ME's Back on track, got to stay there diary!

DisneyParis

An Attitude of Gratitude
Back on track, got to stay there. Going to charity ball in 3 1/2 months time, bought an outfit in the sales which l plan to wear to it (to keep me motivated l've posted a photo of outfit/shoes/handbag in my profile album, it's the blue dress, silver shoes & bag). I MUST re-lose the weight l've gained since last year before then otherwise there is no way it will fit. So here goes. :)

Edit - 16/6/11: to keep me on track thought it might be a good idea to get this thread moved to the diary section. It's 1st time l've done a diary on Minimins. :)

Last edited:
very pretty :)

beautiful dress.... im going to do the very same thing, i have a wedding coming up in july and going to buy the dress i want and will get into it..

good luck x

Well, 2 days back on track so far, feeling very positive and determined. Tonight rest of the family had yummy M&S food for dinner, while l kept to CD. :)

day 3 done, found today hard - headache, tired, cranky, hopefully tomorrow l'll feel better.

Onto day 4. Feeling very positive about diet but still feeling a bit yuck - tired, sore ear & sore throat. Meant to be doing more decluttering & get clothes kids have grown out of ready for charity shop. Going to have another cuppa then get moving again. Loads to do plus OH is bringing me office work home to do later so no more minimins until after kids get home from school.

PS When l think of or write the word diary l always think of dairy :rolleyes:, hmm, perhaps if l hadn't liked dairy so much (ie ice-cream, cheese etc) l wouldn't be doing a weight loss diary, lol.

Hey Dis, finally you have a dairy (lol). The dress, shoes and bag look really lovely and a great motivation for you.

Hope you have got past all the headaches etc and are now flying in ketosis :D Keep it up honey xx

Chels, thanks for the encouragement, appreciated. :hug99: :thankyou:

Well day 5 done and dusted. Headaches haven't been too bad this time getting back into CD, only had to take 2 migraine tablets a couple of days ago.

Hardest thing has been making dinner for the family, they've had more M&S ready meal type food this week than normal, so l haven't needed to actually be in the kitchen cooking as much, l just pop it in the oven, put the timer on and tell OH to serve it up when the oven turns off/timer goes , while they are having their tea l've went upstairs and went on the computer. It wasn't easy tonight with the smell of yummy food wafting through the house, but l'm determined and focused, long may it last. 104 days and counting to the Erskine Ball and l wear that dress, all going well.

Hopefully, by next week l'll be back in the kitchen cooking dinner again, l really enjoy cooking. I've promised my 7 y o son l'll make him some cupcakes, usually make them from scratch, but so l'm not tempted to sample l've bought him a Buzz Lightyear/Toy Story cake mix, l prefer homemade to those. 3 weeks today is his birthday, l've promised him l'll make his birthday cake - he wants one with a particular Star Wars cake topper, so that's why l'm making the cake rather than just buying, homemade cake is usually nicer too, will be hard to resist, but l've got to do my very best.

Went to the optician's for eye test today and l need glasses, didn't have time this afternoon to choose frames, but tomorrow morning my 14 y o daughter (also known as my fashion adviser/personal shopper :D) is coming into town to help me chose.

Still have a sore ear & sore throat tonight and feeling a bit feverish, had a sleep for a couple of hours earlier.

Days 6-8: still on track.
weigh-in: 5lbs lost.

5lbs already!!! That's fantastic Dis.......nice start to your weight loss :D That dress will look fab by the time the ball comes round.

x

Well here l am at Day 10 and sticking to SS 100% - yay! Amazing what the incentive of going to a posh do makes. :D
Been a very stressful week so far, haven't let that be an excuse to go off plan. Also not feeling well, think l've come down with a chest infection probably with feeling rundown, haven't had chance to go to doctor.

Last edited:
Day 11
Dietwise so far so good - had a CD bar for breakfast & a choc tetra around 2pm.

Been to the doctor's this morning as l'm feeling awful, thought l had a chest infection, but he says it's a virus, l've to take pain relief (as all the coughing is making my back and chest sore) and rest up until l feel better, he says it's pointless trying to keep going & fight it like l've been trying to do, taken day off working in my husband's business.
Doctor says, he's seen a lot of people with similar symptoms recently. Been watching a bit of morning telly this morning, first time in ages, and it's ready meals for OH & kids dinner tonight. :D
OH collecting son from school, so going to have a rest until they get home.

DIS!!! At last, a diary... yay! And you are doing so well, I am still struggling to get back on track after holiday... just about there today, but then again it's only 3.29...

Hope you are feeling better soon... not fair to be feeling ill in the summer. Then again, weather has been so rubbish!

xxx

DIS!!! At last, a diary... yay! And you are doing so well, I am still struggling to get back on track after holiday... just about there today, but then again it's only 3.29...

xxx

Katy, thanks for posting on here. Don't know if l'm very good at the diary thing (almost typed dairy again, lol), l'm just rambling on a lot of the time, but l think it's helping keep me accountable.

I nearly always struggle getting back on track after a holiday or a short break, l find it a wee bit easier when l make myself cut down on carbs before getting back to dieting proper.

Another couple of weeks & we are off on our holiday to Legoland via Liverpool, really looking forward to it. I've already planned out my days for food - hoping to stick to CD 810 as much as possible, though l'm planning one night off plan, hopefully without going over the top, hope it goes as well as it reads written down in my diet notebook.

Last edited:
Legoland in Windsor? Or Denmark? I live 20 minutes from the Windsor one x

Chels, it's the Windsor one. :) We're there 11th - 14th July. Might also go to Windsor Castle or take the train into London. 7 y o son wants to see Big Ben. What's the weather like down there at the moment?

Last edited:
Day 13: l've not been very well with this virus thing, OH is unwell with it too. I've had 2 CD today & 1/2 a small piece of carrot cake, strange since l don't really like carrot cake, but l just felt l needed something to give me a bit of energy, l only ate half as l didn't like it, it's not made any difference energywise, bet it's knocked me out of ketosis though. Never mind onwards!

I know l haven't been drinking enough water, just can't seem to face drinking so much, l've not been constipated, opposite actually, tmi :eek:
If you don't drink enough water does that slow your losses down?

Last edited:
Back