Messed it allllllllllllllllllllll up today!

raachel28

We went to the beach, I was really good and took a picnic, all free/superfree..........

THEN HAD THE BIGGEST, MOST CALORIFIC CHOC ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope not, I did save all my syns for it, but it must have been waaaaaaaaaay over lol. I've stuck to plan 100% apart from that, and I'm half way through fishy week so I'm hoping that'll help too lol x

Dont blow everything on one ice cream. It's how you deal with it now. Here's a little motivation...Hope it helps!!

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.

When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
if you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the strugglers, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

I would not worry, as long as it was yummy and worth it :)! Sometimes we all go of the track as we are only human after all (shock horror). Don't get down about just move on, SW is for life.

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
if you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the strugglers, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

Wow love that :-D

Don't worry its one small slip that is not the end of the world, and as you said you've stuck to the plan the whole time so far you've done really well :) xx

Raachel- I think it would have been worse to have been at home and eaten a multipack of ice-creams!!!! If you've saved your syns for it, I doubt it would be as bad as you think. Hope you had a great day at the beach :)

BTW JimJam I love that :)

darling, this is not all about the weight. slimming world is also about feeling good about yourself and making a positive lifestyle change.

you must realise the good of what you have done.
ok so you had an ice-cream - it was nice, you haven't had any other syns and have been following the plan. life is for living and everyone stumbles occassionally. also we should appreciate the small things in life and if that one ice-cream made your day extra special then it's ok. if you felt so bad that the ice-cream tasted like ash in your mouth then you wouldn't have been happy. being happy leads to a better weightloss and a more confident you.

also you felt bad later, if you did it on a whim and didn't bother to try and find the syns at all then that would be bad. but the fact you've come on here and said all this proves that this is working for you, that you are already making lifestyle changes that are better for you. so that ice-cream was well worth it in relizing that alone.

don't give up on yourself over one thing hun. if a monk -new in training- broke his new years resolution of not biting his nails, but accidently did it once on the third day. would you tell him to give up or encourage him to start afresh? this is the same. so go out there and rule over the food, and not let it rule over you! :D

I did that a few weeks ago when my brother came to visit, we went to the beach, but not only did I have the ice cream from a parlour, I had fish and chips too.... That week I also had a meal out, and I gained ½ lb that week.... But since then I've lost that and more. I think you'll be ok if you saved your syns for it, sometimes things that taste super yummy aren't as bad syn wise as you might think.

I fell off the tracks on Saturday after going to a wedding. I ate some quiche from the buffet and could not believe it was so high in syns when I looked it up. It realy shocked me and made me so upset with myself after being so good all week, but i think its good now and again as it pulls you back on track and it also means you are aware of what you are eating. An ice cream or a quiche now and again is ok, because before I joined SW I was eating things like this everyday so I know my life is changing when I have had one in 6 weeks.
Good luck on your journey

Back