friends last night, ate 2 small slices of a thin crust vegetable pizza and a few small pieces of chicken from the fettuccine pollo. I was so full. Made the mistake of having a glass of wine and felt really light headed, staggered my way to the loo! Drank another litre of warm water this morning and finally got the toilet movement I needed. So now I don't know what weight I am so may weigh tomorrow. x

Having a very hungry day and not managing much resistance! x

I'm glad things have finally moved for you mere. You must feel much better. Maybe the hungry day is a reaction? You are going to be seeing the 9's very soon. I can hardly believe I have an entire one of you to actually lose. That's really inspiring to me, as well as seeing your journey and having you here for advice. Have a lovely mums day weekend x

Thanks Angel, it was a relief to move! I am trying to be extra good to make up for the indulgence of yesterday. I ate about 1200 cals instead of the 800 I have been having so it wasn't a complete disaster! x

Thanks SS you too. I have had a good diet day but taking my mother out for lunch tomorrow then my son is treating me to lunch on Monday so not much chance of a drop in weight this week. Think I will have to be content with a STS. x

Back